Status: Complete

Battle to the Sykes

Shae Will Always Love Oliver Sykes

Shae is getting pretty sick of being on this boat. It’s been three days and he’s still so far from Oliver, but at least he’s giving his body some time to recover from all the brawling.

Shae looks over at Hannah, she’s drawing a route on a map of America, with a black marker.

“What’s the boat’s name?”

Hannah looks up at Shae, confused. “What?”

“The boat. Boats have names, normally girl’s names," he says.

Hannah shrugs and goes back to her map.

“Can I name it?” asks Shae.

“Sure, knock yourself out.”

Shae knows exactly what the boat should be called; he wouldn’t have it any other way. “The Oliver,” he says softly.

Hannah looks up and smiles at him.

Shae knows that he and Hannah are entirely different people, but that’s why they have a chance. Hannah is determined and dominant; she can fight for what she wants. Shae is more sentimental; he goes off his feelings and what he's feeling is love for Oliver Sykes. They make a good team.

--
Shae is roughly shaken awake. His eyes quickly adjust to the dimly lit cabin under the deck and he looks up at Hannah.

“We’re here,” she says, before darting out the cabin. Shae jumps up and gathers his stuff then runs out after Hannah.

The two say a sad goodbye to The Oliver, ready to start the American leg of the Oliver Sykes fight.

“Are we going to get a car now?” asks Shae. “We can’t just walk the whole thing and we don't have local money for public transport.”

Shae has a point, they’ll need a car.

As they are contemplating possible ways to get vehicles, Shae and Hannah hear the sound of an engine nearby, and getting closer.

They both look up to see a dark coloured Jeep coming right at them. Hannah and Shae switch to fight mode.

Shae rolls out of the way of the car and watches as Hannah jumps up onto the hood.

The car swerves; trying to shake her off but Hannah holds on. The car then stops suddenly and a fangirl jumps out. The girl shoves Hannah off the car and then sides over the hood herself and throws herself at Shae.

“You think you can take Oliver, you son of a bitch?” she shouts.

Shae dodges the girl and Hannah comes up behind her kicking her in the back. As the girls falls Shae finishes her then looks over at Hannah. “Are you okay?”

Hannah nods, massaging the pain from her hip. “I think she left the keys in the ignition,” she says nodding towards the car.

Shae looks over at the Jeep. It would certainly do the job. He smiles at Hannah, they must be the luckiest people alive.

Hannah jumps into the car and starts the engine. Shae gets into the passenger seat and Hannah pulls away.