Love Is Strange

I

Summer vacation, a time for having fun, not doing homework or going to school, and it's also about summer flings. I guess that was what I was most excited about when coming to America. Meeting new guys, forgetting about Antonio. He was my ex-boyfriend, and he was also a total psycho! He threatened to beat me up, or to kill my family. It was really scary, so my parents decided we should leave France. They did also want to go to America because my father had just gotten a job opportunity in New York.

My sister, Anna-Francine, was two years younger than me. Myself, I am almost twenty years old. Her and I are inseparable. We love each other to death. It's crazy how close we are; we tell each other everything and always keep secrets. I was very glad when Anna-Francine was finally warming up to the idea of America. She just kept thinking how dirty and filthy it was over there, but I reassured her.

Everything was going great, until my father got lost while we were driving up to the resort in the rental car. Kellerman's was the name of the Holiday resort. It was a lot like a country club, with all its luxuries. Tennis courts, pools, equestrianism, dance lessons, buffet tables, scavenger hunts, beauty competitions...

...the list is endless.

I plan on making this the summer of my life. I will love it here, and I already know it...

...Will I meet the man of my dreams also?
♠ ♠ ♠
It is short for this chapter, just to get the story out there for now.