Status: i love you

The Only One

Chapter 1

VIC’S POV

I rolled over and looked at my blaring alarm clock. “UGHHHAHHHSAIGBOBV OUB!!” I yelled out. Six in the fucking morning. The sun was not even beginning to come up. I hated being awake before the sun. it was dark in my bedroom and warm under my blankets. I debated whether or not to get up, but it was the first day of the Spring Fever Tour with Sleeping With Sirens, and they were never late, so I figured I’d get my ass out of bed.

I kicked the covers off and laid there for another ten minutes. I always laid in my bed for a little while after I first woke up. Usually I would lay there thinking about what it would be like to wake up to someone beside me. Waking up in the warmth of another human being, curled and tangled up together, kissing each other’s noses and smiling under the covers at how cute the other looked after first being awoken. I wanted that more than anything. Just to not be alone anymore. I mean, sure, I had the guys, and they were great, but I needed someone to take a stronger role than just a friend in my life. I was lonely.

I sighed, rolling out of bed. I figured I’d better wake up Mike before we were both late. I walked across the hall and opened Mike’s door, walking into his room singing at the top of my lungs, “IMAGINE LIVIN’ LIKE A KING SOMEDAY!” Luckily for us, our parents slept upstairs, or they would have had a rude awakening. He just groaned and pulled the pillow over his head. I ran over to his bed and jumped up on it, grabbing the pillow and smacking him with it. “Get up, get showered, get dressed, get psyched!” I yelled at him. “We start tour today man, get your ass out of bed!” I could tell he was getting pissed, but I didn’t really care. He had to get out of bed, even if he hated it as much as I did. Finally, after about five minutes of me smacking him with his pillow, he rolled over and sat up, saying grouchily, “Okay I’m up, I’m up. Get the fuck out of here.”

I walked out of his room and into the bathroom, starting the shower. We always had silent, unsaid races to the bathroom for showers so we could use the hot water before the other. I usually got there first, but when Mike did, I regretted it, because he purposely used the hot water, so I would have to shower in the ice cold water. But this morning, I got there before him. I silently thanked myself for the early alarm. I took a quick shower, deciding to be generous to Mike and save him some hot water.

Jaime and Tony were supposed to meet us at our house at 7:30. We had already packed the night before, so after Mike showered and we hauled our bags upstairs, all we had to do was wait for them. While we waited, we fixed some cereal and coffee and watched the Saturday morning cartoons like we had when we were kids and had awoken before our parents. I smiled at the memory of me pouring my little brother’s cereal and telling him to carry the bowl with both hands to the coffee table in front of the TV.

We were watching Loony Tunes when Jaime and Tony had finally arrived at 7:45. Jaime was always late, and Tony had carpooled with him. When the doorbell rang, Mike jumped up to answer it, anxious to see his other two basically brothers. We hadn’t seen them pretty much the whole break because we had been spending our time with our families.

“Hey! What’s up man! Sorry we’re late, my alarm didn’t go off this morning,” Jaime said to Mike. I walked over to them and rolled my eyes, giving him a sarcastic, “Uh-huh okay,” to his alarm excuse. He just laughed and pulled me into a bro hug. “Where’s Tony?” asked Mike. “He’s sleeping in the car, not much of a morning person, heh,” said Jaime, gesturing towards his SUV parked in the driveway. We all laughed. Poor Tony. He had never really been a morning person.

We grabbed all our bags and double checked everything in the house. I left a note on the table to our parents that said, “We’re off for tour. Love you. I’ll call you every chance I get.” Even though we had said our goodbyes the night before, I wanted to assure them we were okay before we left. After everything had been checked, we piled into Jaime’s car and headed to the tour busses. I was excited to see Kellin and the rest of the guys, but mainly Kellin. We had grown really close during our writing session and recording studio time. I would definitely say he was one of my best friends.

The 30 minute car ride to where the busses were parked outside of star bucks was completely silent. We would catch up later. Mike ended up passing out and his head fell to rest on my shoulder. Jaime laughed when he saw us in the rear view mirror. Two out of four knocked out cold. Jaime and I stayed silent to assure we didn’t wake the two. We didn’t want to put up with their whiney asses, so we let them sleep.

When we arrived at the star bucks, I immediately got excited when I saw the tour busses. I loved being at home with my family, but touring was where my heart was set. I saw the sws boys standing outside talking amongst themselves. I shook Mike to wake him and Jaime did the same for Tony. We parked next to the busses and all hopped out. I guess Kellin had gone back in his bus because I didn’t see him. I was a little disappointed.

We were sharing hugs and fist bumps with all the guys when I heard a familiar, high pitched voice say, “Damn you guys are super late! We’ve been waiting around forever for you to show up.” There was only one person to whom a voice like that belonged to. I turned around and saw Kellin wearing one of his Anthem Made tanks, black skinny jeans that were cuffed once at the bottom, and his grey TOMS. Me, Mike, and Tony all gave Jaime a look that said, “Aye this is your fault.” He threw his hands up in defense and said, “Hey look we’re at star bucks! Might as well get some coffee!” He was looking for an escape. We all laughed at him and everyone except Kellin started to follow him into to star bucks. I noticed he wasn’t coming and turned to ask him if he was coming. He shook his head no and said, “Nah I already had some before I left. You can go on without me he.” He said the last part dramatically, clutching his hand on his chest. “I already had some too, so I’ll stay here and chill,” I said turning to follow him into his bus.

We stepped into his bus and I saw how nice it was. Much nicer than our bus. Kellin turned around and chuckled at me gawking at his bus. “Nice huh? Maybe you can switch with one of the guys and stay here for a night.” He said. I just nodded and sat down on the couch. “Hey you wanna monster or yoo-hoo or something?” he asked, cracking open his own yoo-hoo. “No thanks, man. I’m alright.” He shrugged and plopped down beside me on the couch, taking a sip of his chocolate drink. I laughed at him and he gave me a confused look. “Hey man, I like your new mustache, it suits you nicely,” I said, still laughing. He pulled out his phone and slid up the camera, seeing his chocolate milk stache. He laughed and used the back of his hand to wipe his mouth. “There, better?” he asked, turning to look at me. I saw some more on the corner of his mouth and laughed. I licked my thumb and rubbed the corner where the yoo-hoo still was. We looked at each other and he bit his lip, before I jumped up and said, “Welp, I guess the guys are probably coming back soon so I better head on over to my bus to get my bags unpacked. He nodded and said, “Yeah man. Do you need any help?” “Nah, I don’t have much. I think I got it,” I said, shaking my head. “Alright, cool dude, see ya later,” he said, drinking more yoo-hoo. I opened the bus door, and stepped out, headed to my own bus.

I thought the weird eye contact between the two of us had been a little awkward, but I shrugged it off and started unpacking my things, waiting for the guy’s coffee break to be over so we could get our show on the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
uhh i love you