Status: updating c:

Love Like a Tidal Wave

four.

I put on my black skinnies and a Pierce the Veil tank that Tony had given me to wear for tonight. The shirt outlined by sleeve that Tony and I got on my 18th birthday. I did my makeup and decided to leave my hair straight, which it naturally was. I got Jonah dressed and slipped on his little Vans that Tony got him. I put on my black Vans and we waited for Tony. I had a feeling that tonight was going to be great. I never heard his band play but Tony was amazing when it came to guitar.

I heard keys outside so I ran to the door and opened it before Tony had the chance. Jonah had jumped into Tony’s arms and Tony sat him up on his shoulders. This made me smile because Tony was perfect with Jonah and was the only real father figure he had.

Tony put Jonah into his car seat and I took the passenger seat. “Are you exited?” Tony asked. “Of course, I mean I never heard you guys play before so I am.” Tony turned up the radio and Move Along by All American Rejects was on. Tony and I sung at the top of our lungs because this happened to be our favorite song.

Speak to me, when all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along

Jonah laughed in the back seat and Tony grabbed my hand and kissed it and I blushed, he was the only person that I ever wanted for my best friend and I couldn’t ask for anyone else. I knew I had feelings for Tony from the minute I saw him. From day one he was there for me. He was the one holding my hand at the hospital 7 years later he’s holding my hand now. We’re not a couple because he knows about Jonah’s father and doesn’t want me to do anything I’d regret, but we both won’t deny that we love each other more than anything. It’s almost like Tony read my mind when he turned to me and smiled. I couldn’t help but smile because his smile could make even the most pessimistic person smile back.

When we got to the venue Tony gave me a backstage pass and ran because he had to get the sound check taking Jonah with him saying something about how he wants to “show him the ropes of being a rockstar”. I laughed it off because even though this man was 26 he acted like a child. The venue was still empty but there were people lined up outside so I went inside and looked around.

I found a bar and ordered water because after that one night I don’t drink anymore. I sat there on my phone checking FaceBook and before I knew it, it was time for them to perform. People started filing in holding up signs and wearing band shirts. I noticed that most had scars on their arms which made me scratch mine up even more.

I didn’t even notice until blood began trickling down my arm how badly I scratched it up. I ran to the bathroom backstage looking down not to attract attention. I was walking fast and bumped into a tall lanky guy with tattoos covering his whole body from his neck down. He was shirtless and was carrying drumsticks. He glanced at me apologetically before looking down to my arm. “Your arm, it’s bleeding. Come on let’s go.” He was dragging me somewhere and we ended up in the bathroom. He told me to stay so he could get a first aid kit.

He looked so familiar but I couldn’t put a name to the face. I shrugged it off because he returned and began cleaning my arm. A cold washcloth got pressed to my arm and he noticed all my scars. “My brother Vic has scars just like these. You know it always gets better right?” My eyes widened in shock. It was Mike. Vic’s brother Mike. The Vic that was the father to Jonah. It was Mike Fuentes.

“Tony, get Tony,” was the last thing I said before my panic attack went into full swing.

Tony’s P.O.V

I was showing Jonah how to play guitar when Mike rushed onto the stage saying something about a girl in the bathroom. I thought it was just another fan but then he described her. Blonde hair and green eyes, that was Eliza. I ran into the bathroom leaving Jonah with Vic and Jaime. Eliza was on the floor with a cloth wrapped around her wrist crying her eyes out. This happened so many times before so I knew the reason why. It was the guy again, the one who she had to leave.

She was having a panic attack and I had to calm her down or she would faint again. I rubbed slow circles on her back while she sat in my lap while I sat on the bathroom floor. When she calmed down I asked what was wrong, “Vic.”

“Yes Vic, Vic is the lead singer of Pierce the Veil.” She shook her head and put my hand on her wrist and then I realized who Vic was. Vic was Jonah’s father.

She started bawling her eyes out and that’s when Mike showed up at the door finally realizing who the girl with the scratched up wrist was. “Eliza.”