Love Is Strange

VI

When I got to the lobby of Kellerman's, Johnny surprised me with a single red rose. It was so romantic and so simple. He smiled, and took me by the hand. We took off in his car, and reached a dinner called "Kelly's Fine Eats". The place seemed cute and quiet, with an ambiance of a family restaurant during the day, and a romantic hideaway for first time couples by night. I was happy it wasn't so busy when we walked in, and sat in the booth the furthest from the door.

Johnny and I talked about our lives, and really got to know each other. It wasn't long before he was kissing me, and we were ready to leave. I really liked Johnny, and I knew that we would be alone in his bunkhouse soon enough.

Arriving at Kellerman's, I was proven wrong. I asked Johnny why he didn't want to make love to me, but he told me that now wasn't the time. He told me about Baby, and how he did still have strong feelings for her. She had met him last summer, and he had been her first love. She had awakened something in him that no one else, but me, have. He told me that he needed time to think about our situation.

I was a bit heartbroken, but I understood him. He left me at the front lobby, and kissed my cheek.

"I promise you, once I have figured this out, I will let you know how I feel. You are really special to me, Jolie...I just don't want either of us to get hurt." he left shortly after that.

The whole night, I thought of our evening together and wondered if we would ever feel this happy as we did now. Little did I know, Johnny would soon be out of a dance partner, and he would soon need another to compete in this season's dance competition. When he offered the part to me, I suggested my sister who was definitely a better dancer than I was.

"Doesn't matter. She's not you. I need the chemistry I had with Baby to win this competition, and you are the only other girl who gives me that chemistry..."

So I gave it a shot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short and it's been a long time. I have no computer and go to the library to write.