Status: Some aren't at all like they seem.

The Unforgettable

Side Effects

“Gianna!” Christoph yells.

I shoot up out of my sleep groggy and still drunk, I look to see I’m half covered in a quilt on the couch and Christoph is standing over me arms folded looking a little miffed.

“What have you been doing? I’ve been calling your phone since I got off work you had me worried. Then I come in here and you’re unresponsive I’ve been standing here trying to wake you up for five minutes.”

My head is pounding, I put my face into my hands and groan not responding to Chris because one I don’t care, two he’s being dramatic.

“Gianna. . . Have you been drinking?”

I sigh, nod and sit with my feet on the ground now.

“Seriously? Where’d you get alcohol, we don’t have any here.”

“Went out.”

“With who?”

I roll my eyes, “none of your business.”

He straightens his posture, “it certainly is my business you’re my wife.”

I give a short laugh and stand up wrapping the quilt around my shoulders and leave for the bedroom.

“We’re in the middle of a conversation why are you walking away from me?”

I keep walking and he stalks after me and past me beating me to the room because I’m going as slow as molasses trying to prevent my head from rocking too much and worsening the headache. He stands there blocking the entry.

“Who have you been with? I’m not asking again.”

“Chris get out of my way, I have a headache I don’t want to deal with this right now,” I croak.

“No you are going to talk to me right now,” he’s getting more and more pissed.

I push past him unsuccessfully because he blocks me, staring at me with hard eyes.

“Tell me who you went out with.”

I groan, “I went alone now get out of my way.”

His face scrunches up, “that’s a fucking lie and you know it. You never go drinking alone.”

“I have a new hobby now.”

“Tell me the truth.”

My grogginess is fading and I’m getting annoyed now with his badgering and his sudden caring attitude. I just want to take some Advil and lay down.

“I went with a friend, same friend that took me home the day I came home early. Are you happy now, can you fucking move now? Jesus Christ,” I mutter.

I give zero fucks right now, I just want him away from me. I successfully push by him this time bumping into his shoulder and I go into the bathroom rummaging through the medicine cabinet.

“You’ve been acting differently these last two days,” he says now standing in the bathroom’s threshold trapping me in.

“Oh, you mean I’m acting like you?”

He makes a sound and walks out, then he storms back in.

“I know you think it’s okay to make these hateful comments every time you see me but it still fucking hurts.”

“Yeah learning my husband of five years is fucking another girl probably in my god damn bed fucking hurts too Christoph! Am I supposed to feel bad for you, huh? Because I don’t, not one bit. You are a piece of shit, why are you still here, why are you still trying to talk to me? Why don’t you just leave!”

I start crying out of frustration and I’m still a bit buzzed. He walks up to me with a soft face and tries hugging me but I start yelling at him to get away from me and throw deodorant, the toothbrush holder sending toothbrushes flying, the hairbrush, comb and whatever else my hands grab.

I start yelling again, “how dare you?! How dare you have the audacity to make me answer to you, to feel you have the right to feel any type of way of how I spend my day and who with! Fuck you!” I yell hysterically.

“Gianna you need to calm down now, you’re being really crazy. How much did you drink?”

“Fuck off, get away from me!”

“I can’t believe this is seriously happening right now. When the hell did you start day drinking?”

I try to get by because I’m sick of being around him he stands firmly in the way, he doesn’t get it. He’ll never fucking get it, he just constantly finds a way to divert the conversation and I’m sick of it. He has no plan to fix anything.

“Move!”

“Who’s this friend you’ve been with because they are taking down a shitty route.”

“Move!”

He goes on to tell me how I need to either be at work or staying home not out with this friend. He tells me how I’m changing and I’m not the girl he married, that I need to talk to him about my issues now or there’s nothing to complain about later. Before I know it the anger boils over and out of me and I slap him across the face and before we both know it he grabs me and roughly pins me against the wall with anger fully blasting in his eyes.

I guess the shock shows on my face because his features soften and his fingers stop digging into my upper arms and pushing me against the wall. He lets me go and shakes his head cursing as he walks away, I hear the front door open and slam shut. I finally let out a breath of relief, shut the bathroom and room lights off and climb into bed to sleep the day away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyoooooo