Trust the Instinct

014:

-Alexis-
“And that would be a strike for mio!” I smiled brightly as I skipped back towards the section and high fived Danny’s hand and sat next to Lydia.

“You and Allison brought your A game,” Lydia said and I smiled and stuck my tongue out towards Jackson.

Jackson went up took his turn and got a strike, I sighed and felt Danny rub my back, “That’s night’s still young.”

I snorted at his choice of words and leaned back against him and playfully stuck my tongue out at him.

“If I didn’t know you two better, I’d say you’d make a cute couple,” Lydia said as she looked towards Danny and I.

“Ah, but alas, he bats for the other team,” I said sadly and Danny laughed.

“Sorry,” he said and I looked back towards him and shook my head.

“Don’t apologize for that, I still love you,” I said and kissed his cheek.

“Ick,” Jackson and I scoffed and waved him off, “You’re up, McCall.”

‘…Oh boy…’ I thought and wondered if Scott was going to be caught in his lie.

“You can do it, Scott,” Allison said and I smirked and nodded my head towards him.

Scott stood, took a deep breath, grabbed a ball and walked over towards the lane. I actually thought that he might get something, his standing was right, but at the last second, he turned his wrist and went right towards the gutters. Jackson was laughing and I sighed and slouched my head, ‘…So close…’

“Mind shutting up,” Allison said because Jackson was still laughing like and asshole.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m just flashing back to the words ‘I’m a great bowler’,” he said and I sighed and shook my head.

‘…Knew that was coming…’ I thought as I ran looked towards Scott grabbing another ball.

“Maybe he just needs a little warm-up,” Allison said and I smirked towards Scott.

“Yeah, maybe he just needs the kiddy bumpers,” Jackson said and I looked back towards Danny.

“Great friend you’ve got there,” I said and Danny shrugged his shoulders.

“Just- Just aim for the middle,” Allison said and I looked towards Allison and nudged my head towards Scott, making her go up there and helping him.

“How ‘bout you aim for anything except the gutter?” Jackson said as he and Lydia laughed.

“Let him concentrate,” Allison said and I sighed and shook my.

‘…It’ll be fun, they said. Jackson’s a great guy, they said…’ I scoffed and looked back towards Allison, giving another nudge of my head to go up there and help him because she didn’t do it the first time, ‘…Assholes…’

Scott tried again, managed to make it down the lane, but curved just when he was about to hit a pin and went into the gutters. I sighed and shook my head, listening to Jackson go on again, “Oh, great job, McCall. Man, you are a pro.”

“It’s all right, man,” Danny said as Scott came back and sat down next to Allison and across from me.

“Don’t worry, we only just started,” Allison said and Scott nodded his head and then looked towards me. I winked towards him and then looked to see that it was Lydia’s turn.

By the time it had rolled back around to Scott, Lydia managed to get six, Jackson, Alison and I another strike and then Danny a spare. Scott was standing in front of the lane looking like he was praying, I whispered Allison’s name and she looked back towards me, “Go help him!” I hissed lowly, seeing Jackson and Lydia laughing about something on Jackson’s phone.

Allison nodded her head and then got up and walked over towards him. I don’t what she said to him, but she was smiling when she walked back, and then she and I cheered when Scott got a strike.

“What did you say to him?” Lydia asked and I leaned in, wanting to know too.

“I just gave him something to think about,” she said and I rolled my eyes and smirked.

After about six more turns, Scott getting all strikes, I was smirking because Jackson looked angry.

“Jackson, how many strikes is that?” Allison asked, wanting to rub it in as Scott walked back over.

“It’s six,” Jackson snapped and I smirked and high fived Scott, “In a row.”

“Something just clicked I guess,” Scott said and I smirked.

“I guess,” I laughed and leaned back against Danny.

“Maybe it’s natural talent,” Allison said and I smirked.

“I could use a little natural talent,” Lydia said as she stood up and flirted towards Scott, “You mind helping me out this time, Scott?”

I looked at Allison confused and then back towards Lydia, ‘…What that hell is she doing?...’

“Uh, no, you’re good,” Scott said and I had to bite back a laugh, “Go for it.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence,” Lydia said annoyed that she got turned down and then walked towards the lane.

“Hey, I’ll help,” Jackson said as he stood up and started to walk towards her, but Lydia turned his request down and saw that she would do it on her won.

“Burn,” I laughed and Scott smirked towards me. I was surprised when Lydia went up there and got herself a strike, ‘…What the hell?...’

She walked back and smirked towards Scott, “I think I’m getting the hang of it.”

“You think?” I asked.

“That was sort of perfect form,” Allison said and I nodded my head.

“Was it?” Lydia asked and I sighed.

‘…Why is she always pretending to be stupid when she’s really the smartest one out of all of us?...’ I thought as I looked to see that Jackson looked annoyed.

“Maybe you should stop pretending to suck just for his benefit,” Allison said and I had to cover my mouth and bite my tongue to hide my smirk.

“Trust me, I do plenty of sucking just for his benefit,” Lydia said and my eyes widened and I looked at Allison whose face was bright red.

“All righty then,” I said and then shook my head.

When the game was over, we all took our bowling shoes off and returned them, Scott and Jackson were faster than us, so when they finished they went towards the arcade. Danny had to leave, I couldn’t remember what he told me, but he said he would see my tomorrow for studying. Lydia, Allison and I were putting our shoes back on and talking about the boys. I looked up and towards the arcade to see that Jackson and Scott were looking towards us and Scott looked annoyed.

‘…Uh oh…’ I thought and then stood up and grabbed my things, “Maybe we should head out of her, this is getting old.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Lydia said and then stood up and started to walk towards Jackson.

I waited for Allison before we followed after her, “I don’t know how you keep up with that girl,” I laughed and Allison smirked.

“I can handle her, I’ve seen worse,” Allison asked and I looked at her, because the way she said it was a little suspicious.

“I mean same here,” I said, talking about some of the girls in New York, “But it still doesn’t change the face that I don’t know how you do it.”

We both laughed and then walked over towards the others and I grabbed my bike keys out of my back pocket. The five of us walked into the parking lot and towards our cars, which surprisingly were in a row. Scott was bring Allison home and Lydia was driving Jackson home. I walked over towards my bike, which was parked next to Scott and smiled towards Allison.

“I’ll talk to you later,” I said and Allison smiled and nodded her head and I watched as Scott walked over towards me and stood next to Allison, “You my friend, I’ll see you a work tomorrow.”

“Yeah, bring you’re A game and get ready to clean some cages.”

“The joys of my life,” I said and Scott and I laughed, “I’ll see you guys later.”

I hopping onto my bike started it, put my helmet on and then drove out of the parking lot heading him and ready for a good night sleep. As I walked through my front door I stopped and turned around when something caught my eye.

I looked at my door strangely when I saw this circular marking carved into my door, “What the hell is that?” I asked myself as I ran my fingers over the carving and then stepped back and took a picture of it and sent it to Stiles and Scott, asking if they knew what it was. I snapped my head to the side when I heard a crash coming from upstairs, “Gram?!” I called ad then walked into the house, “Gram?! Is that you?”