Are You Free?

Hospitalized

The last thing I saw was my parents rushing out of the house to see what was going on and seeing the scared expressions on their faces as they ran towards me... blood... lights... then the ambulance.

I opened my eyes to see my dad and mom sitting by my side and my brother and sister on a couch across the room. Everyting was a bit blurry but I tried to make out where I was. I saw bags filled with water hanging from poles, tubes, curtains, then my hands. They scared me and my heartbeat quickened as I got dizzier and dizzier. They were all bruised and scratched with some blood. I got to the point where I got to dizzy and weak that I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Next, I woke up again but instead of finding my family in the room, I found Justin sitting next to me, looking at me in pain. He shuffled in his seat and positioned his body my direction.

"Are you okay Maddie? Speak to me." He said with such a worried expression that I felt tears coming into my eyes. The next thing I know I am sobbing like a baby into Justin's arms as he hugged me tight. "Ssshhh, it's okay everything's going to be okay." He brushed my hair with his fingers and pressed soft kisses on my head, comforting me.

I scooted aside and gestured for him to lie down next to me. "Lay here." I whispered. He got up and got under the covers with me and he cuddled me into his arms. I winced as his legs slightly touched mine.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to."

"No, it's okay. I'm fine." I reassured him as silent tears rolled down my cheeks. He noticed them and rubbed them off my face with his thumbs and wrapped his arm around me.

"Do you want to tell me who did this to you?" He said concerned. I nodded.

"M-Mccann." I said softly because I was totally out of energy and weak to even talk. He stiffened at that name. He shifted in the bed from the horrible name I said.

"It's okay though... I'm fine, no need to worry." I tried to calm him down.

"No! You're not fine!" He blurted out with anger. "Did you not see yourself? You're in a serious condition, how could that bastard do this to you?!"

I shook my head and took the blankets off of my body to find what I guessed to be my legs. They were bruised, purple and black. There were cuts and blood smeared here and there. They were pale and lost the peachy color and was white, purple, and black all over. At the sight of this I burst out in tears and I cried into my hands not being able to believe these were my legs.

"I'm sorry to make you see yourself like this..."

"I'm in pain! He abused me! I lost half my blood because of him... who does he think he is!!!!" I screamed in pain and sorrow. "How..." I started sobbing again. After my breakdown, I was weaker than before and I started getting dizzy and passed out on Justin's arm. I felt so helpless at this moment that I just wanted to give up... and I was scared...