Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

THIRTYNINE

"I still can't believe these dorms are co-ed. Remind me again how Tyler feels about this?" I ask Candace as I help her move her things into her dorm room on the third floor of one of the better dorm buildings.
"He doesn't know." She says with a small laugh and I roll my eyes, Tyler was going to figure it out sooner or later and it was going to be funny when he did.
"You must be Candace! I'm Kelly, your roommate." A petite girl with short brown hair shook Candace's hand and then mine.
"Hey Kelly, this is my soon to be sister-in-law Alice."
"Nice to meet you booth! Do you need help unloading your things?" She ask looking back and forth at Candace and me, she was a perky little thing but I could tell right away that they would get along great.
"Well we have to make a trip to my house to pick her things up. If you're all settled in, you're more than welcome to join us. We will probably grab lunch after words, I think her brother is suppose to be joining us later." I offer her and she smiles and nods.
"Sounds great!" She says. We walk down to Tyler's Range Rover and grab one more trip worth of stuff to carry up to their room.
"Wow! Nice car!" She looks over it before following us back inside with her arms full.
"Thanks. It's my fiancé's."
"Wow.. it's beautiful."
"Yeah Alice's is nicer though. She has the new Jaguar XJ." Candace smirks when Kelly's eyes light up.
"Wow. That's like my dream car."
"I tell you what. I'll take you in it sometime." I joke and she nods.
We drive back to my house and Kelly follows us in and to the living room where Candace's things were stacked to load. She still has a room her with another bed set and a few things in the bathroom that would stay for the nights she wanted to spend here. I see Tyler's other car pull into the garage with Cody and Brenden behind him. This should be good, I think to myself as Tyler, Lane, Cody and Brenden walk in the door.
"You could have showed up an hour ago." I tease them as Tyler gives me a hello kiss before walking past us and further into the living room so I can greet the other boys. I see Lane give Candace a hug and can't help but smile to myself. If she was going to date anyone I was hoping it would be him, although I had a feeling that wasn't going to happen.
"You said you had it under control babe." Tyler says and throws an arm around my shoulder.
"Guys this is my roommate Kelly. Kelly this is my brother Tyler, Alice's fiancé, that's Lane and Cody and Brenden." Candace introduces her new friend to the guys and they all shake her hand.
"Ok well I really don't like the idea of everyone in the building knowing Candace has an NHL brother so we need to make one more trip and then we will meet you all at…"
"Texas Roadhouse!" Brenden calls out and I roll my eyes.
"You're original Brenden." Tyler says with sarcasm in his voice.
"Why don't you want anyone to know?" Kelly ask and we all look at her.
"Because I don't like the idea of a bunch of stupid bitches trying to take advantage of my sister." I say seriously because I meant it. God didn't give me a little sister so he blessed me with Candace and Cassidy and I would be damned if some little bitches hurt her or used her. After forgetting everything, I take a lot more care of the people I love.
"Ohh psycho big sister syndrome is kicking in!" Lane jokes and we all laugh.
"I wouldn't change you for the world Alice!" Candace says we hug tightly.
"Ok I'll call you when we are done at the dorm and we will grab lunch." I kiss Tyler quickly and us girls head back to the campus and start unloading.
"Do you girls need some help?" We were facing the car so we turn around are greeted by four tall and handsome guys. It was obvious summer had treated them well with their toned and sun kissed bodies. A blonde, brunette and two boys with darker hair, all four Hollister model worthy.
"Sure thanks." Candace answers and I get another chance to roll my eyes at the teenage girls' hormones. Don't get me wrong, the boys are obviously gorgeous and at least sophomores, but ever since I got my memory back, Tyler and I have been more attached than ever, some people may consider it unhealthy, but you try losing the love of your life and being able to get them back. You learn to not take anything for granted. The guys walk over and us girls didn't have to carry thing as the boys filled up their arms. "Where to beautiful?" The brunette guy ask Candace I see her practically faint as she blushes three shades of red. Another eye roll is earned. I seem to be doing a lot of this lately.
Candace leads the way with the Brunette and the Black haired boys talk to Kelly as they walk behind and I'm next to Blondie.
"Do you go here?" He ask and I shake my head.
"No, I graduated last May."
"Oh congrats! What do you do now?"
"I'm the head of Player Management and Scouting for the Dallas Stars."
"No way!" He looks at me impressed, "That's a pretty important job. How did you score that?"
"I went to school and impressed a lot of important people and I have a lot of natural talent."
"Ah I see." He says and the boys set the stuff in the girls room. "I'm Austen."
"Alice." I shake his hand and he looks me over.
"Alice, like Alice in wonderland?"
"One in the same." I smile at him and he backs up a step as Candace walks over.
"I'm Candace, Alice is my soon to be sister-in-law." She introduces herself and I see the boys' eyes go to my left hand which is on my hip. I smirk to myself when their eyes go wide but they try to cover the shocked looks on their faces.
"Ok girls, I'm sure you will see these kind boys later. We have lunch to get to." I tell them and they say by the boys and giggle as we walk down the stairs.
"Oh my god Carter is so cute!" Candace gushes and I laugh at her.
"Carter?"
"Yes, the extremely good looking brunette." Candace clarifies and we get into the car.
"Ha ha try to control your hormones at lunch. I don't need your brother freaking out." I say, "Call him for me and let him know we are leaving." I tell her and she pulls out her phone to call Tyler.
"Yeah, we are on our way. Ok see you soon." She hangs up and gives me a cheesy grin. "He says he loves you Alice." She says and I just smile.
"You two must be really in love. By the way you look at each other, its so sweet." Kelly says and I can't help but grin.
"Yeah, I guess you could say they are pretty head over heels in love." Candace answers with a big smile on her face as she looks at me.
"What about you Kelly? Any college boys spark your interest?"
"To many to count." She says and we all laugh. I would be ok with this girl hanging around.
"Oh I need to borrow the car this weekend."
"Why?" I ask Candace.
"I have birthday shopping to do." She says winking at me. I would be 22 in a month and I guess she didn't want to wait till the last minute."
"Candace you really don't have to get me a thing."
"But I already know what I'm getting! So you will just have to deal with it." She sticks out her tongue and I just shake my head, a smile clear on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
please leave your thoughts:) i would really appreciate it!