Status: Complete

Battle to the Sykes

The Final Break Before Oliver Sykes

Shae and Hannah move all the supplies from the suitcase into their backpacks and then attach the swords to them too. They leave Cinnamon’s suitcase in the alley and walk out onto the street. There are a few people around. Shae hopes they will be too busy to notice that he and Hannah have swords strapped to their backs.

Hannah takes out her phone and changes it to local time. “We have about eight hours and forty minutes until the Bring Me The Horizon show,” she says.

Shae knows they are going to be the longest eight hours of his life.

“I say we find a place to rest up a little, there will be lots of fangirls there.”

“Where do you suggest we go?” asks Shae.

“Actually, I have an idea,” says Hannah.

--
After a short phone call Hannah and Shae get into a taxi. “Why did you still have Annalise’s number?” asks Shae.

Hannah shrugs. “I forgot about it. It’s lucky though.”

Shae agrees. They haven’t seen Annalise in a couple of years. Hopefully she’s not mad about what they’ve been up to.

--
After about twenty minutes they pull up outside Annalise’s parent’s house. Hannah pays the cab driver, thankfully he accepted the American currency.

The front door opens as the cab is pulling away and Annalise walks out smiling at them both. “Hey, I haven’t seen you guys in a while!” she pauses. “Are those swords?” she asks, looking at their bags, which they are holding.

“It’s not important,” says Hannah. “Can we come in for a bit?”

Annalise looks unsure but lets them into the house anyway. The three make themselves comfortable in Annalise’s room.

“What brings you two here?” she asks.

“You haven’t been on any Bring Me The Horizon fanpages lately, then,” says Shae.

Annalise shakes her head. “No. Why would I?” Shae doesn’t answer, instead he takes his gun from his bag and makes sure it’s fully loaded before putting it in his waistband. “Oh my god,” says Annalise, putting a hand over her mouth. “Is that a gun?”

“Don’t worry, he knows what he’s doing,” says Hannah calmly. Annalise looks shocked.

“I promise you’re safe,” says Shae. “We just want to get to Oliver Sykes,” he explains. Annalise takes a deep breath and nods.

“Do you mind if Shae and I rest here for a few hours, maybe gets some food and some sleep?” asks Hannah, hopefully.

Annalise is one of the nicest people in the world, but they may have scared her off. After a few seconds Annalise nods. “Sure,” she says with a faint smile, Hannah smiles back. “I’ll cook you guys something and then you can rest in here if you’d like.”

“Alright, but we need to be out of your house by six thirty,” says Shae. “Don’t let us stay any longer.”

--
Shae is gently shaken awake by Annalise. “It’s fifteen past six,” she says softly. “I guess you guys want to get moving now.”

Shae nods and looks over and Hannah who is waking up next to him. They need to get to the Bring Me The Horizon show.