Status: Always working

Nothing Normal

About Rain

"We just have to stop by for a minute and then I promise we can officially start our first date as boyfriend and girlfriend."

Kelsey blushed at the thought, Boyfriend and girlfriend, I like that.

Kelsey followed him through the door. It was the same one he had brought her through when he had brought her on the picnic. They were now standing on the stage. Kelsey remembered this was right where Blaine had first told her he liked her. Gosh that feels like yesterday.

"Blaine! Thanks for dropping by on short notice. And my dear Kelsey," Malcolm took her hand and have it a light kiss. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Kelsey giggled, “Well me and my amazing boyfriend were about to head out on our first official date when his hair-brain, nonsense of a student director made us postpone it a bit.”

Malcolm smiled, Kelsey had really enjoyed Malcolm since the first day she had met him for the paint fight. “Yeah, sounds like a real jerk, but I’m sure he’s sorry and will hurry up.”

"He better.”

Malcolm laughed, “Alright, Blaine come on Mrs. Lynch thinks we need new sound equipment. To assure her we don’t I’m having you and Paige do a sound check so she can see what you sound like on the system.”

Blaine nodded, following him on the stage, “sounds simple enough. But where’s Paige?”

Malcolm twisted around looking, “Shit. Guys, where is Paige? I told her to be here twenty minutes ago for costume measurements so that she would be around for this sound check.”

A young looking girl knee deep in wiring spoke up, “I just got off the phone with her. She said that she was too busy today to come in.”

Malcolm rolled his eyes, “And what was she doing, exactly?”

The girl looked up apologetically, “Shopping.”

“Of course. Well what am I supposed to do now? I wanted you guys to do a duet to test how it works with two voices and now I can’t? I guess you can just do a solo.”

Blaine nodded, but then stopped. “I could, or...” He looked over to where his girlfriend was talking with someone in costumes.

He saw Malcolm thinking the same thing, “Can she sing?”

Blaine smiled, “Kelsey, sweetheart?”

Kelsey perked up at her boyfriend’s loving tone. “Yes?”

“Would you mind helping us for a minute?” Kelsey looked confused. “Paige didn’t show and he needs to hear a duet, I was wondering if...”

Kelsey looked at him incredulously, “Blaine seriously?” He nodded, “But...There are people around... and I’m not that good.”

Blaine stepped forward and gave her a deep kiss that left her breathless. “Please, Kels, we would appreciate it and you are too good.”

Kelsey looked into his eyes; he seemed to really want her to do this, “Fine, but no judging.” She turned to Malcolm and pointed menacingly. He held up his hands in defense.

“Great do you know 'tonight' from West Side Story?” Blaine asked handing her a microphone.

Kelsey smiled, “Who doesn’t?”

The recorded track began to play. Kelsey wiggled slightly wanting to relieve some of her nervous tension. Blaine smiled and leaned forward, “Pretend to be in character, ok? Maria?”

Kelsey smiled, “Ok, Tony,” she said with a light peck to his cheek. Kelsey stepped away from him and began to sing out the first line.

Only you, you're the only thing I'll see forever
In my eyes in my words and in everything I do
Nothing else but you
Ever

Blaine was slightly distracted as he watched Kelsey sing it flawlessly. She looked absolutely amazing.
He almost missed his cue, but in time, stepped forward grabbing her hand and making her look in his eyes as he sang his lines. He was acting as Tony would have opposite his Maria but all of Blaine’s emotions that he was expressing with his eyes were his own.

And there's nothing
For me but Maria
Every sight that I see is Maria

Kelsey smiled she had only seen him look this way one other time, when they sang ‘Glad You Came’ together as his warm up. She smiled and melted into him. She laid her head against his chest as she sang and he held her tight. The perfect Tony and Maria.

Tony, Tony

Blaine pulled her away from his chest still holding her tightly and looked into her eyes as he sang.

Always you, every thought I'll ever know
Everywhere I go you'll be

Kelsey smiled and joined in the next few lines with him. Their voices fitting together in perfect unison.

All the world is
Only you and me

Blaine drifted off letting Kelsey sing the next lines solo. His very own flawless Maria.

Tonight, tonight
It all began tonight
I saw you and the
World went away

Blaine smiled and unwrapped her from his arms, taking her hand in his own as he began to lead her around the stage as they both sang together. He lifted her and placed her on the piano, continuing to sing in perfect unison.

Tonight, tonight
There's only you tonight
What you are, what you
Do, what you say

This time it was Kelsey turn to drift off as she felt her body excite with electricity. He leaned in gently caressing her face as she melted, contently, under the touch. Blaine sang as he too felt excitement take him over too.

Today, all day I
Had the feeling
A miracle would happen
I know now I was right

Blaine gently tugged her off the piano and began to ballroom dance her across the stage. She smiled and continued to sing despite the fact she wanted to laugh out of enjoyment. She could hear both her and Blaine’s voices echo through the large area as they sang together.

For here you are
And what was just a
World is a star
Tonight

Tonight, tonight
The world is full of light
With suns and moons
All over the place

Tonight, tonight
The world is wild and bright
Going mad
Shooting sparks into space

Today, the world was
Just an address
A place for me to live in
No better than alright

But here you are
And what was just a
World is a star
Tonight

Both Blaine and Kelsey stopped dancing and stayed center stage. They both stared into the other’s eyes. Kelsey’s were glowing while the sparkle in Blaine’s eye was almost blinding. They finished the song out with soft voices as they sang.

Good night, good night
Sleep well and when you dream
Dream of me
Tonight

The music cut off and Blaine smiled. He leaned forward covering Kelsey’s mouth with his own. He lost himself in the kiss as did Kelsey until the applause of all the cast and crew interrupted them. Kelsey pulled away and looked at them. Everyone that had been working earlier was now standing on the floor in front of the stage clapping enthusiastically. She hadn’t even noticed any of them before right now.

Blaine laughed next to her as Malcolm took to the stage. “That was amazing. Kelsey earlier you said you weren’t that good, you were right...you are GREAT!”

Kelsey blushed when down on the floor an older woman spoke up, “Have you ever acted?”

Kelsey turned her attention to her, the woman wasted no time making it up on the stage. “Kelsey? Is it?” She asked politely. Kelsey nodded, so the woman continued, “I’m Mrs. Lynch, Kelsey that was amazing. You and Blainey definitely have chemistry.” She elbowed Blaine playfully and continued,
“And you have an amazing voice both vital to doing Maria justice. So how would you like the role of
Maria, opposite this guy’s Tony?”

Kelsey stood mouth agape, in utter shock, “But...I...uh...I’ve never...I’ve never really done anything like this.”

“I’m sure you can learn if you’re willing to try. You seem to have the hard stuff down already.” The woman smiled reassuringly, “So what do you say?”

Kelsey turned with wide eyes to Blaine, who nodded and smiled widely, squeezing her hand gently.
Kelsey turned back and smiled at Mrs. Lynch, “Ok, I’ll do it.”

Mrs. Lynch clapped enthusiastically, “Great. Malcolm will get you a schedule and get with Claudia for measurements before you leave.” Kelsey nodded and Mrs. Lynch left with a hearty, “Welcome, aboard.”

Kelsey turned to say something to Blaine when the stage door slammed open with a large flourish, “I have arrived.” A girl walked through, announcing loftily.

Malcolm grimaced, “Shit.”

The girl walked up to Blaine, wrapped her arms around his neck, and leaned in to give him a big kiss on the lips. He turned his head in time to make it nothing more than a kiss to the cheek. He gently shoved her away and wrapped his arm around Kelsey’s waist. “Paige, I would like you to meet Kelsey, my GIRLFRIEND.”

Kelsey politely stuck her hand out but the girl ignored it instead choosing to analyze every aspect of Kelsey. She gave her a look of disapproval and turned away from her toward Malcolm, still ignoring Kelsey’s hand. Kelsey instantly became self-conscious. She began to play with the hem of her shirt.

Blaine grabbed her hand and pulled it up to his lips giving it a gentle kiss. He mouthed, you look amazing.

Kelsey nodded and turned back to where Paige and Malcolm now stood talking. Paige looked confused, “What do you mean you don’t need me?”

Malcolm looked at her coldly, “You’ve been replaced.”

Paige looked at him incredulously, “What do you mean I’ve been replaced? Who could you have possibly found to replace me?”

Malcolm smiled and gestured toward Kelsey. Paige turned her eyes on Kelsey. “Her? That’s who you found? Look at her? She’s dressed poorly and isn’t even attractive.”

Blaine spoke up, “Paige!”

“No, honestly, Blaine, why are you even dating her? You could do so much better. You break up with me and then go out with,” she gestured up and down Kelsey’s figure, “this. Really?”

Malcolm is the next to speak. “Paige, you’re being a jerk!”

“Oh, really, I’m being a jerk? Who gave you the right to take my part from me?” She asked Malcolm.

“First off, it was Mrs. Lynch who gave her the part and second off, three strikes and you’re out. You missed three call-ins in a row. You know that gives us the right to strip you of your part.”

Paige rolled her eyes, “Whatever. Just call me when you realize you can’t do it without me.”
Malcolm rolled his eyes too, “Don’t hold your breath.”

Paige brushed past Blaine, giving him on the cheek. She stopped in front of Kelsey, leaning into her ear. “Enjoy him while you have him. He’ll end up with me, when he sees that he’s too good for you.”

Blaine, Kelsey, and Malcolm all stood silent until she left. Malcolm left mumbling about how much he hated her. Blaine turns toward Kelsey. He can tell that she is seriously considering everything that
Paige said about her.

Blaine grabs her hand and pulls her to a corner backstage where no one is. He sits down next to her on a couch. Blaine takes her head in his hands, “Kelsey?”

She brings her eyes to meet his. “Everything she said means nothing. None of it is true. She is just a spoiled brat and was mad that she got her part taken from her finally. I’ve been waiting for someone to come by and take it from her she never does anything. She never deserves the iconic roles she gets.” Kelsey just looks away, “Kels, you are the most amazing person I’ve ever met. You are beautiful and mean the world to me. I wouldn’t trade you for anything because I still don’t understand why someone as amazing as you would ever even consider someone like me. Don’t ever doubt that, ok?”

Kelsey smiles and nods. Before he can react she has captured his lips in her own. She is kissing him furiously, taking his breath away. He smiles against her lips, “You are so amazing.”

She laughs, “Am I?”

Blaine smiles broadly, “Yes. I mean how could you not be with a boyfriend as amazing as I am.”

Kelsey leans in and kisses him again. “Oh really?” She laughs against his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night after they finally go on their date, Kelsey smiles and hugs up closer to Blaine. It was late and the kind of cold that cuts straight to your bones.

He glances down and his hazel eyes, glowing green, catch hers and Blaine pulls away from her. “Here take this,” he removes his jacket.

As she slides her arms in the sleeves, his oversized jacket envelopes her. Kelsey flails her arms around, it makes the sleeves flap just like a bird’s wings.

He laughs as her tanned face lights up. Her deep brown eyes dance as she laughs. The brown, soft curls of her hair bounce up and down.

Blaine hugs her and keeps an arm around her as they began to walk again. They continue to follow the sidewalk and soon come into the open from under the covering that had shielded them from the night sky. Not a single star shone in the sky. All were surely hidden by dense, dark clouds.

Kelsey stops and stares at Blaine. He was a few steps away from her and stands with a puzzled expression on his face. “Kels?” He smiles, nervously, and reaching his hand toward her.

She takes it but still doesn’t move to his side. He tilts his head, “Are you ok?”

A smile spreads across her face. “Yeah,” she laughs embarrassedly, “Sorry.”

Blaine takes her in his arms again, “That’s ok. What were you thinking about?” He squeezes her tightly, “…That was more important than me?”

Kelsey returns his tight embrace and lays her head on his arm, closing her eyes. “I was thinking of how lucky I am. To be here for one of the most amazing nights with THE most amazing person I’ve ever met.”

Blaine pushes her away and looks her in the eyes. His eyes sparkle in the dim moonlight. “I love you.” Before she can respond he leaned in and kisses her gently. She blushes and says, "I love you, too, B," against his lips.

As he pulls away from her, a few raindrops fall on his cheek and the clouds waste no time, for a few moments later it starts to pour.

Kelsey looks up and starts laughing, “Just our luck.” She begins to run for cover. He takes off after her.

When he catches up to her, Blaine throws his arms around her waist and lifts her up spinning her around. Until he falls to the ground dizzy, she falls with him.

They both lay on the wet grass, feeling the rain fall over them, and laugh.

Kelsey jumps up, “We’re getting soaked.” She reaches down and Blaine takes her hand. She begins to pull him toward the covering.

He stops and pulls against her arm, jerking her back toward him.

“Blaine! What are you doing?” She exclaims through laughter. “Let’s dance,” he takes her other hand in his.

“Blaine, it’s raining.”

He smiles and pulls her closer and starts swaying. “So?”

Kelsey laughs and loosens up. She starts swaying along with him. “There isn’t even any music.”

“I’ll take care of that.” Blaine starts humming one of her favorite songs, well it wasn’t before this but she decides in that moment from now on that it would be her favorite song.

The rain begins to come down even harder and Blaine begins to turn his hums into words. She hasn’t ever really stepped back to acknowledge it but he had a really great voice. It was very smooth and comforting, like something from a dream.

I hope you like dancing in the rain.
I’ll spin you around and pull you back to me.
I sure am glad you wore that dress it reminds me of the night we first met.
I hope you love the evenings in July when I’m starin’ at you through my green eyes
And we could be fine. We could be fine, fine, fine.

Each lyric that leaves his mouth makes Kelsey fall more and more in love with this moment and with him. She wishes that against all odds they could get stuck in this moment and live in it forever. That they would never have to leave. That she could stay as happy as she was in this moment and that everything would pass them by. Leaving them to each other, this for both of them was more than enough.

Kelsey knows that any second it will stop raining, or he will stop singing and dancing, or that the moment will just simply end as fast as it had come. She knew it would end eventually but that as long as she had Blaine it wouldn’t matter because for every second with him it was new moment. A moment that would take her breath away… a moment that would steal her heart. A moment in which all she could think was, I love you, too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys! It's Caroline<3 Hope you liked it! I got to use two of my favorite songs in the SAME CHAPTER!!!!! 'Tonight' from West Side Story and 'About Rain' by Sequoyah Prep School (friends of mine) so EXCITED!!!!!! Hope you liked it! Comment and subscribe. Tell me what you think about me using songs more! Good idea or bad idea? Thank you for reading this far it means the world to me and Kollie (Bestest Friend EVER!!!) Oh and for those wondering (Kelsey = Caroline, Vivian = Kollie) The characters are our fictional counterparts. Thank you for everything! Mahal Kita! Ciao Bella! Ready, set,... Start missing me!