Status: i love you

The Only One

Chapter 11

KELLIN’S POV

I sat in the bathroom floor for around 20 minutes just crying before I started to feel sleepy again. I got up and rinsed my mouth out and then returned to Vic’s bunk. It was really, really early in the morning so I could see what I was doing in the semi-dark. I crawled in the bunk, causing Vic to stir in his sleep. He looked really adorable, awe. His eyes opened and he looked at me. He had a confused look on his face. He must have been able to tell I had been crying.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked, his voice sleepy. “Nothing, just a bad dream. Let’s go back to sleep,” I told him. He was so sleepy he didn’t even protest, he just closed his eyes and snuggled into me, quickly falling fast asleep. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his head. It wasn’t long before I was falling asleep, yet again, hoping that I didn’t have any more weird ass dreams.

--

I woke up, this time because of the light that was flooding the little bunk. Vic was still snuggled up to my chest and I still had my arms around him. He was awake though, just looking up at me, like he had been watching me. I smiled at him and kissed his forehead. “How long have you been awake?” I asked him. He looked a little embarrassed. “Uhm, like 45 minutes…?” he answered me in a quiet voice. I laughed at him. He had been watching me. “You, are a little creep. Watching me sleep and stuff,” I said to him, booping his nose with my finger. “Well, I didn’t want to wake you up so I just sort of laid here. Plus you look really cute when you sleep,” he said the last part in a small voice. It was actually the cutest thing I had ever seen. I smiled at him and said, “Vic, I was joking. You’re not a creep, you’re adorable.” He just blushed and looked down at my lips. I took that as an open invitation to kiss him. I closed the space in between our lips and he wrapped his arms around my neck. We broke apart and I pushed my forehead to his and rubbed our noses together.

“So… why were you crying last night?” he asked me out of nowhere. I had completely forgotten about that dream, and almost wished he hadn’t even brought it up. But I knew that he was just making sure I was okay and that nothing was wrong. That dream had been the worst dream that I had ever had, and I never wanted to think about it again, but I had to explain to Vic why I had been crying…
“I just had a really bad dream, that’s all,” I told him. He looked at me curiously and said, “Well what happened in it?” I sighed. I knew I had to give him some sort of explanation. I knew he wouldn’t just drop the subject or let it go. “Well… I was just running and I could hear you crying and no matter how fast I ran I couldn’t get to you. It just scared me because it was dark and I wanted to know where you were at..” I told him. I was not going to tell him all the details of the dream. I felt like it would just trigger him or upset him, so I kept quiet.

He looked kind of sad. “What’s wrong?” I asked him. “I just don’t like seeing you sad or crying. It makes me sad,” he told me, looking down. How was he so cute? It killed me. I put my finger under his chin and pushed his face up so he was looking at me. “Hey, I’m okay. It was only a dream. As long as I know that you’re okay, then I’m okay. Okay?” I said to him. He nodded and smiled, “Okay.”

And that reminded me. “Speaking of you being okay, are you okay?” I asked him. We still hadn’t talked about his arms. He looked around the bunk, looking everywhere but my eyes. I put my hand on his face and brushed the hair out his eyes and said, “Vic, look at me. Talk to me. Don’t just leave me wondering. I need to know what’s been going on. I want to help you…” He looked at me with sad eyes. I knew he still didn’t want to talk about it, but really wanted to know…

“How about we get some breakfast and talk about it later. I’m too hungry to talk about anything right now,” he said with a hopeful look. And right on cue, my stomach growled. He looked at me and smiled. He knew he had won. “Ugh, fine. But only because I’m starving,” I said, rolling my eyes. He sat up and crawled over me, dragging me out of the bunk with him. None of the guys were there. They never were. They were the biggest fucking party animals I had ever met.

Vic pulled me to the kitchen by my hand and said, “We’re having pancakes!” He was just way too excited about pancakes to be a grown man. I smiled and rolled my eyes as he searched around the kitchen for the ingredients. I figured we would just be making the pancakes with a mix, but I guess I was wrong. He started to pull out a lot of stuff like flour, eggs, baking powder, ect. What kind of tour bus even had this kind of stuff?

“We really love our homemade pancakes,” he said as if he had read my mind. I was standing there just watching him get the stuff we needed out when he said, “Come on. You can’t just stand there, come help me!” I rolled my eyes again for probably the 100th time that day and went over to him waiting for him to explain what to do. He told me to look at the recipe and measure out the flour, so I did. But cooking was boring to me, so I decided to make it interesting. I grabbed a handful of the flour and blew it at Vic’s face. He squeezed his eyes shut and his mouth dropped open. I burst out laughing at his white face. He opened his eyes and looked at me shocked. He grabbed a handful of flour and smacked me in the face, covering the left side of my face. Then he took his hand and rubbed it all over my face, covering me in the white dust. That started a full on flour war. We were grabbing handfuls and throwing them at each other like crazy.

It lasted for around maybe 10 minutes before we realized there was no flour left in the flour tub. All that was left was what I had measured out in the bowl for the pancakes, and considering we were both hungry, we didn’t dare touch that. We were both laughing and we looked like fucking snowmen or some shit. But we didn’t even care. We were having fun. I walked over to him and pulled him to me, crashing our lips together. The kiss was weird considering we were basically the Pillsbury dough boy. He smiled into the kiss and started laughing again. He got into a fit of giggles, causing me to smile.

Vic slowed down laughing and said, “Okay.. okay. Let’s do what we came here to do in the first place! I’m hungry and I want some pancakes!” He tried to make a pouty face but ended up laughing more. I laughed with him but started on the pancakes again. We finally mixed them and started cooking them. We tried to make them into a heart shape, but they mostly turned out to be some really fucked up circles. A few of them actually did resemble a heart though, and we were proud of those few. We finally finished up and put out the syrup and butter on the little booth table. We didn’t worry about cleaning any of the mess. We didn’t even clean ourselves. We would worry about that later. Right then, we were hungry.

We ate all the pancakes we had made, each of us eating about 6. They were amazing regardless of how they looked on the outside. I was glad Vic had decided that we needed to make pancakes. It was fun making them and eating them. If it had been someone else, I would have laughed at the idea of making homemade pancakes, but Vic basically had me wrapped around his finger, and I didn’t even mind.

When we finished, we just sat there for a little while, smiling at each other and laughing because we looked like fools covered in flour. I was really content just sitting there not talking, but I still needed to know. “So…” I said, kind of awkwardly. He opened his mouth to talk but was interrupted by the bus door opening and Mike, Jaime, and Tony walking in.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's taking so long. school sucks dick. and I've been sick, ew.