Status: Just Trying It Out! tell Me What You Think!

Friendly Competition

Four

I tapped my nails to my desk as stared at the chalk board. Sloan came into the classroom and sat next to me, as usual. I didn’t even bother to look her way. We haven’t spoken in days, an in all honesty it sucked, but until my cousin could except that I liked Ryder, then there was nothing to talk about.

After forty minutes the bell sounded and I threw all my books into my backpack and I rushed out of the room quickly because I didn’t want to get stuck in a situation where I would have to talk to Sloan. I met Ryder in the hall and I kissed his cheek and we walked towards my other class.

"Still not talking to Sloan, huh?" he questioned as he stopped near lockers near my class. I nodded as stood in front of him. He sighed and he looked at me.

"Babe, you have to talk to her." he spoke as he looked off into the distance. I rolled my eyes and I shook my head.

"I don’t have to do anything. Could you please drop it Ryder. I just started to like you, please don’t make me hate you again." I spat as I lifted my bag onto my shoulder again. He put both of his hands up and stepped back slowly.

"Allie, you hurt me." he spoke acting as if he was half wounded. I rolled my eyes and pulled him over to by his shirt. He smirked and I planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"I'll meet you for lunch." I whispered as I turned and walked back into my classroom. During lunch Ryder was acting different...funny almost. I kept pestering him about what was wrong but he insisted that he was ok.

~*~*~

Ryder and I walked out of our last class of the day and he let out a huge sigh.

"Allie, I can’t see you anymore." he spoke quietly. My mouth popped open and I shook my head in disbelief. What the hell was he saying? I felt like someone punched a giant hole into my chest.

"Are you joking? Please telling me, you’re kidding because this isn’t even funny." I spewed, anger pouring out of every word.

"I think you’re an amazing person, but Sloan is you best friend...not to mention your cousin. You both do everything together. I just dont want to be the reason you guys stop talking." he spoke gently as he stepped closer to me. I shook my head, this guys is a joke right now. I cant be in his presence, i musnt let him see me cry.

"Ok fine. We won’t see each other anymore." I stated as backed away from him. I turned on my heels and I hightailed it out of there. My face burned red from embarrassment and anger. This was all her fault. She just couldn’t let me be happy for once! She drove him away from me, and I hated her for it. I ran to my aunt’s house, slamming the door behind me.

"SLOAN! SLOAN, where are you? Sloan?" I screamed. I was irate, I wanted to make her pay. She came running into the foyer of the house and she stopped when she saw my appearance.

"Allie what is it?" she questioned walking closer to me. I stepped closer and I tackled her to the ground, she screamed bloody murder and she wrestled me back.

"What the hell is your problem?" Sloan screamed as she wriggled free from my grasp. I sat on my knees and I felt the tears finally begin to flow. I was embarrassed because I put everything on the line for this guy, because my feelings were genuine and my cousin couldn’t see it. I was angry because he could’ve stayed and he chose not to. Lastly, I felt stupid because in the end Ryder did exactly what Sloan said he would do and that was play me.

"Ally Cat what's wrong?" Sloan asked me crawling over to me and pulling my head into her cheats and stroking my hair. I sobbed harder because this is what I missed about our relationship. Sloan was my sister but after this I don’t know if I could ever forgive her for what she had done.

After an hour of sobbing, I finally composed myself enough to tell her what had happened and she listened without saying anything

Shocker

When I finished telling her why I was crying, she bite her lip and I saw the tears welling up in her eyes. She really didn’t know how much Ryder meant to me. She looked down at her French manicure and she let out a sigh.

"Allie I am so sorry. I didn’t realize that he mean that much to you and that he wanted us to continue talking. I am really sorry, I can talk to him if you'd like I really want to make this better. Not just for us but for the two of you as well." she whispered as she sniffled a tear rolling down her round cheek. I shook my head because Ryder could’ve stayed with me without me talking to her but he made the choice to leave me. That had nothing to do with Sloan. Ryder played with my emotions and I don’t know if I can forgive him for that. I wouldn’t tell that to Slo though, she would run with that information. We got up off of the floor and we went to our rooms where I dozed thinking of Ryder.

~*~*~

That morning Sloan and I walked into school arm in arm. I expressed how nervous I was to go to school and have to face Ryder. Sloan was being hyper supportive, it was a nice change. I was wearing a tight green contour skirt with a flowy black top and black sandals my curly hair in a messy bun on the top of my head. When we walked through the doors I felt Ryder’s eyes on me and I felt my heart racing and my face heating up. I kept my head forward and I walked with Sloan over to our friends and we all laughed and chatted. It felt normal to me again. But something was missing.

Ryder

My subconscious sneered at me. I walked to my first class to find Ryder waiting outside. My breath got caught in my throat and I felt my hear jumping. I literally couldn’t face him .

"Hey Al." He spoke as I approached. All I could manage was a wave, nothing more nothing less. He sighed and stepped closer to me, to which I took a step back.

"Allie I’m sorry for what happened. I didn’t handle this well..." he trailed off of his sentence. I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes. My anger boiling over.

"You didn’t handle this at all, Ryder. That’s the thing, you played me. Like you do every other girl in this fucking school. You hurt me. When I put everything on the line to be with you. You threw that away without as much as a second glance. That’s what you did Ry." I spoke angrily, tears rolling down my face. He ran a hand through his hair.

“Allie I thought that I was doing the right thing. I thought that I was helping you get Sloan back. I wasn’t trying to hurt you. Allie I wasn’t playing you I actually care about you.” He spoke as he stepped closer to me. I held my arm out so he couldn’t come closer. He sighed and I saw the frustration in his eyes and I couldn’t do it anymore.

“Ry you should get to class.” I whispered as I dried my eyes and I stepped by him to go into my class.

My day droned on and when I reached ninth period I was contemplating skipping class so I didn’t have to see Ryder. I walked into class and took my seat next to him while he was chatting away with his friends. When class began our teacher told us to grab a partner and to start working on practice problems. Ryder and I looked at each other and part of me was hoping that he would ask me to be his partner, another part was hoping he wouldn’t.

“Allie will you work with me?” my friend Brianna asked and I was so quick to say yes I didn’t even realize that Ryder was going to ask me as well. I heard him sigh and ask one of his other buddies.

~*~*~
When class was over Ryder waited until everyone else was all packed up to come over to me.

“Al, please let me show you that I really care. Give me a second chance. I’ll show you that I’m not who you think I am.” He whispered. I took a deep breath in and nodded.

“Okay.”