Status: Always working

Nothing Normal

Midnight Snack

“Ok we’re back! So stop sucking face!” Justin yells as he opens the door to Kelsey and Vivian’s.

“Nice try but we aren’t even sitting next to each other!” Blaine calls back.

“Well that’s no fun what are you doing?” Justin and Vivian walk into the den. Kelsey is sitting up in the middle of piles and piles of paper, glue, and craft supplies on the floor. Blaine is lying on the couch flipping through Kelsey’s iPhone.

“Kels, what are you doing?”

Kelsey rises up, “Working on the project for Italian class.”

Vivian rolls her eyes, “that isn’t even due until next week.”

Kelsey smiles and goes back to work, “that’s right, but I’ll have to help you on yours like the day before and I want to have mine done so I have time.”

Vivian laughed, “Yeah, that’s probably for the best.”

Justin laughed and poked Vivian in the ribs, “Lazy.” He teased.

“I’m not lazy.” Justin tickled her, “Ok...Ok, I am.”

Justin laughed, “So Blaine what are you doing?”

Blaine rose up and said, overly dramatic, “Inspiring through... SONG.”

Justin looked at his best friend and cracked up, “I am so sorry Kelsey. Has he made fun of your playlists, yet?”

“Yes, I have.” Blaine turned incredulously, “You need a playlist for every occasion, happy...sad....shower. And then you need one for every ty--” Blaine’s words are cut off abruptly when Kelsey’s hand covers his mouth.

“Ok, B, we get it.”

Justin raised his eyebrows, “B? You guys have cute little pet names now?”

Kelsey blushed a harsh red, keeping her over Blaine’s mouth firmly. Blaine just stared back at Justin and wiggled his eyebrows, suggestively.

“I tried to give him a nickname back in high school. Blainey Boo and Blainey Bear never stuck.”

Kelsey laughed. “Wonder why, Blainey Boo?” She asked teasingly. Blaine grimaced beneath her hand.
Kelsey turned back to Justin and Vivian, “What do you guys want to have for dinner? I was just going to cook something.”

Vivian raised her hand and jumped up and down like a little kid, “Oooo!...oooo!...me!... Pick me!”

Kelsey rolled her eyes and smiled at her friend, “What do you want?”

Vivian lowered her hand and squinted in thought. “Spaghetti?” She said unsure.

Justin smiled and spun Vivian into him, “That sounds perfect.”

Vivian leaned in and kissed Justin, but Kelsey broke it up quickly, clearing her throat. “Ok well you two have to go get noodles. I will start the sauce.”

Vivian interrupted. “Homemade?” She asked hopeful.

Kelsey nodded, “Homemade.” She assured.

“Ok, we'll go and--” Justin stopped when Kelsey squealed.

She jumped back and immediately swatted at Blaine. “What the --? Blaine?!”

Blaine smirked.

Kelsey continued, “Why would --? You licked me!’

He smiled, “I did.”

Kelsey turned to him, “Oh, you are so getting it.”

Blaine pulled her close, “Am I?”

She gave him the best death stare she could, “Oh, yes, you are.”

“Well as adorable as this is me and Viv are gonna head out and get your noodles.” Justin and Vivian headed out, leaving Kelsey and Blaine alone.

When Kelsey was satisfied that Blaine had been tickled enough, she headed into the kitchen to start cooking.

Blaine watched as she began to pull out all of the ingredients. “Do you need any help?”

“No, it’s ok, I got it.”

Blaine felt his phone buzz in his pocket.

Justin: Have you told her yet? :)

Blaine: No.

Justin: Dude just do it. She won’t care. She’s liked you so far and not for the things you’ve given her, why would it change? She’s not like the other girls. :)

Blaine: It’s not that I’ve just never told anyone. I don’t know where to start.

Justin: The beginning.

“Hey Blaine, can you get me a pot out of that top cabinet?”

Blaine shoved his phone in his pocket. “Yeah, I got it.”

Kelsey took the pan from him and went to put it on the stove and dump ingredients in it, when Blaine stopped her.

“I need to talk to you.” Kelsey looked up at Blaine there was something solemn in the way he was looking at her.

Kelsey couldn’t gather up anything but a simple, whispered, “Ok.”

Blaine turned off the stove and led her over to the couch. Kelsey sat with one of her legs bent and the other hanging off the couch, facing him. Blaine sat in silence for the longest playing with his fingers.

After the silence had gotten too much for her Kelsey leaned forward and took one of his hands.
“Blaine? You don’t have to be nervous to tell me something.”

She had a good idea what this was about. Vivian about a month ago had mentioned about Blaine’s past to Justin but Kelsey was close enough to hear it. Justin had quickly shushed her and motioned to Kelsey. Vivian had shut her mouth and had kept it shut since. Even when Kelsey tried to get it out of her she wouldn’t say anything which she was sure was killing Vivian. She hated keeping something from her best friend. All she would ever say was, “Blaine needs to tell you,” and “Don’t pressure him into telling you. He needs to in his own time.”

Blaine looked up and nodded. Kelsey watched, expectantly as he took a deep breath and began.
“When I was little, I didn’t get to see my dad just a whole lot. He was always gone for work. I was always really jealous of my friends, their dads were always with them, playing ball, going for ice cream, yard work...gosh I was even jealous of that because they got to spend it with their dad. Me and my dad talked on the phone every night and he would seen me gifts from wherever he was...Tokyo, Moscow, London, Paris, and wherever else he was. But it just wasn’t the same. Anyway as I got older I started to realize how much more money we had, how much bigger our house was, how much more stuff, and how much nicer our stuff was than the other kids. I remember asking my mom about why we had it as opposed to Justin and his family. She told me that when dad was off working all the time that he was making a lot of money for it and that he was what you would call a millionaire.”

Kelsey laughed, “that’s your big secret your parents are REALLY rich. I could think of worse qualities in a boyfriend.”

Blaine smiled a sad smile, “no.” He cleared his throat, he could feel it constricting. “Um...actually...I’m the one that is the millionaire... now.”

Kelsey tilted her head and frowned, confused. “What do you mean ‘now’?”

Blaine moved his thumb over her knuckles and looked on the verge of tears. “My parents...they...uh...died.”

Kelsey’s hand shot up to her mouth. She didn’t know what to say, she wanted to help as she saw that
Blaine had started to cry. “Oh,” she breathed out.

Blaine laughed embarrassed and tried to wipe the tears away. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to start crying,
I’ve just never...really...TOLD anyone. Everyone that was around me just knew and if they didn’t I never told. Not many people here know. And today is the anniversary.”

Blaine sniffled and Kelsey leaned forward, “Blaine, I’m so sorry.”

“No it’s really fine just around this time each year, I get sad all over again.” Blaine choked out.

Kelsey wrapped him in a hug and they just sat embracing in silence. Both of them had begun to sniffle. Kelsey felt a few tears run down her cheek; she hated seeing Blaine like this. He was usually so strong, confident, and sure of himself. Now he just felt...broken.

Blaine pulled away and wiped his face, giving her that million-dollar smile again. Oh my gosh, it is really worth a million dollars, Kelsey thought.

She bit her lip, “So, this means you’re a millionaire?”

Blaine nodded, smirking.

Kelsey thought for a moment, “This kind of explains everything. New York, Rockefeller Center, the crazy expensive gifts you give and act like they’re nothing, the car you and Justin bought us because we said we needed one and liked that style.” Blaine nodded, Kelsey continued, “I’m assuming that was more you than Justin.” Blaine nodded again. “Ok, good to know.”

Blaine looked at her as she seemed to still be thinking. Might as well go ahead and just ask her. “Are you going to feel any different about me, now?”

“What do you mean?” Kelsey asked.

“I mean most girl cling to me when they find out how much money I have.”

Kelsey looked at him a moment longer and then leaned forward. She kissed him for a long time before breaking apart. “I promise that you are no different to me. You are the same you and I’m not going to use you for the money. I’ve stayed with you this long, before I knew; the money doesn’t change how I feel about you.” She leaned forward and kissed him again, “I love you, B.”

Blaine smiled against her lips, “I love you more.”

“I love you the most,” Kelsey challenged.

He smiled and winked at her, “Doubt it.”

“Ahhh the two lovebirds at it again,” Justin called as he and Vivian walked through the door of the apartment.

Blaine smirked and moved away from Kelsey keeping one of his hands resting on her lower back. “So did y’all get the noodles?”

Justin and Vivian looked down at the bags filled with things...everything but noodles.

“Um... yeah... no.” Vivian said.’

Kelsey laughed and motioned toward the table. “Well let’s see what you guys did get?”

The couple dumped everything out on the table and beamed proudly. Justin stepped forward and began to point out things, “Chocolate covered strawberries because Vivian loves them.

Kelsey nodded, “Of course.”

“Puffy cheetos for me cause they’re delicious.”

“Ew, really?” Kelsey exclaimed.

Blaine laughed next to her, “yeah, I know right.”

Justin punched Blaine in the shoulder and continued, “Gummi bears for--”

“For me!” Blaine interrupted and snatched them off the table.

Justin quickly snatched them and laid them back on the table. “For both you and Kelsey, because apparently you both like them.”

Blaine turned and looked at Kelsey as if he had heard the most beautiful thing in his life. “Really? You like them too?” he asked hopefully.

Kelsey smiled, “Well, no, I LOVE them!”

Blaine grabbed her and kissed her firmly on the lips, “Oh, gosh, I love you so much more now. I always wanted a girlfriend that tasted like gummi bears and now since I know you like them I can force you to eat them so you taste like freaking delicious when we kiss. And you already taste like hot cocoa all the time, so you're halfway there.”

“Barf, hey you two focus back in I can practically feel the sexual tension between you two.” Justin said, shortly. Blaine pulled away winking at Kelsey.

"Then we got Chinese food as our dinner and pizza too for those of us that don't like Chinese." Justin cut his eyes toward Vivian, who rolled her eyes and punched him.

Vivian took the only remaining bag, "and this is just everything else, just cause."

Kelsey watched as everything from Skittles to Doritos to every kind of drink. "So basically you two got everything except noodles?"

Vivian giggled, "did you expect anything else? I'm terrible about paying attention and doing what needs to get done and the genius over here," she pointed to Justin. "Has the attention span of a dog."

"Hey! That's not true-- SQUIRREL!" Justin exclaimed jokingly.

"See!" Vivian laughed along.

Justin pulled her in close, "oh, but you love me." He kissed her roughly. Vivian smiled into the kiss until Justin deepened it and pulled away.

Vivian smiled her eyes still closed, "and gosh do I love you!"

Justin smiled and turned back to Kelsey and Blaine. "Ok y'all pick out some movies and me and Viv will get plates, silverware, and all this to the den."

"Ok," Blaine and Kelsey raced each other and sat down in front of the movies, arguing loudly about the choice.

Justin and Vivian walked back from the kitchen with wine glasses, Vivian insisted that they use wine glasses since they were drinking sparkling grape juice which she had made him buy at the store because Kelsey and her loved it. Justin laughed when he saw Kelsey putting in a movie smirking and
Blaine lying in the floor with his hand to the back of his head, a grimace on her face.

Justin laughed again, "What happened there Blainey Boo?"

Blaine smiled and sat up, still rubbing the back of his head. "Kels, didn't agree with my choice and when I tried to disagree with hers she hit me in the back of my head and told me to deal with it."

Vivian laughed, "Kels, that's not nice!"

Kelsey just turned with her hands on her hips. "Well I got what I wanted didn't I?"

Vivian laughed at her as Justin began to put the food out. After whining and ultimately MAKING Kelsey kiss his head better, which turned into a mini make-out, Blaine finally got up and joined them. They
all ate in comfortable silence.

After they were done, Vivian asked, "Alright Kels, what did you pick?"

"A walk to remember."

"Aww, I love that movie," Vivian voiced.

Kelsey smiled, "Who doesn't? Oh wait," she turned to face Blaine, critically.

They finally all snuggled up in their respective couples on separate couches and started the movie.

Blaine was too distracted by Kelsey to pay attention. She seemed so into the movie but he spent his time admiring her, running his hand gently up and down her arm, and giving her small kisses as he ran his fingers through her soft hair. Toward the end, Blaine felt Kelsey begin to fidget.

Blaine leaned in and whispered softly in Kelsey's ear. "Kels, baby, are you ok?"

Kelsey nodded violently.

Blaine kissed her ear, "Are you sure?"

"Yes," her voice broke and she sniffled.

"Kelsey, what's wrong?" Blaine asked, insistently.

"It's just this movie. It makes me sad all over again every time." Kelsey said meekly, snuggling deeper into Blaine.

Blaine smiled and pressed a kiss in her hair. He turned to see Justin and Vivian curled up together on the couch across from them asleep. He then got an idea, as he saw the credits start to roll.

"You know what goes great after watching a movie I love."

Kelsey smiled against his chest, "Watching it again?"

Blaine laughed slightly, "No...Ice cream."

"We don't have any."

"That's ok follow me." Blaine pulled her of the couch and told her to go put on something warm. It was the beginning of November and it had already gotten freezing cold.

They both put on their shoes quietly, as not to wake Justin and Vivian and left.

Kelsey snuggled into Blaine after they had walked several blocks in silence. "It is freezing cold, so tell me why again we are going to get ice cream. Also it's 2 o'clock in the morning, I don't think anyway is
going to be open."

Blaine smiled, "Don't worry about that." He stopped in front of a closed ice cream shop and pulled out his keys. "I've got that covered." He unlocked the door.

Kelsey looked at him in confusion. "Why do you have a key to an ice cream shop?"

Blaine smile, "I know a guy."

Kelsey crossed her arms not satisfied with that answer.

"Fine, growing up after my parents...uh...you know...I kinda looked for a home away from home. This was mine, well here and the stage." Blaine wrapped his arm around Kelsey, leading her in. "So my senior year was a rough year for no reason in particular and I was here a lot finally the guy that runs it, Carlos, gave me a key to get in whenever I wanted. Carlos is kinda like my second dad. He's a great guy. I need to bring you to meet him."

Kelsey smiled; he led her to the back where she found herself in front of a tin of different ice creams and toppings. Blaine began to grab a scoop. "What do you want? I can also fix whatever topping you want."

Kelsey eyed everything. "Um...surprise me."

Blaine smiled, "ok." He began to scoop ice cream and sort out toppings.

Kelsey went next to where he was working and sat on the counter next to him. "So is there anything else I should know about you? You're a millionaire, insanely talented, have the key to an ice cream shop you can use whenever, and are just the absolute perfect boyfriend ever. Oh and sexy as ill get out."

Blaine leaned in and kissed her softly, "No, I think that's it."

Kelsey smiled, "Good to know."

Blaine handed her a cup of ice cream and took his place on the counter next to her. They both ate in silence.

"Gosh I'm going to have to come here more often. This is so good," Kelsey said with her mouth full.
She smiled when she realized Blaine had ice cream on his face. "You got some on you."

Blaine lifted up a napkin but kept missing it. Kelsey smiled, "I can get it." She sat down her ice cream and took the napkin from him, wiping his cheek delicately. Blaine looked into Kelsey's eyes Kelsey smiled as she wiped his cheek and leaned in kissing it gently.

Blaine turned and pressed his lips against hers and mumbled, "I love you Kels."

She smiled against his lips, "I love you too, B."

They leaned their foreheads together and smiled, looking deeply at the other. Blaine was the first to look away. It was as if something had hit him and he looked away with a face of fear plastered on his own. He hopped off the counter and walked to throw his trash away.

"Are you ok?" Kelsey asked, concerned.

"Yeah," Blaine said unconvincingly "I'm just tired we should get back."

Blaine took her hand and led her outside, turning to lock the door behind them. "We better get home.
Justin and Viv are like little kids they are fine when they are asleep but if they are awake anything could happen."

Kelsey laughed, "I love you, B." She was trying to get the feeling that something was wrong with him out of her head. And he had seen jolted just moments earlier by the same words.

"Yeah, I love you, too." He said and after several hesitant moments pressed a kiss in her hair.

Kelsey knew something was wrong, but she decided for the time being to ignore it. Maybe I'm just
making it up in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
What's with Blaine? Hey, guys this is Caroline (the real life Kelsey). After this me and Kollie wrote two different places for where to go with this. I'm going to post the chapter we decided to go with if you are interested in the other way we considered going then comment or message us and we will personally send it to you. I really loved both chapter we wrote we just decided the one I'm going to post was better. Thank you for reading this far! Comment and subscribe! Any support and comment is appreciated! Love you all! Mahal Kita! Ciao Bella!