Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

EIGHTEEN

I love it when the weather starts to warm up but I will always love winter more than anything. I take in the beautiful weather as I step out of my car and head to my first of two classes today. Sitting through one class was fine but as I take my seat in the next and Jeffrey sits next to me, the class doesn't seem quite as boring.
"What's up Gaglardi? How was your Sunday?" He ask as the class ends.
"It was good. Tyler got home and then we just had a night in with Marshall." I tell him and he raises an eyebrow. "Oh Marshall is our dog." I tell him and he nods.
"'our' dog? or his dog?" He ask with a small laugh and I shrug.
"I'm there more than Tyler is. I'm not sure Marshall knows who he belongs to." I say with a small laugh and he nods.
"You seem to really like him." He comments and I nod.
"I love him."
"He seems like a nice guy." Jeffrey scoffs and it causes me to shoot him a glare.
"Excuse me?"
"Alice, I just mean it's Tyler Seguin! Come on Al…"
"And what? I'm suppose to just think you know everything?"
"Well I know how guys think.. especially hockey players."
"Jeffrey drop it! Tyler is my boyfriend and you are my friend and I don't appreciate you saying negative things about him. So Don't." I snap and he throws his hands up in defense.
"Wow! Alice! My bad, I'm sorry." He says and I nod. "Look, you wanna grab lunch?" He ask and pockets his hands.
"I'm sorry Jeffrey. The Stars have a game tonight and I'm meeting the girls to go shopping for Tyler's birthday.. So uh I'll see you Thursday."
"Wait.." He stops me and I turn around, "What are you doing tomorrow? Maybe we could hang out?"
"Uhm.. Jeffrey I'm going to be honest. I don't think Tyler would really like me hanging out with you all that much and I don't blame him. You're a really nice guy and I know you mean well but as a girlfriend, I need to respect my boyfriend." I tell him and he nods
"I understand. Tyler is a lucky guy Alice, Uhm.. I'll see you later." He says and I nod in agreement.
"I still want to be friends Jeffrey." I tell him and he nods.
"Alice I wasn't trying to hit on you. You are a great girl and It was just nice being able to hang out with a girl who didn't want to sleep with me and I could actually have a conversation with… I'm sorry you thought that i.."
"Oh my god Jeffrey! I'm sorry! I totally took it the wrong way." I close my eyes and take in a deep breath. "Jeff I…"
"Alice its fine!' He laughs lightly. "No worries! I understand where you are coming from but I just like you as a friend." He tells me and I feel so awful that I thought differently.
"Well uhm Yeah maybe we can rain check that lunch then?" I ask with a smile and he grins.
"Sounds good. I'll see you later Alice." He waves as he walks away and I let out a reassured sigh. How could I have thought he liked me I mean… wow I feel like an idiot. I call Caroline as I get in my car.
"Hey Sugar! Me and Rachelle are already at the mall. Meet us by the Macys." She says quickly before I hang up.
I head into the mall through the Macys and spot the girls looking at purses. "Do you girls want to head to the Louis Vuitton store?" I ask and they look at me surprised.
"I thought we were shopping for Tyler?" Rachelle ask with a smirk and I shrug.
"Eh, Tyler would want me happy, right?" I ask with a wink and we head to the Louis Vuitton store on the second story of the mall.
"Oh my god! Alice! Look at this one." Caroline picks up the purse and shows it to me.
"Oh wow…" I comment as I walk over to her.
"You should get it Alice." Rachelle says and nods at me as I look at her for confirmation.
"I think I will." I say with a smile and carry the new purse over to the cash register.
"So what's your new paycheck gonna look like?" Caroline ask with a smirk on her face.
"Well, it won't be like Tyler's but I'll be able to take my sister in law shopping and still afford my car." I joke and she raises an eye brow as I swipe my card.
"Your sister in law, Huh?" I look at her and roll my eyes.
"Caroline you know what I mean! Candace is coming to the University of Dallas next year. I plan on taking advantage of that."
"Oh I'm sure you do. You fit into that perfect little family image."
"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" I look at Rachelle.
"Just that I think you guys are really cute together. I also think it's cute how you and his sisters get along together."
I shrug but nod as we walk out of the store.
"So what are you getting Tyler for his birthday?"
"Gosh I have no idea… It's so hard shopping for him. Everything he wants he just goes off and buys it himself." I admit and they nod in agreement.
"Has he hinted at anything?"
"No. I ask him what he wants for his birthday and all he ever says is just, 'all I want for my birthday if you and dinner.' What the hell am I suppose to do with that?" I ask and sigh in frustration.
"Oh… I have a couple ideas." Caroline says with a wink as she drags me into the Victoria Secret.

"Come on Tyler! Skate!" I yell as he gets the puck and heads down the rink with it he passes it to Jamie who then passes it back to Tyler who scores the goal tying the game at 2 with 30 seconds left in the third. The ending game buzzard rings out and the boys clear the ice as we get ready to head into OT.
"Oh my god what a great goal." Caroline says next to me and I look at my phone to see that Candace is calling so I excuse myself from the box and walk out to the hall way.
"Hey Candace! You watching the game?"
"Yes! Oh my gosh! Tyler's goal was BEAUTIFUL!" she says excitedly over the phone. "Hey I was wondering if you had told Tyler about me moving yet?"
"Nope. I promised I would let you tell him."
"Ok well… mom told me about the surprise party you have planned for him that Saturday night so… I wanted to tell him at the party. Do you think that's a good idea?"
"Candace! I think that's a great idea! Oh my gosh I have been waiting for you to tell him, he is going to be so thrilled." I tell her, I'm so anxious for Tyler to know because I know how happy he is truly going to be.
"Well I am just glad that you and Tyler fixed that problem. I can't imagine him with anyone else Alice. I can't imagine anyone else being my older sister." Her voice holds complete sincerity and it touches my heart. I loves this girl. I have only met her once but I love her as a sister and I would protect her no matter what.
"Candace, I'm glad too. I love your brother so much and I am so excited that you are going to be living here with us next year. I'm looking forward to being able to be a big sister." I tell her with a smile on my face.
"Just four more months and I'll be there."
"You're going to spend the summer here?"
"Yeah I was thinking about it."
"I think that's idea!" I tell her and she laughs.
"Well I'll let you go Alice. Can't wait to see you next week." She says before hanging up and I go back into the box just in time for OT to start and Antoine to get the winning goal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you think!!!!!

Her outfit: http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/jorij/18_zpscf8dc429.jpg