I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Forty-Two

-Third Person P.O.V.-

Johnny parked his car in a parking space and jumped out of the car. Locking it and setting the alarm, he took off through the grass, holding his phone tightly in his hand.

“Zack! Answer me, damn it!”

Johnny squinted his eyes to see better as he walked through the park. Johnny dialed Matt’s number and waited for an answer.

“Anything?” Matt answered.

“Central Park, here‘s here and I‘m taking him home.” Johnny then hung up and went deeper in.

“Hey Vengeance! This isn’t funny anymore!” Johnny had taken to walking instead of running.

He was close to the pond when a cough and a hiccup sounded from the trees. Johnny stopped and looked around, then spotted Zacky with his back propped up against a tree.

“What the hell are you doing?” Johnny asked as he walked up to his friend.

Zacky put the bottle of Jack Daniels to his lips and took a gulp.

“Oh, getting drunk while your pregnant fiancé is at home and worried about you.”

Zacky shrugged and took another drink, “I need to get away.”

“So you ignore everyone’s calls and shit? What the fuck, man? This isn’t you.”

“I’m not allowed to have freedom?” Zacky snapped.

“You’ll get freedom when Matt kills you, lets go.” Johnny kicked the whiskey bottle from Zacky’s hand and pulled his left arm over his shoulders.

“Lets go, you have some explaining to do to Rae.” Zacky stood up with Johnny and groaned at the sudden movement.

In half an hour, Johnny had gotten Zacky home. Matt took Val and himself home after laying into Zacky for taking off. Brian and Fae left shortly after Matt.

“You get your fucking ass I that bedroom and talk to her. I’ll be damned if she gets sick because of this.” Johnny pushed Zacky towards the bedroom and Zacky stumbled.

Mumbling, Johnny left, leaving Zacky and Rae to talk things out. Zacky opened the bedroom door and stumbling over his own two feet. Rae was sat up against her pillow, hands rubbing her lively stomach and crying.

Zacky immediately felt guilty. He’d walked out and left her without a note or anything, not even answering his friends’ calls. He’s the one who made her worry, he’s the one who made her cry. Nothing could make him feel anymore guilty then he felt right now.

He swallowed hard and blinked rapidly to get the blur to go away, “Rae…baby…”

His words were quiet and slightly slurred. Rae looked over with sniffles and bit onto her bottom lip.

“Baby, I’m sorry…” Zacky walked over and crawled onto the bed next to her.

He laid down and put his left ear against her stomach, feeling upset himself from causing Rae grief.

“I’m sorry…I’m so sorry…” He felt a small tap against his temple; most likely from Emily’s foot or hand.

“I’m back…I won’t leave again…I promise…” He laid small kissed on Rae’s stomach and sat up to look her in the eyes.

“Please, Rae…I’m sorry…” She looked at him with sad, questioning eyes.

“Why…why did you leave?” Her words came choked and in sobs.

“I…I don’t know…”

Rae scooted closer to him and laid her head on his shoulder, his arms instantly went around her shoulder and his lips connected with her right temple.

“I didn’t think you were going to come back…”

Zacky shook his head and rubbed at her stomach, gently. “Never…I’d never leave for good…maybe for a few hours…but never forever…you and I are forever…I’m scared…Rae. I’m scared that I won’t be a good dad…that something will happen that I can’t fix…”

“Zacky…” Rae looked up at him, her eyes clear of tears. “You’re going to be a great daddy for Emily…I promise you that…”

“You think so?”

“I know so, hun…You’ve been so good to me…and you’ve been doing terrific for the past few months…there’s no way you could fail at being a great dad…”

Zacky smiled down at her and kissed her passionately, cupping her face with his right hand. Rae laced her hand on top of his and kissed him back with just as much passion and love that she always had for him.

“I love you, two…” Zacky whispered against her lips.

Rae kissed him with a smile, “we love you too…”