Status: updating c:

Love Like a Tidal Wave

seven.

Tony’s P.O.V

I woke up with Eliza in my arms. And smiled at the scene. She was beautiful even when asleep. She stirred in his sleep and finally opened her eyes blinking a few times to adjust to the light.

“Morning Tone.”

“Morning,” I pecked her lips. We were just laying there for a while doing nothing but enjoying each other’s presence until Jonah walked in all sleepy. He sat in my Darth Vader beanbag and fell asleep once again. Eliza laughed, “Why does this kid love your room more than his own.”

“Because the kid loves Star Wars cause it’s the best movie ever.”
She laughed and pulled the covers over her head. I got on top of her sitting on her legs and started tickling her. “Ton-Tony s-st-op!” she said in between breathes. I got off of her and we both got up making our way to the bathroom leaving Jonah to sleep. After brushing our teeth we went down to eat breakfast. I made myself a bowl of cereal and she just ate a bar. “So you don’t give Jonah Lucky Charms but you eat them yourself.” She said as she stole a spoonful of my cereal. “Hey they’re mine.” I caught her arms just as she was about to walk away. I sat her up on the counter, “You know what else is mine?” I pecked her lips and she smiled understanding what I was implying.

“Tony it’s Saturday, let’s go to the park.”

“Okay we’re going, we’re going.”

I got dressed in my usual clothing, a Key Street tank some skinnies and a snapback, while Eliza dressed got ready. I dressed Jonah as soon as I was done in his red Converse his jeans and a shirt. He pointed at my snapback and I put it on his head. It was way too big for him and covered his eyes but he always seemed to love it. I went down and Eliza was already waiting. We walked to the park which was a few blocks down and Jonah gave me back the hat and ran to the swing set. Eliza and I sat up against a tree and she leaned into me. We didn’t talk but just sat there.

“Tony what’s going on with us?” I was taken aback when she asked me this. I was never prepared to have this talk. “You’re right we need to talk.”

She put her head in her heads and started shaking it. “7 years ago I was at a party and I got drunk. Vic was my boyfriend at the time, we knew each other since kindergarten, but my parents never liked him. He picked me up from the party and he was high because of his little brother Mike. We had sex and a week later I found out I was pregnant. He told me he would always be there but then my parents found out and send me to my Aunt. I still haven’t talked to them to this day. At times my life was horrible and i went to self harm trying to find a way out. Tony you’re the one who saved me when Aunt Abby died. My feelings for Vic are still there, but are now almost gone, and they’re almost gone because of you Tony…”

“So Vic Fuentes is the guy? “ She nodded her head.

“You know Vic has been broken since I met him but he never told me why. He has scars littered across his arms, legs and stomach but never told me why. “

“What about us Tony? I don’t want Vic, he hurt me. I don’t want him in my life I want you.” I kissed her head and wiped the tears from her eyes that had formed. “I thought of you ask mine from day one and always hoped you felt the same was Liz and now I know you do.”

“Thank you Tony.” We went back to watching Jonah play again without saying a single word. Our hands were laced together.

Everything was perfect until I saw Vic, Jaime and Mike coming towards us a soccer ball in hand.

Eliza tensed up beside me, I squeezed her hand and helped her up.

“Hi Tony, Eliza.” Mike spoke up and Jaime smiled. Vic couldn’t take his eyes off of Eliza but she just continued looking down.