Sequel: Stealing Glances
Status: COMPLETE- Sequel Stealing Glance is up!

Making Hits for Your Heart

Prologue

John O’Callaghan wanted to explore everything the world had to offer him—especially when it came to music. It had been about 5 years since he had been in The Maine and he had done things most people couldn’t dream of doing with their lives. From travelling the world with his best friends, making music to share with the world, writing a poetry book, making a short film, meeting people from all walks of life, and everything in between. Even with the all ups and downs and obstacles John had overcome to get to where he was, he wouldn’t change a thing.

Even when she came into his life and shook every aspect of it… he wouldn’t have changed anything—especially when it came to her.


She laughed at his ridiculous antics then took a sip of her beer before asking him, “Broad question but I am curious-- what are your dreams? Your aspirations?"

“You know, I’ve achieved it to an extent—being in a band and all…” John said jokingly as he took a sip of his beer while intently keeping his eyes on hers.

Ah, but there's more in that head of yours; I can tell." She paused, and her face held the intrigued quizzical expression as well as a small smile as she was pointing a finger at him. "Beyond what your life is now, what do you hope to accomplish in your life?"

"Personally?" He asked.

"Sure or professionally, take your pick or both even…"

No one had really asked that question before in such a general matter. He contemplated how to answer all he knew was he wanted to answer her question-- honestly. He didn’t mind opening himself to her; it just felt like it was all right to do so "Professionally? I'd like to stick with music, I want to stay with music, in any way that I can. It’s all that I am and everything I want to epitomize. I think the possibilities with music are endless for me. I want to collaborate with friends on more projects, maybe write another book… I don’t know, I want everything…" He chuckled awkwardly before taking another sip of his beer.

“And personally?" She asked, cracking another small smile from his answer.

He sheepishly smiled to himself, looking into his heart for the answer to that one. "I want the happy ending.” He said, with a nervous chuckle while mulling over his thoughts.

“You know, I don’t believe in happy endings…” She said with a straight face causing him to look at her with a bit of a perplexed expression.

“Why is that?” He asked, bracing himself for her answer.

“How is it happy when things are ending?” She said.