Status: Active. I will update everyday, every other day, OR every two days.

Degaussser.

Chapter Two.

~Just a note; this chapter will be switching POV's between Veda and Jordan. I will put who's POV it is at the beginning of each paragraph.~

Veda's POV:
My phone buzzed loudly on the table. I rub my eyes and reach for my phone. Jesse texted me.

From Jesse:
Hey, I left my sweatshirt at your house last night. Will you bring it to work with you today ? No worries if it's too late, I'll just pick it up later if.

Work... ? WORK. I'M LATE. But I thought I set my alarm ? I check my alarm. I set it for an hour later than what I was supposed to set it. I leap out of bed and head for my closet. I knew Jesse wouldn't be mad at me for being late, but I knew that the store needed all the help it could get with employees. It's also just good duty to always be at work on time.

'I can't be late.' I think to myself.

My stupid alarm clock didn't wake me up, causing me to wake up an hour later than I should have been. Even though work was just around the corner, it would take me a good ten minutes to get downstairs and out the door. I had twenty minutes until my shift was set to start. I grabbed a random pair of skinny jeans hanging in my closet, along with a jumper that, thankfully, matched. I slipped on my converse, and quickly tossed my tangled, brown hair into a messy bun. After grabbing my bag, I rush down the seven flights of stairs that lead me to the entrance of my apartment complex. I head out the door, look to my right, and begin to walk onto the seemingly calm street when I hear a man's voice yell, "Look out !"

--------------------------

Jordan's POV:
What am I doing ? Why am I randomly walking around town ? I had places to be. I had band practice with the guys. But it's our day off from warped. I don't want anything to do with the band. I need to clear my head for the day. I need space. Maybe I should go get a coffee. Or head to the record store the next block over; the one that has the cute girl that works there. I've been in that store once, and saw her. That was two weeks ago. She's been in my thoughts ever since though. I'm not sure why. Sure, she was mad cute, and had a hella stunning smile. I didn't say one word to her. She didn't ring me up. Some guy named Jesse did. He seemed pretty cool. He knew I was in a band. He knew of the band I was in. He mentioned that the girl did, too. He mentioned she was in the back, most likely fangirling with the other girl who worked there named Micah. I decided to head the direction of the store. Maybe I would go in. Or maybe I'd just pass by the window. Maybe I'll see her. I will start a conversation with her one day. I want to make that day today. I start down the street that I would turn the corner to reach the record store. Then I see her. She bursts out the door of the apartment complex. She looks to her right. She fails to look to her left. There's a car coming. I sprint towards her, and yell,

"LOOK OUT !"

--------------------------

Veda's POV:
I turn my head in the direction of where I heard the cry come from. It's a guy, a really cute guy, running towards me. I soon realize that a car is coming. I turn to see, and soon hit the ground. I look up and see that guy on top of me. He must've pushed me out of the way.

"Are you okay ?" His blue eyes wide. Pretty blue eyes. He had an accent. An English accent, a strong one.

"Uh, yeah." I exhale.

I had to admit, it was a little awkward that he was laying on top of me, on the side of the street, in a city. But he was attractive, so it was okay.

He stands up and extends his hand. I grab it and he pulls me up.

"Sorry if I hurt you. But I'm pretty positive that would have hurt a lot worse." He motions at the car, which now stopped. The driver was running in our direction.

"OH MY GOD, ARE YOU OKAY ?" He asks. It was a middle aged man. I could tell he felt terrible for almost running me over.

"Yes, I'm fine. It's not your fault. I wasn't looking where I was going. Don't worry about it." I assure him.

"Are you sure ? Are you hurt ? I'm terribly sorry."

"Really, sir. I'm fine. It was my fault." I say. I push a few strands of lose hair out of my face.

"Alright, if you say so. Again, I do apologize. Please be more careful !" He shouts, walking back to his car. He makes sure to look both directions before crossing the street.

I turn to the guy who just saved my life.

"Thank you. I'm sorry you had to do that." I give him a half smile.

"No, no. Don't apologize. Are sure I didn't hurt you ?" He questions.

"I'm sure you didn't. I'm alright." I sigh.

"Alright. I'm Jordan, by the way."

"I'm Veda." Something hits me. I saw this guy a few weeks ago at work. He walked in and started talking to Jesse. This is Jordan... Jordan Fish from Bring Me the Horizon."Hey, I know who you are."

He smiles. "Do you ?"

"I do. You're Jordan from Bring Me the Horizon. I'm a fan."

"Well, good. I'm glad you are."

I smile. "Well, I'd love to chat more, but I'm already late for work, and-" My phone starts vibrating. I already know who it is. "And Jesse is probably really worried, so I should go."

"Well, hey, can I walk you there ?" He offers.

I nod my head. We make small talk on the way. Extremely small talk, because we arrive at the record store in a matter of two minutes.

"You should call me sometime. I'd love to get to know you more." He smiles.

Damn, that smile. It's not just any smile. It's a combonation between a smirk, and a grin. No teeth.

"Oh, sure, if you'd like that." I return his smile once again.

We exchange numbers, and I head into work. I'm immediatly met with a worried Jesse.

"THERE YOU ARE. I was... worried. You're never late." He pouts.

"Oh, uhm, some stuff happened." I chuckle softly.

"Like, what ? Maybe just the fact that you exchanged numbers with Jordan Fish ? Or is there more ?" He cracks a boyish grin.

"Oh, there's more. He kind of just saved my life."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was in Veda and Jordan's POV's. I may put some of the story in Jesse's POV at some point. I hope you guys enjoyed.