Status: i love you

Weightless

Chapter 5

ALEX’S POV

Jack wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. He didn’t realize that he had screwed with my head too, but after that embarrassing mess I just shouted at him, I think he realized, because he apologized. It felt really nice having his arms around me. I felt really safe, and I just wanted to curl up next to him and lay there forever. Okay, that is definitely not what you say about your best friend. So I guess that thought confirmed it, I had feelings for Jack, and his stupid skunk hair, and his childish dick jokes, and his perfect smile, and ugh.. I wasn’t even going to try to fight them anymore.

I stopped crying and looked up at him and into his eyes. His big, deep brown eyes. Damn, I really wanted to kiss him. I looked down at his lips, and back into his eyes, before crashing our lips together. It felt so amazing. It never felt like this when I kissed Lisa, who I hadn’t thought about all week since everything with Jack.

The kiss was beginning to get heated. Jack parted our lips with his tongue. We messaged our tongues together and I was finding it harder to breathe. Everything about him in that moment was so breathtaking. Why had I never noticed how perfect this boy was? He pulled me up so I straddling him. I had his face in both of my hands and his hands were wrapped tightly against my waist. We were both breathing heavily now. Everything felt so right. I never felt like that with anyone, and there I was making out with my best friend since high school.

He pulled away and I whimpered at the lack of lip contact between us. “You’re not gonna run off and ditch me again after this are you?” he asked me, with sad look in his eyes. “No way, Jack. I’m in touch with my feelings now,” I assured him. “And your feelings are… what?” he asked. “Well considering I just made out with you and enjoyed it and want to stay here forever, I think it’s safe to say that maybe I like you a little. Or maybe a lot,” I said pressing my forehead against his, smiling. He was so perfect.

--

We stayed in there for around an hour just being with each other. We figured Zack and Rian forgot about us. Not that we minded. As long as we were in there together. Then we heard the door to the bus open and foot steps. We pulled ourselves away from each other. We had decided not to tell everyone about us just yet. We figured it had been Rina and Zack returning to let us out, but then we heard, “Alex, baby, are you h-.. what the hell is this dresser doing in front off the bathroom?” We heard the dresser scoot and the bathroom door swing open. And what I saw, I couldn’t believe. It was Lisa. Standing there giving me and Jack a confused look.

“Uhh what the hell?” she asked us. “I…uhh.. they locked us in here as a… joke… what the fuck are you doing here?” I said. I’d finally gotten over her and moved on to better things and she has to show up. “I came to get my baby back. I messed up really bad, Alex, I’m so sorry,” she said taking a step towards me. “Uhh, can we talk about this somewhere else,” I asked, glancing towards Jack. He was just staring at the ground. “Sure babe,” she said. She sounded like such a whore. I stood up, grabbed her hand, and walked her out to the beach.
______________________________________________________________________________

JACK’S POV
Alex got up and grabbed her hand, before walking out of the bus and down to the beach. My stomach sunk and fell right out of my butt. Of course, I finally get him and the devil shows up to steal him away from me. I had a feeling he would forget about me and take her back. But he couldn’t right? Unless he just considered me a distraction from Lisa.

All the happy feelings I had been feeling just minutes ago drained from me, and a knot was forming in my throat. Why did she have to show up? I stood up and went straight to my bunk to cry. Of course it was too good to be true. The day I think he’s mine, he’s gone. A moment later my curtain flew open, pulling me away from my thoughts. Zack and Rian were standing there staring at me and the tears flowing down my face. “Dude, what the fuck is going on? We just saw Lisa and Alex walk down the beach holding hands, and you’re lying in here crying your balls out,” Zack said. I just pulled the curtain closed and turned over, pulling my knees to my chest. I heard Rian whisper, “Just give him some time.”

I let my mind wonder, which was a mistake, because once the thoughts started, they wouldn’t go away. I pictured Alex telling Lisa he loved her and pulling her in for a kiss and tickling her and playfully tackling her to the sand. That was enough to cause me to full on sob. I just wanted him so bad. Kissing him had been the best thing that I had ever done just moments ago, and now had turned itself into a mistake. I finally stopped crying and got out of my bunk, pulling on my sneakers. Maybe if I got some fresh air and got out of that tour bus, I’d feel a little better.

I walked down to the beach and walked in the opposite direction Rian and Zack had told me Alex had gone. I reached in my pocket and pulled out my phone, turning it off. I didn’t want to be bothered by anyone right at the moment. I walked for around 45 minutes before I found a pier, and sat under it in the sand. There were only a few people up there, and they were too involved in their boy/girlfriend or food to even notice me under them. It was 7:30 and the sun was already falling lower in the sky and hiding halfway behind the ocean. It was so peaceful and I started to think about how when I was little, my parents told me how the moon and the sun were in love. It was beautiful when I was a kid, but it sounded silly now. Love in general sounded silly now.

I took off my shoes so I could feel the warm sand. The warmth of the sand didn’t last long though, because after the sun went down, it got really cold. And plus the wind started to blow. By the time I decided to leave, I was shivering.

--

I walked back into the bus and everyone turned to look at me. “Where the hell were you?!” Rian yelled me. “I.. uhh just went for a walk.. what’s going on?” I asked, seeing the concern on his and Zack’s face. They stepped aside so I a view of the couch, where Alex was sitting. His face was white and he was sobbing hysterically. He wasn’t breathing correctly either. He was pulling at his hair with both hands. He was having a panic attack. What had caused this to happen? I had never seen him have a panic attack this severe before… it must have been bad, whatever happened.