Status: Active as long as I'll have my imaginative mind

Beneath You're Beautiful

What are you waiting for? Sun to freeze?

***Nadia***

“So, how did you end up in this charity?” Jordan suddenly asks. We get out from the fourth room and are on our way to other. So far we've seen five boys and three girls. All of them are from 3 to 8 years.

What I saw was pretty sad. All those kids have hard fate but all tried their best to be strong for their parents. It’s heartbreaking to see those kids but when we enter the room and those eyes light up, it’s like my heart swell with joy.

“Well, my mom starts it ten years ago. So I just go on.” Smile appears on my face. I remember all times I was here. Every time I really want to cry but then all those smiles from children and parents spot in my mind and I feel much better. When I look back at Jordan and Sidney, both of them are smiling and eyeing me suspiciously.

“I mean nothing bad but why are you two smiling like that?” I laugh. Their smiles grow bigger when Sidney answers me. “Your eyes just lit up when you’re talking about that. It’s nice sight to see you enjoy this charity.” Sidney says and I couldn't help but smile wider.

“Come on, we have somebody to make their day.” I tug their backs to the other room.

When we enter the room no. 8 there are laid another two beds. Their names are written on the beds so I know that that are Jackie and Nelly. Both are around fifteen or sixteen years old and I assumed that they like fashion because of the fashion magazines on their night tables. Nelly, the redhead, looks up from one of the fashion magazine and her eyes widen and looked back at magazine in order to look back at me.

“Hi girls, what’s up?” I ask grinning like an idiot. Jackie eyed me in anticipation and grins like five years old girl on her lolly pop. Two men stood right behind me and I think for a sec that girls stop breathing when they saw Sidney and Jordan.

“I hope you don’t mind a little visit, do you?”

***Sid***

As I watch Nadia talked to all those kids I couldn't stop myself from imagining her with my kids.

With our kids!

What I’m thinking? I do not even have a first date with her and I’m thinking about having a child? I’m insane. Why I’m even thinking about that?

My thoughts are interrupted by this girl Jackie. “I’m so jealous of you, Nadia.” I have to frown at this. Why should be she jealous?

“You’re so beautiful and amazing. I really want to be like you but I can’t. I’m ugly.” My eyes laid at Nadia and watch how her eyes widen and her smile disappears. And I should say that I miss that smile already. Nadia watches Jackie carefully thinking of what to say her.

“Can I ask you something?” the girl nods and Nadia continues “Why do you think are you, how you said, ugly?” Nadia frown her nose when she said a word ugly.

It’s really cute by the way. What I am thinking again? Stop it Sidney!

She scanned Jackie for a while but young girl just shrugged.

“OK, I ask another question, alright?” Nadia asks again and again only a nod. I look at Nelly who is listening to them without blinking. “Why do you think I’m, again how you said, beautiful and amazing?” Nadia doesn't look back, she continues watching Jackie shrugging again but now she speaks aloud.

“Because…” she stops for a second and gazed down on her fingers which are playing with the blanket but then speaks again.

”You are! You have beautiful eyes, soft skin and hair, the body that every woman would kill for and personality that everybody has to love. I’m nothing against you. And you’re top model for God sake, and… and I’ll never be one.” Jackie starts to sob and I could see a tear on her cheek. Looking at Jordan who looks shocked as well as me, I glance at Nadia who is taken aback by Jackie, I could say. She is watching her and I think maybe wondering of what to do or say next.

“Why do you think, that’s a beauty?” Nadia finally manages to say and shock all of us in the room. Jackie doesn't look that she wants to answer her so Nadia continues.

“I’ll tell you this and I want you to remember it. And you too, Nelly.” Nadia says and Nelly nods but Jackie stays at her place and doesn't do a thing. With sight Nadia go on.

“Beauty isn't define, because everybody has own mind about beauty. You think I’m beautiful. I otherwise think you’re beautiful and do not dare to think I only pity you. Why do you think you aren't beautiful? Because you haven’t got hair?” Jackie nods slowly; lifts her gaze up on Nadia. She sight again.

“But that’s not what makes people beautiful. We can’t choose which item makes somebody beautiful. It’s just your opinion, nothing less. Please believe me, when I say that you are beautiful and when somebody thing otherwise than that human is dumb ass.” At the end of her monologue Jordan and I are laughing and Nelly is smiling from ear to ear. Jackie is looking at Nadia but then starts smiling too.

Glancing back at Jordan, don’t want to interrupt the atmosphere, who nods at me to encourage me to speak a hesitantly clear my throat.

“So girls, you” I point at Jackie “are saying that you’ll never be a top model. Well, we could see that both of you like fashion and we were speaking with your parents too…” my eyes find Nadia’s and she is grinning like a little so I let her talk instead of me.

“I've talked with some of my friends and they agreed to make you two models for their new catalogue for the winter collection beside Me.” she cheers and jumps on her place till she finishes the news. Both girls’ eyes widen in shock and then jumped from beds toward Nadia and hug her. They thank her all over again and then turn towards me and Jordan and hug us too as well.

We say our goodbyes and leave them alone because nurse comes and the girls have to prepare for some of their surveys. Rest of our visits are pretty the same. Nadia has talk mostly with girls and us with boys. Finally leave the last room we go straight to lobby where everybody is waiting. I spot my teammates and Jordan goes to them but I stay with Nadia who is looking for her family. I watch her intensely, fighting in my head of what to do.

Just ask her out, my subconscious yelled at me.

But what if she says no?

Who I’m talking to! Of course she would say no.

You’ll never know if you don’t ask her. My subconscious continues to yell at me.

What are you waiting for? Sun to freeze? Just ask her. Maybe he is right and I should ask. Nothing happens without reason.

“What are you doing tonight, again?” I smile and pray she knows what the joke is. A sight of relief leaves my body when I see her smirks. “Again, I’m going to answer the same thing. I’m going to be bored my ass at my hotel room.” I try to stay serious but her laugh is so intoxicating and I have to laugh with her.

“What about going out, for some dinner and when we have private we can go to see some movie!” I ask again praying but this time I pray she would said yes.

“Sounds good to me.” she smiles that breathtaking smile and suddenly I couldn't catch my breath. We exchange our numbers and she gives me a name of hotel where she is staying. With that she spots her father, Mr. Lamosov with Mr. Goodall, kisses my cheek, whispering “Looking forward for toning.” and leaves. Ignoring glaring from her brothers I watch her greeted her father and looking back at me and...

WINKS at me.

Turn on my heels to my teammates, grinning like idiot and ready for my friends jokes I am thankful to God that management of Pittsburgh Penguins accepted invention for this charity and forced us to go here. My subconscious was nodding with proud and saying one thing.

Tonight will be unforgettable!