Status: Active, but this will only be a short story.

Our Convenient Downfall

Announcing the Malfoys

It was the day of the announcement that Draco noticed the change. Today she would be three months pregnant, today they would tell their parents. This was the first day of Georgiana's hormones finally kicking in.

It had started early in the morning, they were both up at an unusual time, for some reason they were nervous. Georgiana put her arms around him and moved close, this was the first non sexual bed contact they had ever had.

It continued at breakfast, he had sat down a moment before she arrived, she walked past him, running her hand along his shoulders before sitting down. Somehow she had managed to get her chair closer to his without anyone noticing, she had grabbed his hand and squeezed it giving him a smile before continuing with breakfast. She seemed nervous, he felt nervous, why were they nervous? What did they have to be nervous about.

"I hope you don't mind, but my mother is coming round to see me this lunchtime. Nothing formal, just a visit, I wonder if I could arrange a lunch?" She later told him she was nervous they would guess before she could tell them. She was nervous because it had been their secret, today they told others, it ruined the magic a little.

"Oh how lovely, of course she can." Narcissa beamed at her daughter-in-law as they ended breakfast.

They didn't know what to do before the arrival, they sat on the end of the bed beside each other in silence. She edged closer to him and put her hand on the back of his neck, playing with the hair there.

"Are you nervous?" He shook his head, "I feel so nervous." She moved her hand down, putting it around his back and leaning against him. He moved his arm around her, pulling her in towards him, she put her other arm around him and put her head against his chest.

"We have an engagement to go to tonight right?" He nodded, "Would you bloody well talk to me instead of just nodding?" She snapped at him, he just smirked.

Apart from get changed, they did nothing apart from wait until her mother arrived.

~~

"Darling you look wonderful, how are you?" Her mother enveloped her in a hug,

"I'm doing well, how are you?" She gave a nervous smile.

"Just lovely, this is so out of the blue, what brought this on?" She smiled at her daughter who stepped back from her and stood beside her husband. Georgiana took a deep breath,

"I'm pregnant, we're going to have a baby." She smiled for a moment before she was practically knocked to the ground by Narcissa who grabbed her son for a hug.

Georgiana smiled sheepishly at her mother, giving her a hug also.

"Congratulations!" Her mother whispered, "Are you ok with this?" Georgiana nodded.

"Two children then I'm done, why not have them soon, get it over with?" She grinned slightly as she was pulled from her Mum by Narcissa.

"Oh I can't believe you are having a baby! Draco's Baby!" The woman practically squealed. Georgiana was feeling slightly awkward.
"Was it that time you were late for breakfast?" She gave Georgiana a knowing look. She gave her a pained look in return.

"I'm only three months, that was four months ago." That didn't discourage her,

"So when was it?" Georgiana gave her a disbelieving look.

"It could have been one of a few times. This is really not appropriate Narcissa." Narcissa looked downcast.

"Only a few?"

"Narcissa I am not going to discuss this with you." Gi put on a set smile and decided to move the conversation on.
"So we don't know what we are having and I don't intend to find out." Narcissa looked like a child who had been told there was no Christmas.

"But what about the Nursery? How will you decorate it? You have to find out!"

"It can be done in cream, besides I am not going to paint it all pink for a girl or blue for a boy. I am not ruining the surprise." Narcissa pouted slightly.
"I still need to get baby things though, might need a hand with it?" She cheered up a little as they went in for lunch.

~~

Narcissa would not leave her alone, she was already going on about potential names, where she would have the baby, where would it sleep, who they would get clothes from, she then got too personal. She decided to tell Georgiana about her pregnancy with Draco, how she had some strange cravings, how she had craved her husband, luckily for Draco she wasn't interested in sharing these intimate details with him. Georgiana had to practically persuade Narcissa to let her go and get ready for them going out that evening. Narcissa had kept her until the last minute and so subsequently when Georgiana made it to the bedroom, Draco was already changed.

"I will be ready in 15 minutes, I knew there was a reason I was happy to keep the baby secret, I know far too much about your father now. Did you know that in her stomach you were very settled when they were having sex?!" She said this as she ran into the dressing room, she did pop her head out just in time to see a disgusted expression come across Draco's face.
"Exactly! I did not need to know that."

A few minutes later she came out into the bedroom and planked a handful of jewellery onto the drawers in front of the mirror, she could see him leaning against the bed post through it. She was rather pleased with her dress, she had found it in her ever changing closet, it was Slytherin green, "Why not?" she thought. It was well fitted, hugging her body before slightly pooling out on the floor. The zip on the back was well hidden, starting just above her bottom and reaching half way up her back , Draco noticed it was not fully zipped up.. The top was tight, the straps meant there was just enough chest on display to avoid looking cheap, the back plunged, stopping halfway down.

She quickly slipped on her shoes before fighting to pull the backs off her earrings.

"You look good." She could have sworn she heard him mutter something.

"Did you say something?" He shrugged as she managed to get her earrings in, she managed to put on her bracelet and necklace with remarkable ease. She brushed her hair, not having time to do anything with it, still with this dress she could get away with it, it flowed down, just reaching under her chest, it made them look even more appealing she thought.

She saw him move away from the bed to come and stand behind her, she felt him pull her zip up and gasped slightly, the dress was tighter than before.

"Thank you." She squeaked. He moved a piece of hair that was caught inside the dress.

"You look good." She paused for a moment, humility dictated she should thank him, her vanity wanted her to agree with him, instead she nudged him grinning.

"Shut up!" She drawled as he put a hand on her neck moving it up to her chin.

"Remember keep your chin up, look down on everyone. You're a Malfoy now, we're better than them." She could see him in the mirror eyeing her up and down. She grinned.

"As far as everyone knows, you bribed your way out of jail. This is it, if we don't reclaim the respect now, we never will. We're in a pretty strong position."

"Why green?" He asked playing with a piece of her dress.

"Team support and all that. Plus I think with my beautiful brown hair, I can pull it off." He nodded as she nudged him.
"We're going to be late." She ran into the dressing room again, not easy in that dress and heels, before emerging with a small bag and they left.
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be part two