Status: Still Writting But I Need More Subscribers and Comments(:

Pursuit of Happiness

Detention

"You walking?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"I'll walk you."

"Kay."

"That was some game you got back there," he said as we walked.

"Well yeah, like you said, it takes practice."

"How'd you get so good though?"

"Well back in the streets of oakland we all just rolled around doing nothin but basketball, or drugs and gangs. It was one or the other. Or even both, I just stuck with basketball and some of the guys back there had been playing their whole life, so I learned some tricks."

"Wow, I heard oakland's nice."

"Oh yeah? Its not always what you hear, oakland can be though, gettiing through by yourself cause nobody's gonn help you."

"Alone? Seriously?"

"Yeah, they see you getting beat up, if your not something to them they let you get beat up, they dont know you, so why would they help you, thats what they always say."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" I asked

"For bringing it up."

"Ah its alright," I sighed, "Hey I have a question," I said as I walked infront of him facing him.

"Fire away," he spoke smiling.

"Why did you come up to me today at lunch?" I asked, "Not to be rude or anything."

He chuckled and answered,"I just thought.. you would feel better with company."

I smiled and walked foward, "I usually don't get so comfortable the first day I meet someone but, you are really cool."
"Thanks."

We got to my house.

"Hey I-I'm not into relationships and stuff like that sooo...." I said feeling a bit awkward.

"I promise I won't fall in love. Just friends." He said smiling. I nodded and smiled back.

"Soo umm, I guess I should get home," he said.

"Do you want me to give you a ride?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm good walking"

"Well bye," I said waving.

"Bye." He smiled a crooked smile then started walking away.

"Oh! Hey Justin!" I yelled.

"Yeah?" He turned around.

"Nice game! Thanks for walking me though." I said

"No problem."

So I walked upstairs and into my room. I placed my backpack down and sat on my bed. I looked around and saw all the boxes still unpacked. I sighed and laid back. Hmm better get my homework done. I took my shoes off and got into something comfortable. I sat down and got my books out.

"Hey Es, I'm going out, be back later."

I looked up and my mother was standing there wearing some shorts and a tank top. "Okay," I said. There was nothing much I COULD say. I started doing my homework then got distracted by the TV, then went downstairs to eat a snack. I turned the radio up to one of my favorite songs. I sang along as I made my sandwhich. I carried my food to the table. On my way I saw someone through the window in the backyard. "Ahhh!" I screamed. I placed my food down and ran towards the counter to get a knife. I walked outside and the guy stood still. "What do you want?!" I asked.

"Please don't kill me!"

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm your next door neighbor, I just came here to say welcome. Don't kill me."

"And thats how you greet someone? By getting into their backyard and scaring them?" I asked.

"Sorry!"

I looked at my knife and put it down. "Um, so whats your name?"

"Drake."

"Oh I'm Esmeralda, Nice to meet you."

"Yeah, well I better go, welcome, oh here I brought you some pie."

"Thanks." I took the pie and let him out. "Wait! How'd you get in here?"

"Theres a board in your backyard that flips, I walked in through there."

"Oh, thanks for the pie," I walked back in and ate my sandwhich. Then I walked back upstairs to try to finish my homework.

Next Day
"Esmeralda!"

I woke up and jumped in my seat. "Yes?"

"I see you didn't sleep so well," Mrs. Mason said.

I mumbled,"Well with all the homework you give, I'm suprised these people get an hour of sleep."

"What?! What did you just say? Are you talking back to me?! That is rude and disrespectful, go to the office!" She gave me a pink slip and I walked to the office. I yawned and walked in the office. Ryan was sitting down at the waiting area. I smiled at him and handed the secretary my pink slip.

"Have seat, I'll call you up," she said in a grumpy way.
I sat down next to Ryan.

"Pink slip on your second day?" He chuckled

"Yeah, whats the pink slip for?" I asked.

"Its sort of like a detention, you get sent to a different room doing work."

"Oh, why are you here?" I asked.

"Pink slip too. How'd you get yours?"

"I told Mrs. Mason that with all the homework she gives, I'm suprised anyone gets an hour of sleep."

"She deserves it, I have her 4th period. But i never do her homework." He told me.

"Good." I said laughing.

"Esmeralda Rosas?"

"Right here," I stood up waiting for the secretary to tell me what room i needed to go to.

"203 untill the bell rings," She handed me a slip. I sighed and waved bye to Ryan. I walked to room 203 and opened the door. A paper airplane flew towards my face. I moved away. There were people dancing, people yelling people fighting. This is crazy! I sat down and took a notebook out. A few minutes later someone poked my shoulder. I turned to see who it was

"We meet again," Ryan chuckled as he sat down.

"Whats up with everyone?" I asked.

"This is detention with no supervision, would you actually do work?" He asked taking his phone out.

"I have nothing else to do." I also took my phone out. I might as well text my old friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment! Thank you so much (: