Save Yourself For Someone Worth Dying For

Chapter Thirteen

When I opened my eyes, a bright light temporarily blinded me. After letting my eyes adjust, I realized that I was in a hospital room. And that my head was pounding. What the fuck happened? As if on cue, a nurse walked in.

"Hey, sweetie. How are you feeling?" She asked, concern filling her voice.

"I'm okay, I guess. My head in pounding. What happened?" I managed to get out.

"We're not entirely sure, sweetheart. Someone found you, bloody, and naked in the middle of a park. Someone hit you over the head with a crowbar and we believe that you were raped. We're waiting for the rape kit to come back." She spoke softly.

My mind was racing. Who would do this to me? I haven't had any problems with anyone. Ever. Besides my family. But they couldn't of done this, right? They weren't that sick, were they? Just then the nurse spoke up again.

"Is there anyone you would like me to contact for you?" She asked polietly. I nodded and gave her Vic's number. I hope he would answer and I hope he, and the rest of the guys, wouldn't hate me.

Not even ten minutes later, all four guys came burting through the door. They all ran over to my bed and tried their best to engulf me in a group hug. I started crying. I didn't know what else to do. I felt so dirty, so worthless. I was losing myself. My thoughts were interrupted when Tony spoke up.

"Oh my god, Abby, I am so sorry for yelling at you and making you run. I can't believe I did this to you, I am so so sorry." He was crying, too. I just shook my head at him. I looked at all of the guys.

"I don't want any of you to blame yourself for this, okay? I love you all too much to let you put that burden on yourselves. Please." My voice was shaky as I spoke. They all nodded their heads. I couldn't speak anymore, I didn't want to speak. I didn't want to feel either. An imense feeling of guilt washed over me. I longed to feel nothing at all. I wanted to be numb, I didn't want to deal with anything.

"Guys, I love you all dearly. But, can you leave for awhile? I need time to myself." I saw the hurt in everyone's eyes. Espicially Vic. As the were leaving, I whispered goodbye to them. Making sure they didn't hear me.

~~

Vic's POV

The guys and I were sitting in the living room. Not doing anything, not saying anything. There was nothing to say. We were all worried sick about Abby. We didn't know where she was or when she'd be back. If she'd be back. And that scared me shitless. She can't just walk out of my life, our lives, like that. We needed her. All of a sudden, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and didn't recognize the number. But I still answered.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello. Is this Mr. Fuentes?" The lady on the other line I asked.

"Uh, yeah."

"We have an Abigail Phillips here at the county hospital and she asked me to contact you for her. She'd like you to come see her."

"Okay, thank you. We'll be there shortly." I hung up the phone and stood up, looking at all of the guys.

"Abby is in the hospital. Let's go" We all raced to my car, and bolted to the hospital. What the fuck happened?

When we got there I walked up to the receptionist. "We're here to see Abigial Phillips." I stated. "Room 201" The lady replied sweetly.

We ran to her room and burst through the door. "Abby!" We all screamed. We ran over to her bed and did our best and trying to give her a group hug. She started crying. Which made me want to cry, too. But, I had to stay strong. For her. Tony kept apologizing over and over again to her. She gave us all a lecture about how we shouldn't blame ourselves for what happened. Then she asked to be alone. Of course, we did what she asked and left. Although it pained me to leave her.

I walked up to the nearest nurse. "Ma'am, what happened to her? Is she okay?" I asked, frantically.

"Sir. She was hit over the head with a crowbar. She was then dragged to a near by rundown park. There she was stripped of her clothes and we believe she was raped." I just nodded and went to sit down.

I sobbed hysterically. That's MY Abby. How could this happen? How could I let this happen to her? She didn't deserve this. I was supposed to save her. All I did was let her get hurt more. Oh, god. No no no no. I felt all the guys around me, offering me their support. At that moment, I realized that, without a doubt, I'm in love with Abby.