Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

TWENTYTHREE

Caroline's POV

I didn't know what to do. I mean I got her to eat, but never enough. But would anything be enough at this point. She told me what Tyler has said during the fight and I'm pretty sure I will kill him when I see him. She doesn't look good at all, and I mean that in the nicest way possible because let's be honest, Alice is a beautiful girl! But she is thin. More than thin than the last time we went through this. Some people get angry, some people binge eat, some people don't eat at all. Everyone was different but I really wanted to help her.
"Come on. Get a shower and get up. You are going to the game tonight." I tell her and she sends me a sad glance from the couch. "Alice! You have to go. Seriously. Go get in the shower and when you get out, I will have a surprise for you." I try to bribe her and apparently it works because she heads into the bathroom. I wait until I hear the shower running to pick up my phone and send the text and not even three minutes later I open the door for him to come in. "I'm glad you're here. You're the only one I could really think of calling. I'm glad you guys had a four day break."
"I glad to. I hate she go through this. When I see Tyler. I kill! He lucky we not play." Evgeni Malkin says and I nod at the Russian giant, understanding completely where he is coming from. I knew that if anyone could cheer her up, it would Geno.
"Yeah well… She really needs you. I can tell. She just looks so… she looks like a zombie. I'm warning you." I tell him and he accepts it. The shower turns off and after about 15 minutes she comes out, ready for the game, if you could say that. She sees Evgeni and instantly the tears start streaming down her cheeks as she runs into his arms. Geno easily picks up his best friends like a baby and sits on the couch, cradling her into his chest as she cries. He starts whispering things in Russian and even though she doesn't know what it means, it seems to calm her down.
"Evgeni I feel so.. so hurt. Why wasn't I good enough?" My heart breaks when I hear her say that to him and I see the sadness in his eyes.
"You to good and he know that. He idiot Alice. You too good for him." He holds her close until she becomes more stable. "Come. We need get dinner and go to game." He says and she just nods. He puts an arm around her shoulder and we head out to my car. Once at the restaurant, we order and Evgeni doesn't seem to happy with Alice's order of steamed vegetables. "You need to eat Alice!" He tells her but she has no fight left. No fight once so ever.

Evgeni Malkin's POV.

After I left Alice with Caroline in the box I decided I needed to have a little word with Seguin so I headed down to the locker room. I walk in and the guys look at me shocked. Tyler looks lost and little pale.
"We need talk. Now!" I tell him and he follows me into the hall ways.
"Look Evgeni, before you say anything. I know I screwed up and I'm going to try and fix it…"
"No! You not know! You not see her waste away! She give up and she ask why she's not enough! Did you know that? Have you seen since fight?" I ask and he shakes his head and his eyes gloss over, now on the brink of tears. "She too thin! If she not bring weight up, Caroline take her to hospital. What did you say?" I ask him and he now the tears fall when I mention her in a hospital.
"I… I told her to eat a big mac." He says and I can't help the anger that boils over as I start to see red. Before I realize what I'm doing, I have him shoved up against the wall. I give him one good shove before letting him slide to the ground and his hands go his face and he tries to hide the tears.
"You love her?" I ask.
"More than anything." He says and looks up at me. I have never seen Tyler so vulnerable but I believed that he loved her and I know that Alice loves him with everything she has. They aren't you're ordinary couple. What they have is or was real love… not everyone finds that, let alone this young. They need each other.
"Then you fix problem! I not know what you do but you fix it! You beg on knees if you have to!"

Tyler's POV

Coach realized right away that trying to have me play would only end badly, so he benched me for the entire game and for some reason, I was ok with that. The second the game ended I changed got the hell out of there. Once again I tried her cell, but that went straight to voice mail. I had to make this better no matter what it took I needed to get her back. I drive to Caroline because I know that's where she would be. That has to be the place she would go. I run up the steps of the apartment and knock on the door. When it opens I see a very pissed off Caroline and palm of her hand as she slaps me as hard as she can.
"Do you have any idea what you have done?! Do you realize the damage you caused?" She ask me and I give her a slight nod.
"Please Caroline can I see her? Please… I need to make this right." I beg and she only steps out of the way to let me in. I walk through the entry way and into the small living room where I see Evgeni holding a tiny Alice in his arms and against his chest as she stares into space. What have I done? She looks as bad as I feel. She is tiny and has possibly lost ten pounds over the weekend. Her skin is pale and even her hair looks more dull in color. Caroline closes the door behind me and Alice looks up, her eyes meet mine and silent tears come down my cheeks as I rush over to her. Evgeni moves so she sitting by herself and he walks over to stand by Caroline as I kneel by the couch. "Alice, I'm so sorry. I know I can't take it back but please… I will do anything for you to forgive me." I tell her but nothing changes. Her eyes don't tear up, she doesn't even flinch. "Alice please tell me what I can do to make it up to you… I'll do anything."
"Why?" I hear her voice and even that sounds so weak.
"Because I love you!" I tell her but she doesn't take it.
"If you love someone, you don't stick your tongue down someone else's throat. You don’t dance on bars with Puck Bunnies." She says and then she finally sits up and I'm shocked when I get a good look at her at how thin she is. "You proved every single one of them right. They all said you would cheat on me and you did. How do you feel about that Tyler?" She ask and stands up so I stand up with her. "Did you have fun?" She ask and I don't even know what to. Alice shows no emotional once so ever and I don't know how to reach her.
"Alice I swear to god! I love you more than anything! Please! Please just tell me how to make it better!" Tears stream down my cheeks and her eyes finally soften.
"Will you ever cheat on me again?"
"No! God Alice no! I won't even look at another girl! I swear! Alice you're the girl I want to marry! I want to spend forever with you!" I can't take it. I can't take the feeling that I just ruined the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm not sure how but I end up on the ground sobbing. I feel her hand on my back as she kneels next to me.
"Don't give me a reason to regret this Tyler. I don't know why… But I'll give you a second chance. Just one more chance." She says and I look at her in disbelief.
"Oh Alice." I pull her into me and she wraps her arms around my neck. "I love you Alice! I love you so much! I promise I will never do anything so stupid again! I'm so sorry."
"I love you to Tyler… and I mean it… don't you ever make me feel like this again." She looks me in the eye and I know she means it.. I have one chance and one chance only. I'm not going to screw up again. I won't. I can't. Alice Marie Gaglardi is part of me. I need her and she needs me. We make each other whole.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm writing this half asleep but i hope you like it. I know alot of you were worried they wouldn't make up but they did... How ever Alice is going to take a stand from now on... She isn't going to be quite the push over she was before....

I really need some feedback! Also check out my new story 'I Am What I Am' and let me know what you think!!!!