Trust the Instinct

013:

“Why am I out here again?” I asked from the backseat of Stiles’ jeep as Stiles drove towards the school. My question went unanswered and I sighed and shook my head.

Stiles pulled up n front of the school and I saw that there was a big gate blocking us off. The three of us got out of the jeep and followed Scott towards the gate.

“Hey, no, just me,” Scott said and we looked at him confused, “Someone needs to keep watch.”

“How come I’m always the guy keeping watch?” Stiles asked and I sighed, “Lexi’s here, she can keep watch-“

“I’m not staying here by myself!” I snapped and Stiles sighed and looked at me and then looked back to see that Scott was already climbing over the fence.

“Ok, why’s it starting to feel like you’re Batman and I’m Robin?” Stiles asked when Scott was on the other side of the fence.

“Really? Did you really just say that?” I asked, shaking my head and rolling my eyes, “Idiot.”

“What? I don’t want to be Robin all the time!” Stiles said looking back and forth between Scott and I.

“Nobody’s Batman and Robin any of the time,” Scott said, shaking his head and I smirked and then groaned.

“Not even some of the time?” Stiles said sounding disappointed.

“Just stay here,” Scott said forcefully.

“Oh my god! Fine,” Stiles growled and then turned around and headed towards me as I watched as Scott turned around and headed towards the bus.

“Sorry, Robin,” I smirked and Stiles glared at me. The two of us walked back towards the car and Stiles sat in his seat when I hopped into the passenger seat, “I hope he’s all right.”

“Scott will be fine,” Stiles said and I sighed and looked at him.

“Are you going to be fine?” I asked and Stiles looked towards me confused, “You threw quite a hissy fit out there.”

“I didn’t throw a hissy fit,” he said and I smirked and nodded my head, “It’s nothing.”

“Whatever,” I said and then leaned back in the seat and looked towards the bus that Scott was inside. A light caught my eye and I sat up and looked towards the bus. I cursed when I saw there was a security guard walking around, “Stiles!”

He cursed and started to honk his horn, giving Scott a signal to get out of there. I jumped into the backseat when we saw Scott running towards us, jump onto an SUV and then do a front flip over the fence.

“Come on, come on, come on,” Stiles kept on saying until Scott jumped into the jeep. Stiles started to jeep up and then sped away, “Did it work? Did you remember?”

“Yeah, I was there last night,” Scott said and I looked at him sadly, waiting or what he was about to say, “And the blood, a lot of it was mine.”

“So you did attack him?” Stiles asked and I was confused.

“No,” Scott answered and I was really confused, “I saw glowing eye in the bus, but they weren’t mine. It was Derek!”

“What about the driver?” I asked and Scott looked back towards me.

“I think I was actually trying to protect him,” he said and I let out a breath of relief.

“Wait, why would Derek help you remember that he attacked the driver?” Stiles asked and actually that question made sense.

“That’s what I don’t get,” Scott said and I looked at him.

“Just that? Nothing else?” I asked and then rolled my eyes.

“It’s got to be a pack thing,” Stiles said and I sighed and placed my head in my hands.

“I’m so confused my heads started to hurt,” I muttered.

“What do you mean?” Scott asked.

“Like an initiation, you do the kill together,” Stiles said and I sighed and looked towards them.

“Because ripping someone’s throat out is a real bonding experience?” I stated and then shook my head and when back to holding it.

“Yeah, but Scott didn’t do it, which means that he’s not a killer,” Stiles said and I looked towards Scott to see that relief washed over his face, “And it also means that-“

“I can go out with Allison,” Scott said happily and I scoffed.

“I was gunna say it means you won’t kill Lexi or me,” Stiles stated and I smirked towards Scott.

“Oh yeah, that too,” Scott said and I snorted.

“Lover boy’s back,” I muttered and Stiles smirked.

-Alison-
I opened my closet and started to look through my clothes, I found a cute dress and pulled it out to show Lydia and Alexis, who were sitting on my bed waiting for me.

“Pass,” Lydia and Alexis said at the same time and then looked at each other and smirked. I sighed and then grabbed another dress, “Pass,” Lydia said and Alexis shook her head. After two more passes, Alexis groaned and told Lydia just to pick out an outfit. Lydia got up, walked over towards my closet and started to dig through my outfits, “Pass. Pass. Pass on all of it.”

“Then what is she going to wear?” Alexis asked and I looked back over towards her to see that she was laying on the bed staring at the ceiling.

“God, Allison, respect for your taste is dwindling by the second,” Lydia said and I bit the inside of my cheek.

“Let me try,” Alexis said as she sat up and walked over towards the closet and started to go through my things. Muttering that some things were cute, but not the outfit she was looking for. After a few more minutes and way back in my closet, “Found it!”

“Really?” Lydia asked and we looked at each other as Alexis pulled herself out of the closet with a black shirt with sequences on it, “Cute.”

“Oh yeah,” Alexis smirked and then high fived Lydia.

I looked in the mirror and then heard my bedroom door opened, we looked over and saw my dad walking in staring down at his jacket in his hands, “Dad, hello?”

He smiled towards us and then something clicked, “Right, I’m sorry. I completely forgot to knock.”

Lydia sat on the bed and smiled brightly towards my dad, “Hi, Mr. Argent.”

“Dad, do you need something?” I asked as I looked back from Lydia and Alexis.

“I wanted to tell you that you’ll be staying in tonight,” he said and I looked at him confused.

“What? I’m going out with my friends tonight,” I said and then looked towards Alexis, who was leaning against the wall looking at my dad.

“Not when some animal out there is attacking people,” he said and I sighed and shook my head.

“Dad, Dad-“

“Hey, hey, hey, it’s out of my hands,” he said and I heard Alexis walk over towards the bed and sit next to Lydia, “There’s a curfew, no one’s allowed out past 9:30pm,” I growled and then threw my shirt on the bed, “Hey, no more arguing.”

I sighed and then heard Lydia scoff when my dad walked out of the room, “Someone’s daddy’s little girl.”

“Sometimes,” I said and then smirked towards Lydia and Alexis, “But not tonight.”

“Oh this is some serious spy shit right here,” Alexis said as I walked over towards the window, climbed out onto the roof and looked over our front yard.

“What are you doing?” Lydia asked as she and Alexis hung out the window looking towards me.

I took a deep breath before jumping off of the roof and smiling when I hit the ground on my feet. I looked back up towards the girls and waved for them to follow, “Eight years gymnastics. Are you coming?”

“I am,” Alexis said and then climbed out onto the roof and moved to her butt, her feet hanging off the side of the house and then slid down. She held onto the side of the house before letting go and falling to the ground, landing on her feet.

“Nice,” I said and Alexis whipped off her hands and shrugged her shoulders.

“Living in New York has its perks,” she said and I smirked.

Alexis and I looked back towards the window, seeing Lydia looking down at us like we were crazy. I asked if she was coming and she scoffed, “I’ll take the stairs.”