Status: Complete

Battle to the Sykes

The Calm Before The Oliver Sykes

Shae and Hannah have been on the road with Cinnamon for almost a week.

“Hopefully we can make it to my place by tonight,” says Cinnamon.

Hannah nods. She’s sure that she and Shae have now taken out enough fangirls to claim Oliver as their own. At this point, fangirls mostly seem scared of them.

Shae is sitting in the front seat next to Cinnamon. “Where are we going to go from there?” he asks. “How are we going to get to Oliver?”

Cinnamon smiles proudly.

“What?” questions Shae.

“I did it, guys. I got you a flight to London Heathrow. A private jet.”

Hannah leans forward suddenly to join the conversation. “What?!” she exclaims.

Cinnamon smiles again. “I know a guy, we went to school together. He’s brilliant, always has been and of course now he’s doing big things. I called in a favour. The plane leaves in three days. You guys are going to get to Oliver. I’m making sure of that.”

Shae very nearly cries with joy. He’s going to get to Oliver. He undoes his seatbelt and climbs into the row behind, hugging Hannah in excitement.

Hannah hugs Shae back, tightly. She hears Cinnamon laugh.

“Thank you,” says Hannah, as she pulls away from Shae. She is more grateful that she has ever been for anything in her life.

“Yeah, thank you so much,” adds Shae.

“You're welcome, kids."

--
As night falls Cinnamon pulls into what looks like the cheap side of a suburban area. “We’re nearly there,” he says.

Shae looks out the window, the area isn’t great but it’s the kind of place Shae can see Cinnamon living.

Shortly after they pull into the driveway of a small house. “It’s not much,” mumbles Cinnamon as he parks the van. The three get out.

“After everything you’ve done for us we’re in no position to be judging you,” says Hannah.

Shae and Hannah get their backpacks from the car and Cinnamon unlocks the door letting them in. The house isn't well decorated or clean but it’s cosy.

“Living room is there,” says Cinnamon, pointing to the right. “Kitchen is there,” he signals in front of them. “Bathroom and two bedrooms are down there,” he says pointing down a small hallway. “One of you can have my room, the other can have the guestroom. I’ll sleep on the couch tonight.”

“You sure?” asks Hannah.

Cinnamon nods. “Yeah. It’s fine.”

“You’ve done so much,” says Shae as he moves to hug Cinnamon.

Cinnamon hugs him back. “Come on, it’s too early to sleep. We can relax, watch a movie or something,” he says.

“That sounds fun,” says Hannah.