Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

THIRTYFIVE

"You're sure you have everything?" Tyler ask me and I nod with a smile on my face as we pull up to the terminal. "Alice, I'm going to miss you. So much." He pulls me into a tight hug and I return it.
"I'll miss you to Tyler. I'll be back before you know it."
"Good! Candace gets here this week so she will be here by the time you get home." I kiss him and hug him one last time.
"I love you."
"I love you Alice."
"Alice!" We turn and I smile when I see Evgeni walking over to us. He hugs me quickly before shaking Tyler's hand. "I take best care. I promise."
"I know you will man. You two have fun." Tyler kisses me once more before getting back in the car and driving away. I hug Evgeni again and he lifts me off the ground.
"You ready?" He ask and when I nod he grabs my large suit case and we go over to the ticket counter so I can check in and check my bag. "Big bag. You bring to much stuff."
"Ev! I do not! I need it all! I swear!" I argue but he just shakes his head as I have to pay an overweight fee for my bag. We make it through security and get up to the terminal together. "How was your flight from Pittsburgh?" I ask as we get in line at Starbucks so I can get a dose of my addiction.
"Eh. It's ok. Some weird girl all she do is talk and I not like." He says and shakes his head. I can't help but laugh. I link my arm through his and lean my head on his shoulder. "Mama not wait to see you. She say she make all your favorite foods." I rub my belly and smile up at him.
"I love Mama." I tell him and he laughs and shakes his head lightly. "Can I get a Venti Iced Vanilla Chai Tea Latte." I tell the lady behind the counter and swipe my card quickly.
"You need stop drink…" I shoot my glare up at him and he smiles and shuts up, holding his hands up in defeat. "I kid! I kid!" I get my drink and we get over to our gate in time to board the plane. We get our first class seats and I smile. I loved first class. I love the personal space you still get and the full recline seats and I liked how they were put in two so Evgeni and I had our own little space without the whole cabin watching our every move. Since I gained my trust fund I noticed I was popping up in the media a little more often and I'm not sure how I like that.

"What you think about?" I look over at Evgeni who looks like he is drifting off, 4 hours into our 12 hour flight.
"Oh just how excited I am to get away from everything… It’s a much needed break."
"Not everything fixed after last fight?" He ask and I shake my head. Evgeni knew everything because I told him everything. The same way he tells me everything.
"No it's all fine now. It's just, I've been working so much, especially with the drafts coming up. I'm gone a lot and I don't think Tyler likes it at all. He hasn't exactly said so but it's kind of obvious."
"Tyler loves you. Maybe week away will make tension better, Da?"
"Da. Maybe" Oh no, now it starts. This happens every year. I always start using my Russian and then it totally sticks once I get home. I know Russian pretty fluently actually it's something not many people know, actually I don't think Tyler even knows. I took Russian throughout high school for my language and then once I met Evgeni and we got really close I decided to take it in college.
"Oh now I get to hear favorite Russian from favorite girl." He nudges me and it causes me to laugh. This was a well needed trip and I think it's going to be perfect.

"О, моя милая девушка!" Natalia pulls me into a hug once we enter the house and Vladimir is soon to follow.
"We tell Geno he bring sooner, but he not listen." I smile up at my second father figure before Denis runs into the living room. Denis is 28 and he is quite the character and I care about him and Evgeni's parents very much. They have always treated me like family.
"So glad finally here. I know you miss big brother." Denis pulls me into a tight hug, lifting me off the ground and spinning around before Evgeni pulls me away from him but doesn’t set me on my feet.
"Я могу ходить, я знаю!" I tell him I can walk and he gives me an apologetic smile before setting me back down on my own two feet.
"Приходите! Алиса, я сделал ваш любимый!" Natalia leads me to the kitchen after she explains how she made my favorite foods and as my stomach rumbles the Malkin clan all give me big smiles and lead me to the food.

"We go out! We have fun!" Denis grabs my hand and leads me to the front door with Evgeni on my heal and I look to him for clarification.
"I think we have fun!" Evgeni opens the door to Denis' car for me and before I know it we are in the middle of the Russian nightlife.
"Drink! You relax!" Evgeni hands me some kind of mix drink that he gets from the bar and I take a long drink and smile with satisfaction. "Is good Da?" He ask and I nod.
"Its great!" I say as I down the rest of the drink.
"You need slow. We not want drunk white girl." Denis teases but just receives a glaring look from me.
"You not tell her what to do! I watch her. She be fine" Evgeni tells Denis who shrugs and turns to go to the dance floor. "You have best trip yet. I promise." He tells me and I nod in agreement.

Stumbling through the Malkin's front door is not a new experience for the three of us, but that doesn't stop it from being funny. I fall on the stairs and can't help but laugh. Evgeni and Denis laugh at my expense while I try to crawl up the stairs. Finally Evgeni pulls me up and onto my feet and helps carry me into the guest bedroom. My laughter doesn’t stop as he helps me change into my sleeping shorts and one of his shirts. There is nothing sexual about it because he is like my brother so it isn't weird for us at all, it's just normal. He helps me into bed and kisses my forehead quickly before leaving me to pass out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love your feedback or thoughts on what should happen on the trip with geno. I will be living in hotels for the next 2-3 weeks as i drive across the country so please please please bare with me because i won't be able to upload all the time. hope you like it.