‹ Prequel: Angel of Mine

Angels and Hunters.

The sting of pride hurts and only makes matters worse.

He remained still fear and worry tying his stomach in to several painful knots, he could only wonder if Dean had found her and only pray that he had. as if on cue the door burst open and Adriel limped in, her wound only getting worse, she clasped Dean's heavy leather jacket over her shoulders, he followed her in and watched her as she slipped across the room and flopped on to his bed, letting out a long loud sigh of relief glad to have taken the weight off of her leg as the pain got increasingly worse.

Cas stayed silent aching to talk to her but a fear of rejection holding him back, he wanted a relationship with her so desperately but couldn't find the words to express how sorry he was for leaving her, for not visiting and more importantly not being there at all, he knew how it felt before having the Winchesters in his life not knowing how to live and stay unnoticed and how to blend in.

She arched her back in pain and hissed loudly as Sam pierced the curved needle through her skin, he apologised repeatedly under his breath, concentration etched across his tired face as he pulled her skin back together using thin thread, she winced biting down on her tongue and gripping the sheets trying not to scream, as she groaned loudly Sam blushed.

A red hot pain ripped through her bare leg as the needle slipped in and out of her skin, coupled with the embarrassment of wearing a strangers boxer shorts, she closed her eyes and bit her lip throwing her head back and taking deep breaths in an attempt to stop the pain, she sat bolt upright causing Sam to jump, tearing her skin just a little more,

"Dean! Pass my jeans"

He quickly handed her the denim garment and watched as she pulled a pack of cigarettes and a pink lighter from the pocket, she whipped a cigarette from the battered cardboard packaging and placed it between her plump lips, lighting it and taking a long smooth drag as Sam tied off the threading.

Cas rose from his chair quickly as a mammoth rage grew inside of him, he marched across the room and snatched the cigarette from her hand before flicking it out of the window, she stood just as quickly, squaring up to the elder angel refusing to back down, both Dean and Sam where now stood watching as the two angels stared each other down, waiting for one of them to say something to break the heavy tension that had swept the room in to a stiff silence, Cas was the first to speak,

"I have been more than patient with you Adriel, now I've had enough! I let you walk out of this room earlier, I let you kiss Dean" Dean's face burned slightly as his secret came out "But I will not let you damage your vessel!"

"It's not like you cared before now anyway! you where more interested in yourself you never visited me, not once! You never showed you cared and if it wasn't for Dean you wouldn't even have met me, I don't need you I can look after myself! I've got a job I've got a home I don't need you"

She looked at him eyes still burning with hate, her heart racing and guilt setting in when she realised he was no longer angry, he wasn't resentful, the only thing she could see on his face was pain, his eyes fixed on her,

"I did visit,...every single night, from the moment I left you until you grew up and moved on, that was when I lost you, that was when everything broke down, I watched you as a tiny baby sleeping growing laughing and playing right up until that night, the night you told them you where moving on, I watched as you cried in the bathtub of your apartment, feeling lost and lonely, I was there when you where broke, I was there when you tried to cut your own wings off, when you gave up on your heritage I was there, I know where those scars have come from, the fights the drinking, even the self inflicted ones, I was there when you carved your skin, and when you found out you could heal it again, but I could never show myself you just weren't ready, you still aren't that's why you're rejecting me now"

He looked at her, her eyes cast to the floor a few tears slipped down her cheek, her arms crossed over her defensively,

"I need to sleep"

she muttered with a broken voice before slowly walking towards the door of the room, dean put his arm around her stopping her from walking out in to the night and directed her towards the bed, laying her down and placing the blankets gently over her, the three men sat quietly in the corner of the room, Cas slightly envious of the way his child could fit in with humans, sleep had always eluded him, Sam placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder and passed him a sympathetic smile,

"Why is she more interested in Dean?"

"She'll come around"

Sam promised.