Trust the Instinct

011:

“So you killed her?” Stiles asked and he, Scott and I walked into the school.

“I don’t know,” Scott said and then sighed, “I just woke up, and I was sweating like crazy and I couldn’t breathe. I’ve never had a dream where I woke up like that before.”

“Really? I have,” Stiles said and I snorted, “Usually ends a little differently.”

“Unbelievable,” I muttered as we walked the halls and I just listened in on their conversation.

“A, I meant I’ve never had a dream that felt that real, and B, never give me that much detail about you in bed again-“

“Second that motion,” I muttered and Scott smirked towards me.

“All right, noted,” Stiles said and rolled his eyes towards me, “Let me take a guess here-“

“No, I know, you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow,” Scott said and I looked at him, “Like I’m gunna lose control and rip her throat out.”

“Please don’t do that,” I said and Scott sighed.

“No, of course not,” Stiles said and we both stopped and looked at Stiles, “Yeah, that’s totally it.”

“Nice, Stiles,” I muttered and shook my head.

“Hey, come on, it’s gunna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you’re handling this pretty freaking amazingly,” Stiles said and I felt my phone vibrate and I looked down to see that it was Danny texting me, asking where I was, “You know, it’s not like there’s a Lycanthropy for Beginners class you can take.”

“Yeah, not a class, but maybe a teacher,” Scott said and Stiles and I looked at him confused.

“Who, Derek?” Stiles asked and Scott nodded his head and I sighed and shook my head. Stiles smacked Scott over the head, “You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?”

“Yeah, I know, but chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real,” Scott said and I sighed, stopped walking and grabbed Scott’s arm.

“Scott, it was a dream, that’s it,” I said and Scott shook his head.

“I know that, but it’s just- it’s just, it felt ‘so’ real, like realer than it should have felt,” he said and I sighed.

“How real, is ‘so’ real?” Stiles asked as we headed towards the doors to leave one section of the campus to go to another.

“Like it actually happened,” Scott said and we opened the doors and walked outside to see a school bus completely attacked with a bloody mess. Police officers were all around interviewing people and then the Forensics team was there taking pictures of the crimes scene.

“Scott-“ I looked at him.

“I think it did happen, Scott,” Stiles said as Scott and I stood at the scene shocked.

“Oh my god, Allison!” I said and Scott freaked.

We stormed back into the school and Scott tried to text Allison, but she wasn’t answering her phone and I was getting really worried.

“She’s probably fine,” Stiles said as he tried to comfort his friend, but it wasn’t working.

“She’s not answering my texts, Stiles,” Scott panicked and I tried calling her and got nothing.

“It could just be a coincidence, all right?” Stiles said and I looked at him wondering if he really believed the words coming out of his mouth, “A seriously amazing coincidence.”

“Just help me find her, ok?” Scott said and I nodded my head.

We made it halfway down the hallway when Scott’s panicking went extreme and he slammed into the lockers and then punched the one locker, causing a dent and a broken door, ‘…Well this just took a turn for the worse…’

Scott was breathing heavily and people were looking at him, I sighed and went to take a step closer to him when Stiles placed a hand on my shoulder to stop me. I looked back at him confused but he nudged his head a little. I turned back around and saw that Scott had just bumped into Allison and made her drop her books on the ground; he was now talking with her and calming down.

“Oh, thank god,” I muttered and Stiles nodded his head.

“So if Allison’s there unharmed,” Stiles said and I looked at him, “Whose blood was that on the bus?”
“I don’t know,” I said and then heard my name, turned my head and saw Danny waving towards me, “I’ve got to go.”

“Yeah, see ya,” Stiles said as I walked off and headed towards Danny.

“Hey Danny-“

“Attention students, this is your Principal,” I was interrupted with the voice from the overhead; “I know you’re all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled,” it seemed like all the students at once groaned at hearing the disappointing news, “Thank you.”

“So what happened to you the other day?” Danny asked and I looked at him confused, “After the game you kind of just vanished.”

“Oh, OH! Sorry, Scott was having an asthma attack and I wanted to make sure that he was-“

“What are you looking at, asswipe?!” I heard and Danny and I turned to see that the locker that Scott had punched and broken belonged to Jackson, and he looked pissed.

“Oh my god,” I laughed a little and then turned back towards Danny to see that he was snickering towards Jackson. Scott and I made eye contact and smirked and then quickly turned around.

“Chem class, now or we’ll be late,” Danny said and I laughed a little and nodded my head.

We walked to class and Jackson took the spot next to Danny, the spot that I was going to take. I gave him a little glare before taking the seat in back of Danny, sitting next to Scott. It wasn’t long until Mr. Harrison came into the room and started to write notes on the board. I sighed, grabbed my notebook and started to take those notes.

“Maybe it was my blood on the door,” I heard Scott say and looked up to see that he was looking towards Stiles who was sitting at the table behind ours.

“Maybe animal blood?” Stiles answered and I rolled my eyes, “You know, maybe you caught a rabbit or something.”

I scoffed and shook my head, “You’ve got to be joking.”

“And did what?” Scott asked and I looked towards the board and saw that Mr. Harrison was looking right at the boys.

“Ate it,” Stiles said and I sighed and tried to tap my foot against Scott’s, but he wasn’t getting the point that I was trying to get his attention.

“Raw?” Scott asked shocked and I groaned.

“No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf over,” Stiles said and I snorted, but then composed myself, “I don’t know, you’re the one who can’t remember anything-“

“Guys!” I hissed lowly, “Shut up! You’re gunna get caught by Har-”

“Mr. Stilinski!” I winced because I was too late, “If that’s your idea of a hushed whisper, you might want to pull the headphones out every once in a while,” Stiles scoffed, not really having a comeback for that, “I think you and Mr. McCall would benefit from a little distance, yes?”

“No,” Stiles whined and I bit back a smirk.

Mr. Harrison pointed to each side of the room where there were empty seats. I gave the boys a little wave before going back to writing my notes.

“Let me know if the separation anxiety gets to be too much,” Mr. Harrison said and I smirked and shook my head.

As I was just about to get my concentration back, the girl that Scott had moved next to stood up and looked towards the window, saying that the police had found something during their investigation of the bus incident. Everyone stood up and crowded around the windows, I stood in-between Stiles and Scott and had my hand on Stiles’ shoulder as I stood on my tip toes to look out the window. EMTs were pushing a man towards the ambulance and I felt Scott tense up next to me.

“That’s not a rabbit,” Scott whispered as he looked at me scared.

As the EMTs were about to place the man in the ambulance, he just jumped up and started screaming. He caught me by surprise and everyone jumped a little, a few other girls and Mr. Harrison, let out a little shriek.

“Ok,” Stiles said as he looked down towards me and I looked to see that I was clutching his arm.

“Oh, sorry,” I said embarrassed as I snatched my arms back and then looked away from him, feeling the heat rise to my face.

Scott backed away from the window looking scared, Stiles looked over and patted his shoulder saying that this was good, “He got up, he’s not dead. Dead guys can’t do that.”

“Stiles,” Scott looked at Stiles and I, I could see the hurt, the sacredness, the anger in his eyes, “I did that.”