‹ Prequel: Angel of Mine

Angels and Hunters.

I can feel it in my bones

He woke up his head spinning, his lungs burning for air, he knew this feeling as one he had encountered many times before, he stumbled in to the bathroom the pounding in his head almost becoming unbearable, his body flopped forward the cold ceramic of the sink colliding with his rib cage and winding him slightly, he pushed him self up on weak arms and glanced in to the dirty mirror, studying his face closely for any obvious changes, his heart raced and his stomach churned as his gaze locked with a pair of glistening black eyes, he smirked to himself and blinked it back deciding to keep it his dirty little secret, the excitement boiled inside of him as he realised he could be feared, he could have power, he could be stronger than Dean for once.

She strolled in to the room wearing only a vest top and shorts, her arms full of the days local papers, she slammed them down on to the small table where her father was sitting studying each of the papers for curious deaths, he furiously turned page after page absorbing information, she watched as his face crumpled slightly indicating he hadn't understood one of the stories he had stumbled upon, she turned on her heels and left him to it, catching dean's line of sight as she did. He smiled to him self chewing the inside of his cheek as he looked back fondly on the night before, he scanned her now clothed body up and down, admiring her long slender legs.

She lay on the bed and faked a stretch purposely pushing her breasts out and arching her back, she smirked at him biting down on her tongue to suppress the giggles that she was holding in, he looked over at her his eyes narrowing slightly as his licked his lips, he then too struggled not to laugh, he felt his heart beat faster as he felt him self fall harder for her, he had never met a girl who he had wanted to see the morning after,

"Oh please!" A gruff voice from the corner snapped him out of his thoughts, he glanced over at the disgruntled angel in the corner of the room, "You are both terrible liars"

"We didn't say anything?"

He questioned him,

"You didn't need to, you both have that "Glow" that Sam has described to me before and the annoying silent giggle thing is getting old"

"We are both adults Cas we know what we are doing okay?"

"That's my daughter Dean, take care of her"

He rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands, never did he think he would be getting this lecture from an angel, especially not one he regarded as family.

Sam suddenly stood causing all three to jump,

"So are we moving on or not?"

He began to pull his clothes out and throw them in to the vacant suitcases which he staked neatly near the door, Dean sighed used to his brothers mood swings,

"I guess we are"

He stood from his chair and began to pack his few but precious belongings, the angels where stacking newspapers in to a neat bundle so the elder could carry on his studies whilst on the move.

Dean walked in to the cramped reception area, Adriel in tow, he returned the keys and settled the money whilst holding her hand, she rested her head on his shoulder affectionately, blissfully unaware of the inky black eyes that where burning in to her and watching her every move.

His rage boiled as he watched them walk back across the gravel parking lot hand in hand playfully shoving each other, he pushed himself off of the car on which he had been leaning and walked round tot he other side

"Sammy you're in the back!"

Dean called out

"What? why?"

He questioned trying not to sound angry

"Cause I want Adriel to sit up front with me she knows how to get to where we've got to be"

He explained non-nonchalantly, Sam clambered in to the back and slammed the door, Cas shooting him a quick smile that he did not return. His anger continued to build as they drove down several deserted highways, as they sang along to metallica together and told each other lame jokes, He despised her, he wanted to rip her wings off and dissect her like a bug.

They pulled in to another motel car park, they all began to look the same now so Dean didn't know how to rate this one yet, he walked in to reception and booked the four of them in for a week before helping out with luggage and the news papers that Castiel had now developed an attachment to.

HE walked in to the surprisingly large room with the final few bags, Castiel was sitting on a large green two seat sofa on the far side with his stack of papers taking up the other seat, Sammy was face down on one of the double beds that where parallel to each other Adriel was sitting up on the other she smiled and patted the bed next to her signalling for him to sit beside her, he did so obediently, they sat for a few minutes cuddling quietly,he was beyond the point of denial now he actually loved this girl.

Later that evening as the brothers sat to eat, they discussed their plan,

"So if Cas and I leave you'll be okay coming along later?"

HE looked at his younger brother confused

"Yeah sure I wanna get some sleep before we go rushing out"

"Sure"

Dean replied confused, before going over the plan one last time with Cas.