Status: Active

You Are Magnificent and I Am Sorry!

Chapter 1

August 30th, my trunk was pack and I was getting ready to go to the Burrow for the remainder of my summer Holidays. The boys had been off to Egypt and I had spent my summer holidays between Ireland and France. Since being sorted into Gryffindor my curiosity took over, the sorting hat claimed I was ‘more like my father’ a man I had never known or spent any time with, my mother got moody when I brought him up and my Grandmother wouldn’t tell me anything for fear of my mother’s reaction. Of course my mother had enough of my questions and apparently the shame of me being sorted into Gryffindor was too much for her to handle and I moved in with my Grandmother the summer after my first year. Ever since that I would spend half my summer with her in Ireland and half my summer with the Weasley family at the Burrow. This year our families had decided that this year was appropriate for family Holidays. So my mother took me off to France in an attempt to ‘maintain a relationship’ and the twins went off to Egypt.

I dragged a hand through the mess of ginger hair that was my own and stood up, making quick mental notes and making sure everything was packed up; I grabbed my wand off the bedside table and stuck into my boots. I lifted my trunk by one handle and dragged down stairs across the clean beige carpet. I set the trunk by the fireplace in the living room and called out for my grandmother. She waddled into the room and smiled.

“All ready to go my dear? You positive you have absolutely everything?” She asked smiling her face creasing and winkling or showing her age of lines of wisdom as she called them.

I nodded in confirmation and hugged her. “I will of course be home for Christmas and will write every week” I confirmed for her before she asked. She shooed me in the direction of our fireplace and I got inside. With a flick of her wand my trunk was in the extra wide fireplace beside me. I took a handle in one hand and a handful of floo powder that my grandmother was offering in my other. I smiled and threw the powder into the small flames and confidently spoke the words “The Burrow!”

I kept my elbows tucked by my side and tried to keep a tight grip on my trunk. I felt sick I was being spun around and around to the point where I began to think that I was in fact going to arrive at the Weasley residence covered in my own vomit. Before I had any more time to think I crashed into the fireplace of the Weasley Family. I crawled out of the fire place and looked around. Mrs Weasley stood in front of me a huge smile adorned on her face.

“Rhiannon my dear welcome, leave your trunk I will get it to Ginny’s room just get yourself cleaned up. You look peaky dear it’s almost lunch don’t worry we will fix that right up then.” She babbled and I felt my heart warm. The woman had become like a mother to me in the few years I had known her and sent Birthday and Christmas presents every year.

“Thank you Mrs...” I started but was cut off

“Molly, my dear we have been over this.” She cut me off and shooed me toward the bathroom.

I quickly splashed some water over my face and washed up and went back into the kitchen to find Molly setting the table with glasses, plates and napkins.

“Mrs... Sorry Molly would you like some help?” I enquired and watched as she smiled,

“Call the boy’s and Ginny in dear, I suspect they will be starving, you know where they’re at”

I walked out to the garden to find Fred, George, Ron and Ginny tossing Garden Gnomes at targets they had set up not far from the house. I pulled myself onto the wall and watched for a few seconds before coughing and making my presence known.

“Lunch is ready is anyone’s interested?” I announced.

I watched as the four heads turned and I was suddenly lifted into the air and spun around.

“FRED GIDEON WEASLEY YOU PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT!! PUT ME DOWN!!” I screeched and was dropped onto the grass. I moaned in pain and glared up at the one half of the red haired duo. He offered his out reached hand and I ignored it, getting up by myself and sticking my tongue out in response. George enveloped me in a normal hug and we headed back toward the house. We chatted about mindless things such as their recent trip to Egypt, my recent trip to France and what the New Year would in fact bring. We chatted the whole way up to the house, where Molly had set the table with piles of sandwiches, pumpkin juice and a few biscuits. We dug in and before we knew it the plates were empty. Percy came trotting down the stairs looking less than happy.

“What’s wrong Percy, girlfriend not writing back quick enough?” George joked.

Percy sent him an icy cold stare as a reply, lifted a plate that had been set aside for him and waltz back up the stairs.

“Well someone’s in a good mood” George laughed.

The five of us excused ourselves from the table and made our way up to Ginny’s room, where we planned to sit and talk before dinner. Tomorrow we would go to the Leaky Caldron and get Harry, and then it was off to Hogwarts for another exciting year of mischief and magic.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter, leave me a comment let me know how you feel about this story and if there's anything I could do to improve.

Love
Puddin'