These Secrets Are Killing Me

The Artist In The Ambulance.

We followed them as they brought my daughter down the stairs on the stretcher. I held onto Gerard's hand as he literally dragged me down the steps. I could hear Mikey's sniffles from behind me, it just brought me to more tears. I looked at Jesse and the blood that was staining the white towel they put behind her head for what I don't know. She looked calmed, she looked like her normal self. She didn't look stressed, or like she could break at any minute. I felt a pang of guilt rush over my body and the bile rise in my throat. I cleared my head but I couldn't shake that feeling of this being my fault.

"One person can ride." The paramedic said, putting the stretcher in the ambulance. I pushed Gerard forward, he came back to me and pushed me in the ambulance.

"Go I'll have Mikes drive me."

"But Ge-"

"Lyn we don't have time to argue our daughter's life is at risk, for once just think about her and not yourself." He slammed the door and left me speechless. I sat down and grabbed Jesse's cold hand. The paramedic grabbed in iv and began to search for a vain, I thanked God Jesse was out. She got Gerard's fear of needles. He got in and started to put some kind fluid in the iv.

"Ma'am do you know exactly what happened?"

"No I was my in room when I heard my husband yell my name." Lie you were in the kitchen talking on the phone with a drug dealer. Anything to get Jesse to keep my secrets even if it meant sending her away again, I would do it.

I watched the heart monitor beep at the worlds slowest pace shouldn't this thing be beating faster. It was beating slower and slower I feared the worst and it happened. The heart monitor did a flat line. "Jesse!" I yelled.

Gerard's POV
I got into Mikey's car and sobbed, my little girl was dying. I heard the car door close and the car start. I looked over at Mikey who had silent tears rolling down his cheeks. He took his hand of the steering wheel to wipe them away, it wasn't till then I noticed I too had tears rolling down my face. I don't remember much of the ride all I know is the minute we parked I ran into the Hospital and went straight to the receptionists desk.

"May I help you?" A lady at the front desk ask.

"Jesse Way is she admitted yet?" I asked hurriedly.

"Your relation to the patient?"

"I'm her father."

"Mr. Way the doctor would like to speak to you."

"Is my daughter okay or not?!" I yelled grabbing the attention of everybody in the God forsaken place.

"I'm sorry sir I'm not allowed to discus the information of a comatose patient." My world had stopped spinning.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh i hate this chapter.thanks for all the comments i just had to know what everyone was thinking I've never had a story go past like thirty chapters before. and i promise to y'all Gerard will find out a secret soon, but it will be just one. oh yeah chapter title credit goes to thrice.