Status: Finished

Scream for Me Baby, Just Like She Did.

Two

“This just in!” A woman’s voice blared out into the living room as Kayden took her seat on the corner of the couch, tilting her head to the side and perking a brow at the reporter on the screen as she continued to explain her story. “A woman was found earlier this morning in one of the deeper trails in Dalton.”

Kayden’s eyes snapped up to lock on the television, her mouth forming a small circle as she stared intently at the screen. Her mother had been missing for several hours, what if this woman was her mother? Kayden’s heart dropped as she turned toward the phone before pursing her lips.

“Daddy!” she could feel her breath catch in her throat as her father walked into the living room as she pointed at the television. “They found a woman… What if it’s momma?” her eyes began to tear up at the possibility that her mother was murdered and god knows what else beforehand. Allen glanced toward the set before looking at his daughter, then pulling his cell phone out of his pocket and dialing the local police to follow up on his missing persons call earlier as he walked back out of the room.

Kayden was once again left to her thoughts, which were now running wild. She couldn't get it out of her head; she had a deep, dark feeling that it was her mother and couldn't shake the disgusting sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. She had no clue what she would do without her real mother, of course she had Allen, her step-father, but if that woman was her mother, she’d only have one other blood relative alive who had been stationed in Japan over a year ago. Her eyes stung with threatening tears as she stood from the couch and turned to rush up the stairs and into her door with a quiet slam she fell into her bed and let a restless sleep take over her body.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Allen had set a time to go into the hospital to identify the body to see if it was Nicole who had been found earlier that day. What if it was her? What would he do? How would he react? He felt sick to his stomach and closed his eyes before rubbing his hands over his eyes. “Ugh.. Nicole....where are you?”

He had heard Kayden crying earlier which made him feel even worse, if this person was Nicole, then how would he explain this to Kay? Why was everything so much harder right now? Why couldn’t Nicole just walk through the door and just say she was out at the bar with some friends?

The time slowly went by as he waited for the appointed time to identify the body and his nerves grew worse, his mouth was dry and his throat was sore and his eyes were bloodshot. His body showed worry and scared as he made his way from the house along with Kayden to make their way to the hospital.

“Oh my god.”