Love Is Strange

II

When we finally got to Kellerman's, my father checked us into our new Presidential Suite of a cabin. It was gorgeous, high up in the mountains, and it had a great view. After unpacking and sorting everything out, my parents went down to the pool, and Anna-Francine wanted to go looking around. I decided I would go get information on the privileges I have here.

The receptionist gave me a brochure, and I looked through it, finding a few things that interested me...I couldn't do anything like gambling or drinking, but I sure could go swimming, or horseback riding, or even go for some dance lessons...the latter interested me enough for me to inquire about it.

"Is the dance instructor here any good?" I asked the young receptionist.

"Oh yes, Johnny Castle is the best instructor there is. He's been working here for a long time...he's also very, very handsome. The only reason he's still here is because his girl left him here, and he's waiting for her. She was some tramp from a big rich family...Not that there's anything wrong with being from a rich family..."

The woman was rambling too much for me, but I decided I would got check out the dance class. It started around 2 pm, and it was about twenty to two. I decided I would head over anyways, and check it out before I decided I might not like it, and it would be too late to change my mind.

The dance hall was huge, and the dance class was just a small part of it. Nevertheless, I'm sure the class could have fit close to fifty people, and dancing, mind you! The instructor was there, and the receptionist was right...he was quite handsome. He had a well toned body from what I could see underneath his tight, black muscle shirt. He smiled when he saw me, turned down the music and walked up to me.

"Hi there...I'm Johnny Castle...I uh...I'm the teacher. Class doesn't start for another ten minutes." he seemed very nervous.

"Oh yeah? Alright...I'll just get out of your hair for now, sir...Nice meeting you."

And with that, I walked out, shaking my hips from side to side as if to mimic dancing...

...Twenty minutes later, I was back, and late to his class. He didn't really seem impressed, but I was the least bit caring. Honestly, he was almost rude awhile ago. It was odd, and I didn't really think I was going to like this class.

He was teaching us basic stretches to perform before dancing, and how to have the right posture. It was starting to get fun, until he asked for a volunteer...

...and he picked my sister, Anna-Francine. I felt very jealous inside, and I just couldn't hide it. I walked out and stormed off. This dance class was obviously not for me, and I don't think it ever would. This guy is just so crazy...

...But why do I always want to be around him?

♡♡♡


A few days later, when I started getting into horseback riding, and my sister was continuing the dance classes, my mother asked me about Johnny and Anna-Francine. My mother said she had seen them quite together a lot. Rage built up inside of me, and I just couldn't take it...

I like Johnny Castle, and everything about him drives me crazy already...I want to get to know him, and I want what my sister has...

She's always been the beautiful one between us. I'm the brain. It's crazy, I always got really good grades, while she was the star of the plays and beauty contests. She still looked up to me, and wanted to be like me. I just wanted a great boyfriend for once...

...All guys basically hated me, because I was too much for them to handle. I guess you can say, I'm pretty sarcastic and hot-headed...and not to mention Antonio was just some psycho! That's my life, I either get no one or a psycho.

♡♡♡


The next morning, my sister asked if I would accompany her, Johnny and his cousin to brunch. It was going to be in the staff cafeteria, but we were allowed there. I let her know that I needed ten minutes to get ready, and that after, I would go with her.

My heart started beating rapidly at the thought of spending time with Johnny again. I wanted to start fresh, I wanted to start over. We could meet each other all over again.

My assumptions were true when my sister told it me was Johnny who requested I accompany her...