I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Forty-One

-Third Person P.O.V.-

It’d been a few hours since Zacky had left. Rae had grown tired of sitting around, so she curled up on the couch with Fae; she rested her head in Fae’s lap while Fae gently ran her fingers through Rae’s hair.

“Don’t worry, maybe he’s doing a lot of shopping or something.” Fae said quietly at the half asleep Rae.

“His car is still here, he must have walked.” Brian said.

“Mm…” Rae blinked slowly and cuddled closer into the couch.

This was one of the few times where Emily’s kicking was at bay or ease so that Rae could actually get some well deserved rest.

Gena and Michelle had left almost an hour ago to do their own things, but said that they would call if either one of them heard form Zacky before Rae. Now it was just Matt, Val, Fae, and Brian. Only one pregnancy short of a party.

“Has anyone called him? It’s almost eight.” Val asked with a sigh.

Everyone shook their heads.

“Fine…I’ll call him,” Brian groaned in defeat at a game that wasn’t even going on.

He pulled his phone from his pocket and speed-dialed Zacky’s cell. It rang twice until Brian was sent to Zacky’s voice mail.

You’ve reached Zack. Leave your name and number and I’ll call you back.” -BEEP-

“Answer your damn phone, that’s what it’s for.” Brian ended his call with a roll of his eyes.

“Text him,” Matt pointed at Brian’s phone.

“You do it,” Brian stuck his phone back into his back pocket.

Fae looked at the other three people in the room, excluding Rae and rolled her eyes.

“I’ll do it.” Matt grabbed his phone and sent Zacky a text.

There was no reply. Not even after two and a half hours. Matt took Val and Rae to a bed room so they could rest. Then he went back down stairs.

“Lets go look for his stupid ass. I know he’s ignoring us.” Matt grabbed his leather jacket from the coat rack and put it on.

Fae stood up and pulled her phone from her pocket, “I’ll call Johnny and have him help you.”

“Zack’s a dead man if he’s doing this on purpose.” Matt said lowly and opened the front door.

***

“Hey Vengeance! Get your ass out here!” That was the sentence of choice that was shouted through Central Park by Johnny.

All the guys had split up throughout Huntington to search for Zacky. Brian took the strip of Main Street, Matt the suburbs, Jimmy the beach, and Johnny took the park. They all kept tabs with each other on where they looked and where to look next. So far, there was no sign. No calls, no texts, no messages, no show. Hell, Jimmy even called up to Johnny’s Bar looking for him, but there was nothing.

“Dude, the liquor store said they saw him about fifty minutes ago. Said he bought a couple of beers and Jack.” Jimmy called up each one of the guys and told him the first clue.

“Where do you think he would have went after that?” Johnny asked as he drove just outside the quiet neighborhoods.

“If he’s smart, or in this case has a sever illness of dumbass, he probably went to a park or some place where there’s no people.” Jimmy sighed, no other sign up and down the shore.

Johnny squinted his eyes from a headache that had been forming for an hour and a half. This was too much. You know there’s something wrong when you need four people out looking for someone.

“A park…park, park, park…” Johnny listed different places in his head, then it hit him.
“Central Park! I gotta go!” Jimmy didn’t get a chance to speak before Johnny hung up and threw his phone into the passenger’s seat of his car.

Slamming his foot into the gas pedal, he sped down the street, straight for Central Park. He seriously felt lucky. The park was always their safe haven besides Johnny’s Bar. So why not go and look there.

As he got closer, the feeling just became stronger. He knew Zacky was here, there was no doubt about it.