Sequel: Stealing Glances
Status: COMPLETE- Sequel Stealing Glance is up!

Making Hits for Your Heart

Track Fifteen

After spending a few more days in Arizona hanging out with John and company. Jamison had left for Los Angeles and it had already felt like weeks since she had left.

Jamison seemed to had made her mark in Arizona. From waking up each morning and making breakfast for Eric and John, planning to work with the guys in This Century on future music, to talking business shop with Tim. She had luckily made a good impression upon everyone she was introduced to and assured everyone she would be back sooner rather than later to visit.

“3 showers and I still can’t fully get all this paint off of me…” John said, walking out of his room. He and the band had spent until the early hours of the morning shooting for “Forever Halloween” album cover with their longtime friend and photographer Dirk.

“Our water bill is going to outrageous thanks to you…” Eric joked, as he was eating his cereal on the couch with Ruby lying next to him.

“I work hard for the money.” John sang jokingly, as he went into the kitchen and grabbed a cup of coffee.

“To spend it on water bills.”

“I do what I want.” John said, in a gruff pseudo gangster voice causing Eric to roll his eyes.

“You know I miss having breakfast made when I woke up…” Eric placed the empty bowl onto the coffee table. “I actually just miss seeing someone else’s face besides yours.“ He looked over at John with a smirk.

John gasped over dramatically. “Oh baby, you’re hurting my feelings.” He said in mock hurt, causing Eric to chuckle.

“Jamison left too soon…” Eric let out a content sigh ignoring John’s melodramatic reaction, “But I also enjoy not wearing pants… I feel a bit torn.”

John rolled his eyes at the latter statement. “You know how our jobs go…”

“Maybe we should call her—would she even be up? Why are we even up?” Eric said looking at his phone to see it was almost 8AM.

“If she’s working… she’s up.” John said as he quickly looked through his phone contacts and dialed her number. He put his phone on speakerphone as the loud ringing and anticipation were getting to him.

“Hello?” Jamison answered, sounding fully alert and awake.

“Good morning sunshine.” John said, with a smirk, as his voice was still raspy and slightly filled with sleep.

“Your voice contradicts your words…” She teased, chuckling at his words.

“We had a late night shooting our album cover.” He explained rubbing his eyes as he took a seat next to Eric on the couch.

“Did you get the money shot?” Jamison asked, with a chuckle.

“We did.” John replied in mock pride causing her to laugh.

“What did I do to deserve an early morning phone call?”

“Halvo misses you and your breakfast.” John said half jokingly as he looked over at Eric with a smirk.

She laughed at John’s remark. “I miss his face too… tell him to hurry up and elope with me. I can support him, he can be my trophy husband.” She laughed.

“Anytime girl, anytime.” Eric said in his sassiest voice causing everyone to laugh.

“What are you up to?”

“I just finished eating breakfast with James Bleu Walker— or Jamie Bleu, if you are friends or family. He is about to head off to school now…” Jamison said, as she looked at James with a smile as he stood in front of her with a curious look upon his face.

“Uncle Jamison, who is that?” James asked.

“My friend John and Eric. Do you want to say hi?” Jamison asked him as James nodded his head eagerly. She handed the phone over to him as he took it from her and pressed it against his ear.

“Hi John and Eric.” He said confidently into the phone.

John chuckled to himself looking over at Eric. “Hello James.” He said before James handed the phone back over to Jamison.

“I think he likes you…” Jamison said stifling a chuckle as she watched James put on his shoes.

“What are you up to today?”

“Studio— Butch and Panic! At The Disco… then babysitting Jamie Bleu here while his parents go out to party this fine New Years Eve.” She explained.

“No partying for you?”

“Have you hung out with Jamie? I am in for some fun tonight. This six year old knows how to party.” She said, with a smile as James was standing in front of her smiling at his favorite uncle’s words.

“Yeah!” James said, pumping his fists in the air.

“We’re going to head out… we’ll see you later.” Nora, Butch’s wife said, quietly not wanting to disrupt Jamison’s call.

“Hold on.” Jamison said, into the phone before crouching down to James’ eye level. “Give me a hug.” She opened her arms as James embraced her.

“Later Uncle Jamison… I love you.” James said happily before letting go of his hold on Jamison.

“I love you too little guy. I shall see you later.” She patted James on his head and hugging Nora before watching the two leave the house. “Sorry about that, had to say my byes to Jamie Bleu.”

“Staying at Butch’s?” John asked, already knowing the answer but asking anyways trying to keep the conversation alive.

“The guest room is basically my room, I lend to guests.” She half joked, “What are you up to for New Years Eve?”

“8123 New Years Bash.” John answered with a smile.

“Fun.”

“We wish you were here!” Eric yelled into John’s phone causing Jamison to laugh.

“I do too… I miss you guys. It’s only been a few days but… still. I miss you guys.” She stated, as she shook her head and went into her room and began packing her things for the day.

“We miss you too.” John said into the phone.

“Did you guys set a release date for the record?” Jamison asked, as she remembered that the album was being mixed and mastered the next week.

“We’re thinking June so we can make a summer tour out of it…” John said, remembering the semi-meeting they had during their photo shoot the night before.

“The anticipation…” She teased causing John to chuckle as he took her off speakerphone and headed to his room to finish the call.

“6 months…” He said, counting down the days in his head.

“Can you wait it out?”

“I kind of want to, I kind of don’t… I want to go on the road again but it’ll be good to have some time off. Plus, I’m sure we’ll be doing stuff here and there for the album. So it won’t all be downtime…” John explained, as he sat on his bed thinking about the various things they had to plan out before the album was released from music video treatments, marketing strategies, and everything else in between.

“I’m glad…” She said, relieved that John wasn’t feeling dejected about the long wait.

“You should make it out for some dates when we’re on tour.” He suggested, hoping she would take him up on the offer.

“Count on it.”

“It is genuinely weird not seeing you everyday.” John admitted hoping she wasn’t weirded out by his confession.

“You’ve been spoiled with my face… what have I done?” She said jokingly which caused them both to laugh.

“You horrible person.” He played along, as he rolled his eyes at the words he had just said.

“You can send me the bill for all the therapy I’ll be putting you through.”

“It’ll be a hefty bill… from the bars I’ll be drinking at.” John laughed at the latter remark.

“I got the money.” She said playfully with a chuckle. “I got to get going to the studio but I hope you have a fantastic week… productive, relaxing, or whatever you decide. I just hope it is fantastic…”

“You too.” He said feeling a bit sad the phone call was being cut short, “I miss you.”

“I miss you too, friend.” She said, “I’ll talk to you soon?”

“Count on it.”

“Bye John.”

“Bye Jamie.” John said. He hung up his phone and stared at it for a moment before he smiled to himself and walked back into the living room to see Eric looking through what looked like a stack of photos.

“You like her don’t you?” Eric simply said, not even looking up at John and focusing on the photos he was looking through.

“Jamie?” John asked as he was confused by Eric’s statement. “Of course… she’s a good person.”

“Not like that… but like you know as like her.” Eric said, looking at John who took a seat next to him. “God, I totally sounded like a 15 year old saying that.”

“What makes you say that?” John asked completely curious on where Eric’s statement was coming from as he began petting Ruby.

“Besides the fact you know, the way you talk to her on the phone like you’re dating…” Eric rolled his eyes, “I just got around to developing the disposable camera I brought to the Christmas party… tell me that isn’t the look of a boy who likes a girl.” He handed John one of the photos he was holding.

John stared at the photo. It was a simple photo nothing exciting. It had been of John, Sean (Silverman), and Jamison sitting in between the two on the couch inside the 8123 offices with Jamison talking mid-sentence and John just gazing at her with his complete undivided attention almost in a completely smitten way. Now he knew what Eric had meant. “I never really thought about it…” He stated handing Eric the photo back.

“I don’t think there’s a lot to think about. Picture speaks a thousand words…” Eric said, lifting the photo up and showing John again.

“Jamison is… Jamison. I really adore her.” He answered honestly not knowing how to put his thoughts and feelings into words.

“You’ve never thought about her as more than a friend?”

“No, not really…” John answered truthfully.

“Could have fooled me…” Eric chuckled looking at John with a smirk upon his face.

John sat on the couch and let Eric words sink in and just laughed. Jamison Song was the producer and friend of The Maine. There wasn’t any deeper meaning it all… maybe it was just in Eric’s head.

Meanwhile, Jamison walked into the studio to see Butch sitting alone in the control room strumming one of his many acoustic guitars.

“Sorry, I’m late. I had a phone call…” She said apologetically as she dropped her bag on the floor and took a seat across from Butch.

“The guys are stuck in traffic anyway… so who called?” Butch said, intrigued by the person who had her attention to have her come in late.

“John… you know John. You wrote “Right Girl” with him.” Jamison said, jogging Butch’s memory.

“From The Maine?” He asked making sure he had the right person.

“Yes.”

“You two talk quite often it seems…” Butch said with a smirk.

“I talk to you everyday when I’m not around…” Jamison said rolling her eyes at his reaction.

“That’s different, it’s me… we’re family.”

“I talk to a lot of people I’ve worked with and become friends with often…”

“True…” He shook his head, “I just thought you got a boyfriend and didn’t tell me.” Butch teased causing Jamison to burst out into laughter.

“John?” She said in shock, “That’s a weird thought…” She chuckled as she thought about it for a moment.

“But not a bad one?” Butch mused, as another smirk appeared on his face.

“I have eyes…” She pointed to her eyes and laughed. “He’s a good looking guy, talented, smart, and all-around good guy.”

“But?”

“I never thought about that… dating someone isn’t on my radar at the moment.” She shrugged nonchalantly, shrugging off the idea off.

“It hasn’t been for almost 4 years…” He said rolling his eyes, as he set down his guitar on the stand next to him. “Ever since that crapbag we acknowledged as your boyfriend. You haven’t even dated anyone.” He said as hostility dripped out of his voice.

“Woah, when did my non-existent love life become so important to you?” She half joked laughing at the reaction behind Butch’s latter statement.

“I always worry about you in all aspects of your life.” He simply answered with a smile.

“I knew that, but you seem so adamant on me dating all of a sudden…”

“I don’t know you’ve dedicated almost the 10 years to this life…” He shrugged, “I want to see you happy.”

“By choice… and I am happy.” She chuckled at his remarks wondering if she had displayed any signs that showed otherwise.

“I know this is all more than enough for you but I want you to be even happier… you know, to experience the love you get beyond the soundboard.” He began, staring at the soundboard that was in front of them. “You know the kind of love you hear about in songs.”

“Maybe…” She chuckled, shaking her head.

“I’m sure all the stories you’ve heard over the years is making you somewhat apprehensive about dating a musician but at the same time I think at the same time you’d have to date a musician…” He asserted.

“Why cause of the job I have?” Jamison let out another chuckle at Butch’s statement that she had to date a musician.

“No, cause you would get it.” Butch said, “The tour schedules, recording, the love and appreciation for music, the hardships… you would get that all. And in turn, they would get your love for it all and your lifestyle. It’d mesh well…” He explained causing Jamison to smile. “Something harmonious would come of it… pun intended.”

“Maybe…” She shook her head laughing a bit.

“Studio!!!” Brendon yelled, walking into the studio with his arms flailing upward causing Butch and Jamison’s conversation to end shortly.

“Let’s have some fun…” Jamison said, with a smile as she got up from her seat.

John O’Callaghan was the lead singer of The Maine and friend of hers. There wasn’t a deeper meaning to it all…

Was there?

Later that night, John was at the 8123 offices with his usual hometown crew talking, laughing, and drinking the night away. John drank his beer and as Tim yelled the 10-second warning before it would turn midnight. Everyone at the party began yelling and counting down to the New Year…

5. 4. 3. 2. 1…

It was 2013…

Everyone cheered and began hugging and if relevant kissed each other and began wishing each other a Happy New Year. John had just finished hugging Eric before his phone started buzzing from his pocket.

It was a message from Jamison.

From: Jamie Song

Happy New Years John Cornelius O’Callaghan The Fifth! I hope 2013 brings you everything you want and more… and I hope we create more band aids (together).

John read the text message and smiled. He quickly began replying back to her message.

This year would be his year for great things to come...

From: John O’CV (The Maine)

Happy New Years to you Jamie. I hope you make more marks upon the world in 2013 and forever more… 2012 wouldn’t have been what it was without you. I am thankful we crossed paths and become what we are now. Here’s to making more band aids (together).

Jamison smiled as she read John’s text message then tossed her phone back on the couch.

This year would be her year for great things to come…

-----

March 2013

It had been a few months since John and Jamison had seen each other but the two kept in touch via phone and text as well as keeping tabs on one another via social media.

It was evening and John had just finished spending the day with Eric hiking as well as spending better part of his afternoon hashing out details for the album and it’s first single along with the summer tour. John was in bed scrolling through his instagram feed mindlessly till a back-to-back update had brought a smile to his face.

@butchwalker
Pancake Breakfast! JB and Uncle @jamisong are going to duke it out—kind of named this guy after this girl! Family is the best!

John saw the picture of Jamison and James sitting in Butch’s truck with their seat belts on waiting smiling happily.

The next photo kept his smile intact.

@jamisong
Saturday Pancake Breakfast with The Walkers! I love family… and pancakes.

The picture was of Jamison and Jamie staring happily at their stack of pancakes almost looking at the pancakes with a loving gaze.

John chuckled at the photo before looking through his phonebook and stopped at Jamison’s name—highlighted. He decided to press the dial button and pressed the phone to his ear hearing it ring a few times before he got an answer.

“Hello?” Jamison answered as she sat in her bed mindlessly staring at the television.

“How was Saturday Pancake Breakfast?” John asked with a smile.

“Stalking me on the internet John? How modern of you…” She teased, laughing at her own remark. “It was great. After we took Frank, the French bulldog out for a walk and then I worked in the studio… now I am back at Butch’s, in my room. Mindlessly watching TV.”

“Sounds like a great time.” John smiled hearing the joy in her voice.

“It’s was…” She shook her head, “What have you been up to?”

“We actually had a band meeting today and Eric and I went hiking a little while ago.” John said, laying in his bed as he stared at the ceiling.

“Productive.”

“I try to keep myself occupied, I try.” He said dramatically, “So, James was named after you?”

“Kind of? I don’t know how to answer that—it’s just a weird series of events.” She said, with a laugh completely flustered by his question.

“One of the epitomes of badass has named his son after you? I think that doesn’t need much explanation.” John teased, smiling to himself.

“You know, Declan could have been James or James could have been Declan.” Jamison explained.

His ears perked with intrigue as he listened to her statement. “Really?”

“The deal was someone got to have James as a first name and the other person would have James as the middle name.”

“You’re kidding.” John chuckled in disbelief, but wasn’t completely surprised by the story she was telling him.

“Nope, flipped a coin for it and everything…” She shook her head, as she laughed recalling the whole scenario in her head.

“To name their sons after you?” He recapped making sure he head correctly.

“I know, right? Dumbasses.” She said sarcastically. “But Declan is Declan rightfully and James is James… it’s fitting. James was born before Declan by a few months. Declan James Benson and James Bleu Walker are pretty badass kids.” She said as her voice filled with pride.

“They really are your family, aren’t they?”

“Butch, Brendan, Neal, and Matt… and a million other people are just… family.”

“Man, Butch is just… badass. Brendan too… I miss both of them.” John chuckled, he knew he wasn’t close to either maybe with Brendan but he still felt weird admitting that he had missed two of some of the most badass people in the music.

“Butch and I actually talked about you guys the today. He totally wants to work with you guys again…” Jamison said.

“Really? You’re lying.”

“I swear. Butch doesn’t bullshit.”

John laughed in disbelief. “We would take up that offer anytime.”

“If you’re ever in LA when I’m here, we should all get together.” She offered.

“I’ll drive up right now if I could hang out with you guys…” He said, being somewhat serious, part of him wanted to grab his car keys and drive up to LA right at that moment.

“I would be down for that idea except… tomorrow I am flying out to New York to work with OneRepublic.”

“Busy girl.” John chuckled, feeling the tiniest bit disappointed she was leaving the west coast.

She laughed. “I try…”

“So, we picked our first single today…” He said, as he remembered what had happened earlier in the day.

“The verdict?” She asked, as anticipation ran through her veins.

“Happy.” John announced proudly.

“First song record, first single… I like it. Good choice.” She smile hearing the satisfied tone in his voice.

“We’re releasing the song in next month.”

“I am so excited for you…” She said genuinely, “I feel the momentum.”

“Thanks. I think I’m starting to feel it too.”

“I remember when we recorded that song, you guys were baffled when Brendan was like, “We’re recording this today!”—the looks on your faces.” She laughed reminiscing over one of her first exchanges with them.

“No real calculations, just purely on spontaneity, instinct, and feelings… that was something we didn’t really know how to do when it came to recording.” John recollected, as he let out a happy sigh.

“Look how far you’ve come…”

“It’s an interesting feeling.”

“It’s already March…” Jamison said, realizing how much time had passed already.

“It’s insane, isn’t it?” John chuckled at her random outburst.

“It is… I’ve officially known you for 8 months or so now.” She counted.

“I swear it feels like just yesterday you came into my life and shook it…” He said playfully as he laughed at his word choices.

“I hope in the worst way possible…” She joked.

“Terrible ways… just horrible. I don’t sleep at night thanks to you.” John said sarcastically shaking his head in mock disappointment.

“You already had that problem before I came along.”

“Touché.”

“Even though most of my friends on the road and I live a multiple coastal life, sometimes it’s hard… I mean I get it… but some days are hard. Missing people is a difficult thing.” She confessed, as she let out a sigh.

“But we wouldn’t change it for the world… this life we live.” He said presenting her an upside to her downside.

“Nope.” She shook her head in agreement.

“I guess we just have to find people who’ll get it… the constant travel, long hours that turn into days or even months, the fact they might not always be a priorities, missing special days, and all the other things we sacrifice to live this life.” John said, trying to convince himself more with his own words than to Jamison.

“I don’t have it as hard as you… I don’t know how you do it all.”

“I’ve been alone for awhile now… I don’t know how the other guys do it, or their girlfriends. They are saints.” John said, with a laugh at the last remark.

“Cutest girlfriends ever.” Jamison laughed at herself as she gushed, “They really did luck out…”

“Send your positive thoughts and prayers to me and Pat…” He half joked, “Although Pat is too caught up in being in a band more than anything else. He’s basically dating all the fans…” The two laughed in agreement.

“You’ll find someone real nice, I’m sure of it…” Jamison said, with a sure nod.

“What about you?”

“One day… someday. I don’t know…” She laughed not knowing how to react or answer his question.

“I think the guy you’ll end up dating… whoever he is. He won’t be as awesome as you but I think he’ll suffice…” John teased a bit but meant every word he had said.

“He has to get the approval of Brendan, Butch, Matt, Neal… and a few others or Butch might have to get his shotgun.” Jamison laughed at imagining Butch with his shotgun.

“The one above the soundboard in his studio?” John recollected, thinking about the time he had went to Butch’s studio to work on their 2nd album.

“That is the one.”

“I have to give my approval too…” John joked, “I’ll borrow a shotgun.”

“I’ll make a mental note of it.” She laughed, “This is nice…”

“What is?” He asked a bit confused by her words.

“After a long day in the studio just to wind down and talk to you… about nothing and everything.” She professed, “I honestly miss talking on the phone, I love text messages… but there’s something nostalgic about talking on the phone.”

“I’m glad…” He said, “I worry you will get sick of me.” He half joked but the other half of him feeling a bit self-conscious.

“Impossible.” She said reassuringly, “John Cornelius O’Callaghan The Fifth is a gateway drug.” She joked.

“What?”

“I have no idea what the hell I meant by that, I must be more exhausted then I thought.” She admitted, with a laugh.

“Oh Jamie…” John teased, “Kind of sucks that we’re probably going to have to wait until the summer to see each other…” He sighed realizing that was still months away.

“We’ll make it totally worth it and I can run off with Halvo make him my trophy husband…” She joked causing John to burst out into laughter.

He choked on his spit a bit before pulling himself together. “I’ll be sure to tell Tim to put Vegas as a route on the tour.” He said playing along with her.

“Please do.” She said dramatically, “I die a little on the inside every day being away from him.”

“Jamie Song, today is a reminder of why I miss you quite terribly.” John said, in the most genuine and sincere voice he could muster. For a smallest second he kind of understood where Eric was coming from when he had asked about his feelings for Jamison. But was completely washed over with emotion just missing his friend.

“I miss you too.” She said emulating the same genuine and sincere tone his voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Unedited. The anticipation of these two getting together... killing you isn't it? Hahaha kidding... I promise sooner rather than later!

But I hope you are all doing well and you guys have great week! As always, THANK YOU. Thank you for all the comments/recs/subscribing. It means a lot & feedback is appreciated but not required (but it fuels me)!

Question of the day: In a perfect (musical) world, you get the chance to book/create your dream tour-- any 4 bands/artists (doesn't matter what genre and if it would mesh well together). Who would they be? Who would be the opener(s)? Who would (co)-headline? And why?