Status: At the beginning

Surrender, My Love

Chapter Three

After a good thirty minutes, we finally arrived at this massive modern style mansion with a six car garage. 'What bachelor needs six cars?' I pondered before Damian abruptly stopped the car.

"Alright we're here," he said getting out and walking over to the passenger side. He easily scooped Lola up in his arms and headed toward the front door with me following. "Is anyone else here?" I asked after noticing how my pumps made an echo throughout the house.

"Nope, just me." He turned a corner and opened a door to reveal a spare bedroom. The room had a green, white and grey modern theme. It was actually quite nice, to be honest.

"Your friend can stay here." He plopped her down on the queen sized bed before turning the light off and walking past me out of the room.

"What about me?" I questioned following me about cracking the door just in case she needed something in the middle of the night.

"My room's always available," he wiggled his eyebrows. "I'm serious." I stated crossing my arms over my chest. "So was I," he muttered.

"There's a few other spare bedrooms upstairs, you can take one of those." He headed up the stairs and left me alone in this unfamiliar house. "Might as well take a look around," I said to myself. I discovered; several downstairs bedrooms, a den with a pool table and a flat screen television, the kitchen, a formal dining room and a very posh living room.

I was surprised that for a single guy that it was so nice and actually stylish. I entered the kitchen and after an extensive search found the glass cups and filled it with water. My search throughout the house continued when I went looking for Tylenol or Advil for Lola's hangover tomorrow.

Once I found the bottle in a bathroom I headed back towards the bedroom Lola was no doubt still passed out in. After getting her mini hangover kit ready on the bedside table I went upstairs in order to claim my own room for the night.

Damian walked out of two large double doors wearing only a pair of plaid pajama pants with his incredibly well defined six pack on display. "Here catch!" He threw a pair of basketball shorts at me and a white t-shirt.

"Thank you," I caught the flying clothes with ease, there was a white t shirt with the words 'Albany Eagles Football' and a pair of grey cotton shorts.

"You sure you don't want to join me in my room?" He once again smirked at me. "Give it a rest," I sighed crossing my arms.

"For a house guest you sure are rude," he said. "And for a host you sure are annoying," I countered.

"I bet you're one of those girls who have a comeback for every pickup line guys use," Damian grabbed a can of Pepsi from the refridgerator. "Of course I do," I smirked back.

"Yeah no wonder you're single," he said. I must have been hanging my mouth open for a bit too long from his comment because he preceded to say, "Might want to close your mouth sweetheart. Unless of course you want me to put my special friend in there."

I was now floored that any man would speak like that to a woman. "You forget that I could cut our business deal off anytime I want," I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You're boring Barrett, a real killjoy." Damian sighed before heading of the spiraling staircase before turning around and motioning for me to follow.

"Here's your room Miss. Barrett, and my door is always open." He whispered from behind me before walking towards to double doors which I assumed to be the master bedroom.

After washing my face of makeup and changing into the borrowed pair of clothes I finally was able to fall asleep.

'Note to self, Lola owes me . . . big time.'