‹ Prequel: Let Me Perfect It

Right Back Where We Started

You Little Prick

Image

Sophie's POV

"You little prick." I snarled.

"Me?" Alex asked, wide eyed.

I had only been awake for a few hours and had already heard from more than a few people what had happened after I left the party. I couldn't believe Alex would dare kiss Chloe when she had a boyfriend. I had gone into old Sophie protection rage.

I caught hold of Alex's shirt as he tried to get away and put him in a head lock. "Yes you." I hissed "Didn't I fucking tell you to leave my drummer alone?"

"Sophie are you fucking crazy?" Alex gasped, trying to get away from me.

"I am when you try to ruin the best thing that ever happened to my best friend!" I growled.

"Sophie let me go!"

"Sophie let him go."

Alex and I both looked to see Chloe standing in front of us. She looked at me very disapprovingly.

"I thought you were past Rage Sophie." she smiled weakly.

"I told him to stay away from you." I glared down at Alex who was still in a head lock.

"Just let him go."

"Not until he promises to back off." I argued.

"If you don't fucking let me go right now," Alex growled, "I'll tell William the truth!"

"The truth about what?"

"Fuck." I hissed as my eyes fell on William.

"What is going on Sadie?" William frowned "You aren't suppose to be raising your heart rate and I doubt it is very calm with you trying to choke out Alex."

I choose to ignore William for the moment. "Tell him to back off Chloe." I sighed, releasing Alex "He will only listen to you."

"Because I know she likes me!" Alex argued back.

"As a friend I do." Chloe sighed, stopping Alex in his tracks "Brendon and I talked, if you don't back off he is going to get mad. He wants you to leave me alone."

"But you don't want me to." Alex frowned.

"I want you to too." she sighed "Until you can talk to me without flirting and trying to ruin my relationship."

"Whatever." Alex hissed, before storming off.

Chloe smiled and pulled me into a tight hug. "Thank you for trying to defend me, even if it was a bit of a dramtic manner."

"Always." I hugged her back.

"You are Sophie aren't you?"

"What?" I choked out, heart beginning to pound.

William crossed his arms and gave me a look "Tell me the truth, or is there something else Alex would threaten you with?"

"What makes you think I'm Sophie?" I stuttered out, holding onto Chloe for support.

"You just put Alex in a head lock." William rolled his eyes "You are the only person in the world I've met who gets that Mother Bear over your band. Now fess up!"

"I-" I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. Like a hammer on my ribs. "I-" I looked at Chloe for help and my vision started to go blurry. Next thing I knew my legs buckled and everything went black.

"Sophie!"

------------------------

I woke up on the couch of my bus, a cold rag to my forehead and the medic stareing down at me.

"I told you not to raise your heart rate." he smiled.

"Oh fuck you." I groaned, rolling so my face was hidden by the back of the couch.

"If she is cussing up a storm she is fine." the medic laughed "Just keep a close eye on her for the next twenty-four hours. Make sure she doesn't get excited again and gets plenty of rest. Continue to wake her up every two to three hours."

"Thank you." another male voice sighed.

"Whoever is on my bus that isn't in my band go the hell away." I groaned into the couch "I'm not dealing with you right now!"

"I think you are." the male voice growled.

"I think she has had enough excitement for today. We are already going to have to cancel another days set so she can relax. We don't need you stirring her up again." Angie snapped.

"Look at me New York eyes." the male voice growled, close to my ear.

I rolled over and saw William looking at me and he did not look happy. I smiled weakly "Didn't you hear Chicago thighs? I moved to Vegas."

William smiled softly, his face resting on the couch next to mine "I missed you Sophie."

I let out a small sigh "I know."

----------------------------------

"Sophie wake up."

I let out a tired sighed "What does the world want from me now?"

"You've been sleep for three hours. You need to get up for a little bit."

"But I just want to sleep." I wined. That was when I noticed that I had been moved to my bunk and that I wasn't the only one in it.

William let out a chuckle "Common," he smiled "We can watch the last half hour of Peter Pan, I remember it is your favorite part."

"What are you doing William?" I asked with a sigh, looking at him laying next to me.

He shrugged and looked away awkwardly.

"You know we aren't going to pick up where we left off before I got mad at you right?" I asked softly.

"You kissed me." he mummbled.

"Excuse me?"

"You did." he tried to argue.

"When?"

"At the party last night. I know it wasn't a dream and you were just lying." he answered, not looking at me.

"I'm pretty sure you kissed me and I fell over." I corrected "Besides aren't you mad at me for lying to you?"

William shrugged "I think I'm more happy to see you again to really care."

I caught his eye and he seemed to be searching mine for I don't know what. I let out a small sigh "You really missed me didn't you?"

"Didn't you miss me?" he asked hopefully.

"Now and then," I smiled a little "but I don't think this is a good idea."

William frowned "I understand," he sighed "can we at least be friends again?"

I grinned "Yeah, friends would be okay."

"I still like you."

I let out a huge sigh. "William." I groaned, rolling out of the bunk and walking away.

"Just so you know." he smiled, sitting down next to me.

"Are you going to keep reminding me?" I sighed with a smiled.

He laid back on the couch, resting his head on my lap and smiled up at me "Now and then."

I rolled my eyes and turned on the tv on. I found myself playing with his hair not too long after that. I looked down at him and sighed. William smiled up at me.

"What?" I laughed a little.

"You should sing me something."

I smiled as my eyebrows knit together, "What is your damage?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you keep asking me to sing to you?" I frowned "You have a better voice."

"But I hear my voice all the time, I haven't seen you in five years."

I rolled my eyes. "Then go buy our EP."

"It's not the same." he poured "Please, Sophie? It will make up for you lying to me for the past week."

I pursed my lips "What if I don't want to make it up to you?"

"Common." he smiled.

I rolled my eyes again "You aren't going to let this go are you?"

"Nope."

"What do you want me to sing?" I sighed.

"Something happy." he grinned.

I stared at the roof of the bus for a moment.

"Call me cold, cold-hearted
Hard-headed, headed straight for disaster
Call me out, out-smarted
A smarter mind would have minded my manners

Don't get me wrong, don't get me wrong
Never meant to take you for granted
Chuck a bomb, bombarded
Boarded up, up head in the rafters

Loss of composure, with nothing to say
When the weight's on my shoulders, I get carried away
My only intention is seeing you smile."

"That's not the whole song." William smiled.

"I'm too tired William." I answered, closing my eyes "Besides you sing it better."

He smiled and picked the song up where I left off. "Holding, holding on for dear life
Holding, holding on to get it right
Don't get me wrong, get me wrong
Never meant to take you for granted
Holding, holding on for dear life
Holding on to get it right

Kind of kind, kind of funny
Funny times, time's not in our favor
Get me hard, hard honey
Honey bitter, bittersweet behavior

Don't get me wrong, get me wrong
Never meant to take you for granted
Call me cold, cold-hearted
Hard-headed, headed straight for danger

Loss of composure, with nothing to say
When the weight's on my shoulders, I get carried away
My only intention is seeing you smile

Holding, holding on for dear life
Holding, holding on to get it right
Don't get me wrong, get me wrong
Never meant to take you for granted
Holding, holding on for dear life
Holding on to get it right

Call me cold, cold-hearted
Hard-headed, headed straight for disaster
Let's go back to where we started
We were happy, happily-ever-after... right?

Holding, holding on for dear life
Holding, holding on to get it right
Don't get me wrong, get me wrong
Never meant to take you for granted
Holding, holding on for dear life
Holding on to, holding on to get it right
Holding on to, holding on to get it right
Holding on to, holding on to
Don't get me wrong, get me wrong
Never meant to take you for granted
Holding, holding on for dear life
Holding on to get it right."

"See." I smiled lightly "You sing it better."

"I still love hearing you sing."

--------------------

When I woke up a few hours later William was gone. There was however a note tucked into the pocket of my vest.

Had to go play my set. We'll hang out later, yeah?

-William


"I was just about to wake you up." Chloe smiled.

I looked over at her "Let's all go do something. Just us girls, we haven't just hung out in a really long time."

Chloe smiled at me "Are you still a little concussed?"

"Maybe," I grinned "but I still think it's a good idea."