Status: I know Tyler Seguin got traded to the Dallas Stars, but I started this fanfic before it was announced. In my story, he will still play as a Bruin.

Becoming Mrs. Seguin

Chapter 18- New Beginning

Christine's POV

I felt something wet against my cheek the next morning, causing me to shift my body to the other side. The thing was, I couldn't move because something heavy rested on top of me. What in the world? My eyes fluttered open to see a huge dog staring straight at me.

I screamed at the top of my lungs, but then suddenly realized that it was just Marshall. I had forgotten that I was over at Tyler's. Speaking of Tyler, did he even come home last night? At that moment, I heard a door open and then footsteps rushing towards me. It was Tyler. And he did not look too well.

"Are you ok?! What happened?", he asked frantically.

"I just got freaked out when I saw Marshall on top of me. Sorry if I woke you up," I explained.

"That's ok. I was just going to-".

Tyler paused and just stood there, clutching his stomach. Sweat began to form on his forehead as he dashed to the bathroom. The next thing I knew, he was vomiting into the toilet. My face scrunched up at the sound of it. Tyler must've had a pretty bad hangover.

I decided to go to the kitchen to see if there was anything to eat for breakfast. Freddy finally woke up and came out of his bedroom. He looked at the closed bathroom door and shook his head, knowing all too well what his roommate was doing in there.

"You see what I have to put up with everyday?", he said in an irritated tone, walking over to me.

"Oh come on, he can't be that bad," I replied lightly, defending Tyler.

"Well, most of the time. I'm Freddy Bender by the way. You must be Christine, right?", he asked.

"Yup. It's nice to finally meet you, Freddy," I said with a smile.

As we were making pancakes, I got to know Freddy better. He was a hockey player for Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston. His other hobbies included the guitar and singing. I was surprised when he told me that he didn't have a girlfriend. In the end, it was because he wanted to wait until he found the right girl.

"You know Ty has a thing for you, right?", he remarked with a grin.

"We're just friends," I replied, slightly blushing.

While Freddy and I were eating, Tyler showed up in a pair of khaki shorts and a dark gray tshirt. Taking a shower sure made him look a lot better than he did a while ago. The stubble from his chin had been shaved off, too. Freddy went to go shower after he had finished his food, leaving me alone with Tyler.

The both of us ate in silence and then Tyler offered to wash the dishes. I had no idea why he was being all quiet this morning. Once Freddy finished using the bathroom, I went to shower, putting on a coral-colored summer dress afterwards. My hair was up in a French braid with a thin silver headband.

Freddy had already left and Tyler was sitting on the couch watching TV with Marshall when I came out. He scooted over to make room for me and I sat down next to him. Why wasn't Tyler talking to me? I was about to ask him what was going on when he finally spoke.

"Christine, you have no idea how sorry I am about what happened last night. I know you're really mad and-".

"Tyler, it's ok. I'm not mad," I quickly interrupted. He gave me an inquisitive look.

"You're not?"

"No. To be honest, I thought the whole situation was just plain funny. Growing up with the captain of the football team as my older brother, I got used to seeing guys get drunk. They end up doing crazy things without even knowing it. You never meant to do what you did. It was just the alcohol," I told him.

"But you seemed pretty mad when you left the club," Tyler remarked, raising an eyebrow.

"The only thing that made me angry was seeing you make out with that blonde puck slut," I admitted, feeling my temper rise. To my surprise, Tyler started to laugh. What was so funny?

"Were you jealous of Melissa?", he teased.

"I was not! I just don't get how you have the nerve to make out with someone when you don't even know who they are," I snapped.

"Like you said, alcohol makes us guys do crazy things," he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and then Tyler started tickling me.

"Stop it!", I giggled, grabbing a pillow to shield myself.

We both ended up falling off the couch, with me on top of Tyler. It was quite awkward, especially since Marshall's eyes were on us the whole time. I quickly got up and straightened out my dress. Tyler suggested we take Marshall out for a walk in the park, which I thought was a lovely idea. I decided to pack us some lunch too in case we got hungry.

"That dress looks cute on you," Tyler complimented as we were driving to Franklin Park. Marshall let out a bark. "See, even my dog agrees."

"Thanks," I said, smiling at him, then I looked back at Marshall. "You look great yourself, boy."

When we got to the park, several other people were there. Most of them had barbecues set up while others played golf. The weather was absolutely gorgeous today, without a cloud in sight. Tyler and I walked Marshall along the park trails, occasionally stopping for him to sign some autographs.

After about an hour, we both got hungry so we decided to head on down to the pond to eat our lunch, which consisted of turkey sandwiches, potato salad, grapes, chips, and cookies. Tyler's phone started ringing while he was finishing his sandwich. He got up and went to answer it.

"I was talking to Milan. He wants us to come over to his house for dinner tonight," Tyler said when he came back.

"That's so nice of him. Did he invite anyone else?", I asked.

"Nope, just us," Tyler replied with a grin.

***

After Tyler had finished showing me around Boston Harbor, we headed to Milan's house, which was located on the other end of the city. His wife opened the door for us when we got there. She had a warm smile on her face and she gave me a hug.

"Wow, Milan was right. You are very pretty. I'm Brittany. Come on in," she said. Brittany gave me a tour of the house while Tyler went to look for Milan outside.

"Don't you have a daughter?", I asked her when we got to the second floor.

"We do, but she's asleep right now," she replied.

We joined the guys out in the backyard for dinner afterwards. I mostly talked to Brittany the whole time. She had prepared a huge meal for us, including cheesecake for dessert. Milan sure was lucky to marry a woman like her.

"Tell me, are you and Tyler dating?", Brittany asked while the both of us were washing the dishes.

"Oh no. He's just showing me around since I just moved here," I said.

"He sure likes you, though. I can tell by the way he looks at you," Brittany remarked.

It was soon getting late so Tyler and I decided to leave. We thanked Milan and his wife for having us over and then drove back to Tyler's. I nearly fell asleep in the car until Marshall's bark woke me up. That dog sure was something. I changed into a tshirt and shorts when we got home, then headed out to the couch, only to find Tyler making himself comfortable there.

"You can sleep in my bedroom. I'll just take the couch," he declared.

"Thanks for the offer, but I actually want the couch. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get some sleep."

Tyler just laid there and wouldn't move. I was beginning to get really impatient with him and was about to walk off to his bedroom when he grabbed my arm, pulling me down on top of him.

"Jesus, what was that for?!", I exclaimed.

I turned my body around to face him and looked into his brown eyes, which were lit up in amusement. I swear, I could stare at Tyler all day. He brushed a stray piece of hair from my face and opened his mouth to say something. I instantly felt a jolt rush throughout my body at his slight touch. Tyler's face suddenly grew serious as he began to speak.

"Christine, there's something I've been wanting to tell you. Ever since we met, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I thought that night at the game would be the last time I ever saw you. Brad and the other guys kept telling me that I'd find someone else, but you're the only one I want to be with. You have no idea how happy I was when we ran into each other at the beach."

I remained motionless on top of Tyler's body as I took in every single word he just said. I knew this would happen sooner or later. It was just a matter of when. I got off of Tyler and we both sat up. It took me a while to be able to put what I wanted to say into words. This time, I would be honest with him like he had been with me.

"I'd be lying if I told you that I didn't feel the same way. It's just, I'm afraid of falling for someone only to have them hurt me in the end, you know?", I said quietly.

Tears began to fall down my cheeks and I turned my head the other way so that Tyler couldn't see me crying. Instead, he pulled me close to him and tilted my face up so that I was looking straight into his eyes.

"Christine, listen to me. You are the funniest, smartest, most beautiful girl I've ever met, and you've got a personality like none other. If your ex-boyfriend wasn't able to see that, then he didn't deserve you," Tyler asserted.

"But I thought you've always wanted to live the single life," I remarked.

"I did until I met you. Christine, don't you see why we keep running into each other? It's because we're meant to be together," Tyler replied with certainty. He continued. "I know the last thing you want right now is a relationship, but I'm not giving up on you."

I had no idea Tyler felt this way about me. The words my mom had said to me back at the airport rang in my head. Would I be willing to have a new beginning with Tyler? He by far was the greatest guy I've ever met and nothing made me happier than being with him. I mean, what were the chances I'd find someone else like him in my life? I finally decided it was time I moved on from the past and open my heart up to Tyler.

"Well, you don't have to wait anymore," I spoke after moments of silence. Tyler's face instantly lit up.

"Wait, are you saying that you'll be my girlfriend?", he quickly asked.

I nodded my head and Tyler smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen. He gave me a huge hug and we just stayed like that until he finally pulled away to look at me.

"Christine, I promise to never hurt you. From now on, you'll be the only girl in my life. You trust me, right?," he said, his deep brown eyes penetrating through mine.

"Of course I do," I replied with a smile.

The both of us ended up falling asleep on the couch with our arms wrapped around each other. I never would've ever imagined being in this position just a couple of years ago. Who knew that I'd end up becoming the girlfriend of Tyler Seguin after moving to Boston? I had no idea what this relationship had in store for us, but I was willing to face it all, as long as we were together.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N- Yay, Christine and Tyler are finally a couple! He better not break her heart like Karl did. You never know though...Anyways, I won't be updating until I get back home in the middle of August. In the meantime, I hope you guys are having a great summer(: