Status: Finished

Scream for Me Baby, Just Like She Did.

Three

Kayden sniffled as she sat on the front pew in the funeral home, staring up at a dark auburn coffin that held her mother’s body in it. Her world was spinning and her heart felt cold; her mother is dead, and she was murdered by some sick freak, she could feel her blood boil deep in her veins and it was the only thing that felt it made her heart warmer again.

Allen took a glance at Kayden, to see the sneer of hatred the dark and cold look in her beautiful emerald eyes, the ones she shared with her mother. His eye took a glance toward the coffin before standing and moving to Kayden and placing a hand on her shoulder only for her to shrug him off and stand.

He noticed that and kept his mouth shut, she wanted time alone and he wasn't going to disturb her anymore, he just took a step back and crossed his arms and took his seat again and placing his face in his hands. Soon after he heard a strange creaking noise then a smell that he couldn't put his finger on as be looked up and much to his shock Kayden had opened the coffin to reveal the damage that was done to Nicole.

“Kayden!” Her eyes expanded at she set her eyes on her mother and suddenly her heart felt like it was going to break. “ Oh my god mommy…” she felt a new pang and slammed the coffin shut and ran out of the funeral home in harsh sobs and painful tears.

She ran all the way home, only to break one of her high heels. She crashed into her room and slammed her door and unlocked it before sliding down her door and screaming out followed by sobs ripping through her chest violently.

Allen returned home shortly after Nicole was buried, hearing Kayden’s cries causing him to scowl “Oh Kayden..” He made his way up the stairs to knock on her door, “Kay love?” He was only answered by cries which made him feel ten times worse “If you need me I’ll be in the room..” he almost said their, but then that’d make things worse for Kayden and he just wanted her to calm down.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A few hours passed and the sky was painted pink, purple, and blue as the sun was setting ; Kayden normally loved the sunset, but she couldn't bring herself to look at the beautiful sight as she knew that it would bring a stab to her heart because her mother would watch them with her. Instead she closed her eyes and released a heavy sigh the events of earlier flooding into her head, the images of her poor mother’s beaten face.

Kayden’s stomach churned as she stood up, moving to change into a shirt, sweat pants, and a pair of sneakers and bounded down the stairs and out the front door. She needed to get out and she wasn't going to go far, just to the park in the middle of the neighborhood.