Trust the Instinct

010:

“Stiles come on, I’m going to meet you at the-“

“I lost Scott!” Stiles said and I sat up in me phone and pressed the phone to my ear.

“What do you mean, you lost Scott?” I asked and Stiles sighed from the other line.

“Come outside,” he said and I turned around in my bed, looked out the window and saw that Stiles was standing on my front line.

“Be right down,” I said as I jumped off of my bed, ran out of my room, down the stairs and out the front door, “Stiles the lacrosse game is tonight, you know, the one that everyone expect Scott to be in but he can’t control his angry so he was trying not to be in.”

“Yeah, I know!”

“So what do you mean when you say that you lost him?” I asked confused.

“We were driving and he started not feeling well, saying that he wasn’t able to breathe, when he found out that I had the wolfsbane in my backpack he freaked-“

“Why did you have it?”

“I didn’t know what else to do with it,” Stiles said and I sighed, “I threw it from me car, but when I looked back, Scott was gone, I don’t know where he is.”

“Great, just great,” I growled and then ran my fingers through my hair. My phone started to ring and I looked down to see that Allison had just texted me, asking what I was wearing tonight and asking me how I was getting to the game, “What if he went to see Allison?”

“Well shit,” he said and I sighed.

“He’ll be fine, he can control himself,” I said and Stiles sighed, “Can he?”

“I hope so.”

My phone went off again and it was Danny texting me asking if he was going to be picking me up tonight, “Well, I have to go get ready to watch the game tonight, I suggest you get ready.”

“Yeah, ready to sit on the bench-“

“Ready to keep an eye on your best friend,” I said as I turned around, walked back into my house, went to my room and started to get ready for Danny picking me up in about an hour or so.

I changed into skinny jeans, my calf high boots, being sure to tuck my jeans into the boots, my dark grey long sleeve shirt with a little scarf, and then I grabbed my dark grey winter jacket and white beanie when a little cute black bow on the side.

Image

Just as I was adjusting my hat on my head, Danny honked the horn outside telling me that he was here. I said goodbye to my Grandmother, trotted outside and then hopped into his car, “Hello darling,” I smiled as I watched as Danny looked at my outfit.

“Looking good,” he said and I laughed, “Are you going out with the others after the game?”

“Uh yeah, Lydia invited me- Well, told me to show up,” I laughed and Danny smirked and nodded his head, “You?”

“Yeah, I’ll be there for a little bit, I didn’t really want to stay out too long.”

“Oh? Have plans?” I asked and Danny smirked.

“Maybe.”

“Ooooo, I wanna hear the juicy, well PG-13 details on Monday!” I squealed and Danny laughed and nodded his head.

Danny pulled into the school parking lot and parked the car. We both got out and we walked towards the locker room, I left him at the door, wished him good luck and then headed out towards the bleachers. I heard my name and turned to see Allison walking over with a man at her side.

“Lexi, this is my father,” she introduced and I smiled and shook hands with the man.

“Nice to meet you,” we both said and Allison smiled towards me, linked her arms with mine and we walked over towards the stands.

“You look cute,” she said and I smirked, “Trying to impress someone?”

“Not really,” I said and she scoffed.

“So where are we going after the game?” Allison asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I think Lydia said bowling, but I’m not sure,” I said and Allison nodded her head.

When it was game time, Lydia came up into the stands and stood on the other side of me. Throughout the game, I was happy to see that Scott was there, but afraid that he might change in front of everyone. Jackson was definitely getting him angry by always stealing the ball or purposely not passing it to him. When Jackson scored the first goal, even I could tell that Scott was getting angry, but he was controlling himself really well. But then Lydia had to hold up the ‘We Luv u Jackson’ sign and even I thought that that was a low blow.

I could tell just the way that Scott was breathing that something was going to happen, “Uh, I’ll be right back,” I said and then quickly climbed down the bleachers and ran towards Stiles, who was sitting on the bench, “What is he doing?!”

“God, I hope he doesn’t go on a killing spree,” Stiles said and I hit his shoulder, telling him that that wasn’t funny.

“Are they- Are they backing away from him?” I asked as I noticed that some of the players from the opposing team were taking a few steps back from Scott, “Uh oh.”

“Oh, this is not going to be good,” Stiles said and I rubbed my face.

“Please be all right,” I prayed and watched as the ref blew the whistle and the game began again. The ball flew in the air and Scott jumped over a person and caught the ball, ‘…He’s showing off again…’

When Scott single handedly scored a goal, the crowd went wild, especially since there was a little over a minute left in the game and at the time we were down by two. The game started again a person from the opposing team had the ball and for whatever reason, he looked at Scott and threw the ball to him.

The Coach came over and sat on the other side of Stiles, “Did the opposing team just deliberately pass us the ball?”

“Yes, I believe so, Coach,” Stiles said and we watched as Scott went down the field again, dodging the players and getting ready to score another goal.

“Interesting,” Coach said before standing up and walking away.

Scott threw the ball towards the net so hard that when the goalie went to catch the ball, it went right threw his stick, “Oh this is not good.”

“Nope,” Stiles said and I took a deep breath.

There were forty seconds left in the game and the score was tied five to five, I decided to head back to the bleachers next to Lydia and Allison to watch the final seconds of the game. Scott had the ball and he was heading towards the net when he just stops and starts looking at the opposing team like they’re his lunch, ‘…Oh no, Scott, no, no, no…’

Luckily as the clock ticked to two seconds, Scott threw the ball and scored the goal, winning the game, everyone was on their feet and running onto the field to congratulate the team. I hopped over towards Danny and hugged him, telling him that he did a good job, but when I looked around and didn’t see Scott, I got worried.

I walked over towards Stiles and told him that I couldn’t find Scott, and I didn’t see Allison anywhere either. We panicked and darted for the locker room, hoping that they had gone there and that Scott didn’t freak out on her, but when we ran into the locker room, we were surprised to see Allison and Scott in a heated make out session.

“Oh,” Stiles smirked and I scoffed and pulled him back from spying on them.

“Mind your manners,” I said and pushed him against one of the lockers, “Let them alone, he’s fine,” I said and Stiles smirked and nodded his head.

I heard Allison and Scott laughing about something and we both peeked our heads around to see that Allison was saying that she needed to get back to her dad. When she started to walk away, she spotted us and waved, “Hi guys.”

“Hi, uh, yeah,” Stiles said awkwardly and I winked towards her and smirked.

When Allison was gone, Stiles and I walked out and saw Scott walking towards us looking like a little kid in a candy shop, “I kissed her.”

“We saw,” Stiles said and I smirked.

“She kissed me,” Scott said and I laughed.

“Saw that too,” Stiles smirked, “It’s pretty good, huh?”

“I don’t know how, but I controlled it, I pulled it back,” Scott said and I patted his shoulder, “Maybe I can do this. Maybe it’s not that bad.”

“Yeah, we’ll talk about that later then,” Stiles said and then sighed and turned away and Scott and I looked at him confused.

Scott grabbed Stiles’ jersey, stopping him from going, “What?”

Stiles groaned, clearly not wanting to tell us what he was about to tell us, “The medical examiner looked at the other half of the body we found.”

“And?” Scott asked.

“Well, I’ll keep it simple,” Stiles said and I sighed.

“That doesn’t sound good.”

“Medical examiner determines killer of girl to be animal, not human,” Stiles said and my eyes widened, “Derek is human, not animal. Derek not killer. Derek let out of jail.”

“Are you kidding?” Scott asked and I groaned.

“I knew this was gunna happen,” I muttered and then sat on the bench and rubbed my face.

“Here’s the bigger kick in the ass,” Stiles said and I snorted, “My dad id’d the dead girl, both halves. Her name was Laura Hale.”

“Hale?” Scott and I asked.

“Derek’s sister.”