Trust the Instinct

015:

“She’s waking up,” I heard and groaned, feeling my head feel heavier than it usually was, “Lexi, can you hear me? Lexi?”

“Shut up, let her come to on her own,” I heard someone else say, sounding like Allison.

“What happened?” I groaned as I fluttered my eyes opened and started to push myself up.

“No, stay down!” I heard and saw Allison placing her hands on my shoulders, “You really should take it slowly.”

“What happened?” I asked as I looked around and saw that I was in a hospital room. It was light out and I saw that Scott, Stiles, Allison, Lydia, Danny and even Jackson standing in the room.

“You were in an accident,” Danny said and I looked at him confused and then held my head.

“What? How?”

“You don’t remember?” I heard and looked to see a nurse walk into the room, “Shouldn’t you six be at school?”

“Free period,” they all said and she sighed.

“Mom, is she going to be all right?” Scott asked and I looked back and forth between the woman and Scott.

“Mom?” I asked and Scott nodded his head.

“Meet Momma McCall, Lexi,” Stiles said and I gave her a small smile.

“Hi.”

“Nice to meet you under the circumstances, so you don’t remember?”

“I remember that I was home-“

“How were you home if you were in an accident?” Jackson asked, “How hard did you hit your head?”

“Do you know who brought you in?” Mrs. McCall asked and I looked at her confused, “You were on a stretcher in front of the emergency room, no one knows how you got there.”

“What?” I asked and she sighed.

“I’ll go get the doctor,” she said and then placed her hand on my shoulder before walking out of the room.

“I’m so confused,” I said as I felt soreness all over my body, ‘…I was home; I know I was home…’ I held my head and then closed my eyes, trying to remember what had happened.

“Lexi-“

“Where’s my bike?” I asked and Danny sighed and looked at me.

“I don’t know, Jackson and I searched every road but didn’t find your bike, didn’t even find where you could have possibly crashed,” Danny said and I looked at him confused.

“I know I was home, check my garage,” I said and Danny nodded his head and then left the room, pulling Jackson along with him as he was saying some nasty remarks.

“Lexi, just take a deep breath-“

I yelled out in pain, gripping my head and clutching my eyes shut, “Lexi!”

‘…Ow, ow, ow, ow!...’ I felt like my head was on fire.

-Scott-
“Lexi! Lexi! Hey, Lexi, wake up!” Allison called as she shook the now unconscious Alexis.

I looked over towards Stiles and our eyes were wide from shock at what had just happened. I heard Stiles gasp at something and I looked at him confused. His arms were flailing around and he covered his mouth and looked at me. I looked at him confused and then saw my mom and the doctor run in. They ushered the four of us out of the room and Lydia and Allison said that they were going to get coffee.

“What the hell was that?” I asked as I looked at Stiles as soon as the girls were gone.

“Her side! Did you see her side?!” Stiles asked and I looked at him confused, “We have to get back in there!”

“Just wait for them to get out,” I said and Stiles nodded his head.

After waiting a few minutes, mom walked out and the doctor followed behind her and then headed down the hallway. Mom sighed and walked over towards us, “She’s going to be all right, my guess is that she was trying to remember something and just put too much pressure on her brain.”

“Can we see her?” I asked and my mom shook her head.

“Let her rest,” she said and I sighed.

“Mom, she’s my friend, we just want to sit with her,” I said and Mom groaned.

“Just sit with her, only you two!” she said and I nodded my head.

Stiles and I rushed into the room and Stiles ran to Alexis’ side, pulled back the blanket and then pulled up her hospital gown. I blushed a little at seeing her underwear, but then my eyes were wide when I saw the big, bloody bandage on her side.

“No,” I breathed as I just to move my hands, “Please no.”

Stiles seemed to be the one able to do it. He pulled down the bandage and we threw back our heads and groaned when we saw the bite mark on her side, “Aw Lexi, I’m so sorry.”

“He got to her,” I said and Stiles looked at me confused.

“Who, man?”

“I didn’t have time to explain it before, but I went to see Derek last night,” I said and Stiles looked
at me, wanting me to continue, “There’s another wolf here- An Alpha,” I said and Stiles sighed, “He’s the one who turned me, who turned Lexi.”

“What are we going to do?” Stiles asked and I sighed and shook my head, not knowing what to do.

“First we need to figure out what happened,” I said and Stiles nodded his head.

There was a knock at the door and Stiles and I looked to see that the Sheriff was walking into the room, “Dad?”

“Stiles? What are you doing here?” he asked as he closed the door and walked over towards us.

“She’s a friend,” he said and the Sheriff sighed and rubbed the back of his head, “Why? What’s wrong?”

“I need to talk to your friend here,” he said and I shook my head.

“She’s unconscious, she just passed out,” I said and Sheriff sighed again.

“What’s going on, dad?”

“You’re friend is a suspect in a murder,” he said and both Stiles and my eyes widened.

“Murder?!”

“Alexis Parker is the suspect in the murder of Dana Parker,” my dad said and Stiles looked at me and then back at Alexis, “Her Grandmother had her throat sliced and Alexis’ clothes had blood all over them.”

“Because she was in an accident,” Stiles said and his father shook his head.

“Her motorcycle was in the garage unscratched,” Sheriff said and I sighed.

‘…At least she’ll be happy to hear that…’ I thought and then saw the door opened and Jackson and Danny ran into the room.

“Does she know?” Danny asked as he walked over towards Alexis’ side.

“Uh hey, a little privacy please,” Sheriff said and Danny looked over towards me.

“Does Lexi know about her Gram?” he asked and I sighed and shook my head.

“No, she passed out after you left, her head was hurting her,” I said and Danny sighed.

“What happened?” Stiles asked and I looked over towards Jackson to see that he was leaning against the wall looking down, “Jackson!”

“We went to her house to see if her bike was all right and her front door was opened,” Danny said and we looked over towards him to see that he was looking at Alexis, “We walked inside and Pepper came up to us- We bent down to pet her and saw that she had blood on her fur.”

“What else?” Sheriff asked and I looked to see that he was writing everything down.

“We heard a crash in the kitchen and walked in there to see her Gram on the ground, blood was everywhere, the back door broke from its hinges,” Jackson said and we looked towards him.

There was something on his face that got my thinking, ‘…He saw something…’