Love Bites

Chapter Eleven- Just Give Me a Reason

"Just give me a reason, just a little bits enough. Just a second, we're not broken just bent. We can learn to love again. It's in the stars, it's been written in the scars on our hearts. That we're not broken just bent. And we can learn to love again." Pink's voice accompanied by Nate's voice chimed.

We all sat on the blankets set up by Leon and Luna. They surprised Scarlet and I by setting up a picnic. All the food in the two separate baskets were handmade by our dates.

"Our first double date." I said out loud.

"No it's private." Scarlet said turning away from me.

Luna and Scarlet got engrossed in a deep conversation. They were smiling and sitting cross legged across from each other.

I turned and looked at Leon. He was looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Eat my food I made for you boy!" He screamed at me.

Everyone got silent and stared at Leon with blank faces.

He smiled and we all started laughing at him. My boyfriend was such an odd person.

I looked down to see Leon pushing a plate sandwiches towards me. I looked up at him to see big blue puppy dog eyes and a trembling lip.

"I love how you rush me to eat." I said smiling.

I snatched a sandwich off the plate and started scarfing down. It was a good Turkey Deluxe sandwich minus the onions. I hate those things with a passion.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"Yes." I replied to him.

"You better!" He told me.

I burst into a fit of laughter. Leon was trying to be a tough guy. He made a duck face but tried to blow his cheeks out at the same time. He looked like he was trying to take a poop.

Leon'a phone started ringing. He looked surprised but answered it anyways.

"You got Leon." He said into his phone winking at me.

He started talking, making bored faces. Then he started to mock the person he was talking to for my amusement. Then his face became hard and serious.

"Are you sure?" He asked the person. "Fine I'm on my way." He told the caller.

He got up looking serious and intense. It was starting to scare me.

"Luna we got to go." He told his sister.

"For?!" She questioned.

"Get up now!" He demanded her.

Luna hopped up looking just as confused as the rest of us.

"Leon are you okay?" I asked him worried.

"Goodbye." He told me.

He turned and walked away to his car followed by a worried looking Luna.

They hopped into the car and drove off leaving Scarlet and I speechless.

"What just happened?" Scarlet asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders and started to pack up the picnic. I wasn't sure what to do so I just went home.

Scarlet followed me, on her phone texting Luna I assumed. I was waiting for a text or call from Leon. To hear anything in the least.

Nothing happened throughout the day. No texts or phone calls. I wasn't panicking. Okay maybe I was just. Tad freaked out.

Honestly Leon didn't say anything to me. I waited for days.

"Hello Leon this isn't funny! At least pick up your phone." I left on his voicemail one day.

"Pick up the phone you're pissing me off!" I screamed the next day.

"I'm sorry I didn't meant that. Just answer your phone please or call back." I said the next.

"Leon please I need you." I cried on his voicemail.

"Stop being pathetic and lets go." Scarlet told me.

I looked at her with my puffy red eyes. I've been crying all day worried about Leon and his whereabouts.

"Where are we going?" I asked her.

"Where do you think." She answered.

I nodded understanding. At least my sister was here to help me.

I got up and followed my sister to the car and we took off.

She had an expression on her face of pure malice. I'm guessing she was being ignored also.

We pulled up into the driveway after the drive. I was too surprised.

The place looked dead. It was as if nobody ever lived here.

"Well this looks strange." I said to Scarlet.

"C'mon." She said.

Scarlet got out the car and walked up to the house. She started banging on the door waiting for a response.

"Oh answer the door!" She yelled.

There was a clicking and the door opened up.

Judas stood in front of us looking quite messy. His hair was everywhere and he looked like he hasn't slept in days. He stared at us blankly for a while before deciding to speak.

"What could you possibly want?" He asked.

"You look like crap." Scarlet said honestly.

Judas rolled his eyes at her then stared at me.

"Is Leon home?" I asked him.

"Yea?" Judas said.

Scarlet rushed past in, pushing him out of the way. I followed her parting only to go into separate rooms.

I opened Leon's door, straining my eyes to look around the dark room. I finally saw a figure under the sheets on the bed.

"Leon?" I called out.

The figure wrestled with the sheets, finally revealing Leon's angelic face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

I started to walk closer to my boyfriend but he held out his hand, making me freeze in place.

"I can't come closer?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?" He asked again, completely ignoring my question.

"What's up with you?" I cried out.

"Nothing." Was his simple answer.

"Than why have you been avoiding me for the past couple off days?"

"Dunno."

"Stop it!" I yelled.

"What?"

"Stop one wording me."

"Sorry."

Something was completely wrong. Leon was acting abnormal.

"Do you still love me?" I asked him.

"Can't."

"What does that mean?"

"It means we're over. Leave." He replied.

My world came crashing down on me. I wasn't sure what to say or what to do. He just...he just... I don't know how to explain these feelings.

"What are you trying to say?" I asked him.

"Goodbye Vincent." He said.

My thoughts went back to the day of the picnic. He said 'Goodbye' then also.

"Goodbye means forever." I whispered.

"Exactly," he told me. "I'm bad for you. You deserve better forget about me and go."

"Why now?" I yelled.

He didn't answer, just stared. He was being so cold and distant and it was killing me.

"Give me a chance. I'll make it work. I'll fix it." I cried out.

He shook his head at me sadly. His eyes were a blue ocean filling with tears.

"Stop making this so hard." He said softly.

"Than don't break up with me."

"Goodbye." He said.

He pulled his blanket back over his body, leaving me standing at the door.

Years filled my eyes as my heart broke into a million pieces. I heard a sniffling noise from under the blanket. I let out a sob as I backed slowly out of the room.

Scarlet was waiting for me in the hallway. She looked perfectly fine. Better than she looked when we came here.

We walked through the deserted hallway, down the stairs, and out the door. There wasn't a sound in the house. Not a breathing soul except the two upstairs. Even Judas had disappeared while we were upstairs.

We rode in silence on our way home. I didn't have enough willpower to even open my mouth. Scarlet seemed to notice after a while.

"You okay?" She asked.

I shook my head not looking at her.

"Did he break up with you?"

I nodded.

"We'll that's for the best." She told me.

I whipped my head in her direction staring at her in disbelief.

"What do you mean? Why would you say that?"

"I'm guessing he didn't tell you than." She said.

I shook my head at her. I wanted, no needed to know why.

"They're leaving Vincent." She told me. "I'm sure you've already realize that the others are gone."

"Why?" I asked.

"Too many bodies piling up. Won't take long for someone to catch on to them." She told me.

"Someone? Cops aren't that smart." I told her.

"Who said anything about cops?" She said.

"Than what? What does a vampire have to be afraid of?" I asked her.

"The Night Watchers." She replied to me.

"What the hell are the Night Watchers?" I asked.

"Vincent did you seriously think that we're the only ones that know about their existence? That they're the only creatures on this earth that strong? Everyone has an enemy. Everything gets hunted." She explained.

I let the words sink into my head. I stared out at the falling sun. My boyfriend, well ex left me because he was being hunted.