Trust the Instinct

012:

“But dreams aren’t memories,” Stiles told Scott as we grabbed our lunches and walked over towards a table.

“Then it wasn’t a dream,” Scott insisted as they sat down and I sighed and stood at the end of the table, “Something happened last night, and I can’t remember what.”

“What makes you so sure that Derek has all the answers?” Stiles asked

“Because during the full moon he wasn’t changed,” Scott said and I sighed and sat down, wanting to actually sit with Danny, but wanted to hear this too.

“Maybe he can control it,” I said and Scott nodded his head.

“While I was running around in the middle of the night attacking some totally innocent guy,” Scott said and I sighed.

“You don’t know that,” Stiles and I sighed and Scott shook his head.

“I don’t not know it!” Scott said and I groaned, “I can’t go out with Allison. I have to cancel-“

“No!” I said and Stiles pointed towards me and nodded his head.

“She’s right! No, you’re not canceling, all right? You can’t just cancel your entire life,” Stiles said and I nodded my head, “We’ll figure it out.”

“Figure what out?” I heard and looked over to see that Lydia had taken the seat next to Scott.

‘…Uh, what’s going on here?...’ I thought as I looked to see that Lydia was up to something. I saw that the boys were struggling and I rolled my eyes, “Homework, we’ll figure out our homework.”

I saw Stiles’ lips moving, but no words were coming out, he was just in such awe struck at the fact that Lydia was sitting across from him, and I think Scott was afraid of her. I snorted when Stiles asked Scott why Lydia was sitting with us. Our table went from us three to totally full, Danny was sitting next to me.

“Since you’ve been avoiding sitting next to me-“

“I wasn’t avoiding, we were talking about something, and then I was coming over,” I said to Danny and he rolled his eyes, “See! Lunch not even touched! Waiting to go over to sit with you,” I said and he smirked towards me, “Good, I have your love back.”

“Get up,” I heard and looked to my side to see that Jackson was looking at me.

“I certainly hope you’re not talking to me,” I growled and Jackson gave me a hard stare before looking at the dark curly haired boy that was on the lacrosse team that was sitting on the other side of Lydia and told him to get up, “Good boy.”

“How come you never ask Danny to move?” he whined and I smirked towards Danny.

‘…That wasn’t asking sweetheart…’

“Because I don’t stare at his girlfriend’s coin slot,” Danny said and I smirked and then bit my lip.
‘…Great…’ I thought as I watched as Jackson took the seat on the other side of me.

“So I hear they’re saying it’s some type of animal attack,” Danny said and I looked at him confused, “Probably a cougar.”

“I heard mountain lion,” Jackson said and I placed my hand on my forehead and shook my head.

“A cougar is a mountain lion,” Lydia said and I smirked towards her, knowing she was right, “Isn’t it?” she said in a different tone and I knew it was just to stay on Jackson’s good side because he looked a little made when she proved him wrong.

“Who cares?” Jackson said and I sighed and rolled my eyes, “The guy’s probably some homeless tweaker who’s gunna die anyways.”

“Actually, I just found out who it is,” Stiles said and we all looked at him, “Check it out,” he said and then held out his phone to everyone.

“The Sheriff’s Department won’t speculate on details of the incident, but confirmed the victim, Garrison Meyers, did survive the attack,” the male reporter said, “Meyers was taken to a local hospital where he remains in critical condition.”

“I know this guy!” Scott said as he took the phone and looked at the picture of the man.

“You do?” Allison asked the same question that I wanted to ask him.

“Yeah, when I used to take the bus back when I lived with my dad,” Scott said and I waited for the point, “He was the driver.”

Scott, Stiles and I looked at each other, worry filling our minds and eyes, ‘…This just keeps getting worse and worse…’

“Can we talk about something slightly more fun, please?” Lydia asked and I nodded my head, agreeing with her, this was getting too depressing, “Like, oh, where are we going tomorrow night?”

Lydia said as she looked towards Allison and then me. I was confused and looked at Danny, because the two of us had made plans, and then towards Scott and Allison, because I knew that they had plans, ‘…I wasn’t aware that there was a group thing…’

“You said you and Scott,” Lydia looked towards me, “And you and Danny, were handing out tomorrow night, right?”

“Um, we were thinking of what we were gunna do,” Allison said, choosing her words carefully.

“Well, I am not sitting home again watching lacrosse videos,” Lydia said and then looked towards me, “What are you two doing?”

Danny and I looked at each other and I sighed, “We were gunna study,” I said boredly.

“So if the six of us are hanging out, we are doing something fun,” Lydia said and I nearly choked on my apple, the one that I had just stolen off of Danny’s tray and he was playfully glaring at me for.

“Hanging out?” Scott asked and then looked at Allison confused, “Like, the six of us?” Stiles had a hand over his face and all together looking like this was a bad idea, “Do you wanna hang out, like us and them?”

“Yeah, I guess,” Allison said and I rubbed my forehead and took a sip of my drink, “Sounds fun.”

‘…Oh boy…’

“You know what else sounds fun?” Jackson asked and I looked towards him, “Stabbing myself in the face with this fork,” he said and I smirked and took the fork and held it towards him.

“I’ll do it for you,” I said and then felt Danny take the fork from me.

“Be nice,” he said and I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

“How ‘bout bowling?” Lydia asked excitedly, “You love to bowl!”

“Yeah, with actual competition,” Jackson said and I held back a growl because surprisingly I was really good at bowling.

“How do you know we’re not actual competition?” Allison asked and I smirked and pointed towards her.

“My girl! Thank you!” I said and Allison smirked towards me, “You can bowl, right?”

“Hell yeah!” I laughed and Danny smirked.

“Right, Scott?” Allison asked and Scott and Stiles just had this horrified look on their faces.

“Sort of,” Scott muttered and Jackson leaned forward.

“Is it sort of, or yes?” Jackson asked and I went to grab the fork, but Danny slapped my hand away and I leaned back in my seat and pouted.

“Yes,” Scott said and I sighed, “In fact, I’m a great bowler.”

‘…Oh, this is gunna be interesting…’ I said, knowing that Scott was lying and hoping that Jackson didn’t pick up on that.

The bell rang and everyone dispersed from the table. Stiles grabbed my hand and I waved bye to Danny, Allison and Lydia.

“You’re a terrible bowler!” Stiles said and I looked back towards Scott and snickered.

“I know! I’m such an idiot!” Scott said and I shook my head.

“God, it was like watching a car wreck,” Stiles said and I laughed, “I mean, first it turned into the whole group date thing- And you!” Stiles stopped me and looked at me, “Why didn’t you say anything?!”

“What do you mean? You expect me to tell Ms. Princess ‘no’? The woman that you’re practically ready to air hump?” I asked and Stiles pointed towards me and was struggling with his words, “Didn’t think so, move on.”

“And then comes that phrase,” Stiles said, turning back towards Scott, ignoring what had just happened there.

“Hang out,” Scott said and Stiles flinched.

“You don’t hang out with hot girls, ok?” Stiles said and I smirked.

“Thanks Stiles,” I smiled.

Stiles looked back towards me, his face hot, “It’s like death,” he said as he looked back towards Scott and my smiled disappeared.

“Thanks Stiles,” I muttered and then shook my head.

“Once it’s hanging out, you might as well be her gay best friend-“

“Whoa! What’s wrong with having a gay best friend?!” I asked and Scott and Stiles stopped, turned around and looked to see me standing in the middle of the hall, an annoyed look on my face, my hands on my hips and tapping my foot.

“How is this happening?” Scott asked as he looked towards Stiles, clearly upset and clueless, “I either killed a guy or I didn’t.”

“And we’re avoiding the gay best friend, perfect,” I said as they turned around and I started to follow them again.

“I don’t think Danny likes me very much,” Stiles said and I looked over towards him and shook my head, “Lexi, does Danny like me?”

“How am I supposed to know?” I asked and threw my hands in the air.

“You’re his best friend, he’s your ‘gay best friend’,” Stiles said and I playfully shoved his shoulder and Scott stopped and looked at us upset.

“I ask Allison on a date, and now we’re hanging out,” Scott said and I bite back a laugh because he’s freaking out for nothing.

“Am I not attractive to gay guys?” Stiles asked and I shook my head.

‘…Boys…’ I scoffed.

“I make first line, and the team captain wants to destroy me, and now,” Scott looked at his phone, “Now, I’m gunna be late for work,” he said as he turned around and started to rush down the hall.

“Wait! Scott, you didn’t-“ Stiles called but Scott was gone, “Lexi-“

“I don’t want to hear it Stiles,” I said as I walked past him and headed down the hall.

“Am I attractive to gay guys?!” he yelled down the hallway and I laughed and shook my head, not believing that he just yelled that through the hallway.