Trust the Instinct

006:

“Oh yeah baby! B+ work right there!” I cheered as I turned around to look at Danny as I was handed back my Chemistry test. He was sitting next to Jackson and I was sitting in front of him.

“Nice, see I told you that you would get a high grade studying with me,” he smiled and Jackson looked at me and rolled his eyes.

“Thanks,” I smiled and Danny nodded his head.

The bell rang and everyone got up to head to lunch, Danny came up next to me and bumped my shoulder, “Are you staying to watch practice?”

“Not for long, I have work, but of course I will,” I said and he smiled and nodded his head, “Hey, can you let me copy your English notes later? I have a feeling that I’m going to me going in and out of Mrs. M’s lecture of whatever the hell she’s talking about today,” I laughed and Danny smirked and nodded his head.

“Yeah sure, just throw it in the locker room before you leave today, I wanted to study tonight for the quiz in three days,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Thanks, I should have enough time at practice.”

“What are you doing free period?” he asked and I sighed.

“Helping Allison study for French,” I said and Danny nodded his head.

We had lunch together and then right after lunch was English and then free period. I studied French with Allison for the free period class and then when we were finished, we went to our lockers, grabbed our things and met up at the lacrosse field.

“Lexi!” Danny called as I walked towards him, “Here, yeah just make sure that you throw it in my locker.”

“I don’t know the comb-“

“No the boys’ locker room,” he said, “I never go back to my locker after practice.”

“Uh-“

“Don’t worry, there should be no one in there when you go in, we’ll all be out here,” he said and I nodded my head and then walked over towards the bleachers with Allison and sat down, opening the notebook and quickly jotting down all of the notes that I missed while zoning out.

“Danny takes a lot of notes,” Allison said and I snorted and nodded my head, “You know, if he was straight, you two would make a cute couple.”

“Sometimes I wish he was straight,” I laughed and Allison smirked and shook her head, “I’ve told him that too, but I like him the way he is.”

“When are you leaving for work?” Alison asked and I looked at my watch and sat that I had ten minutes before I needed to leave, “Am I still coming over tonight?”

“Yup, we’ll get that history project started,” I said and she nodded her head.

When the ten minutes were up, I said bye to Allison, waved to Danny and headed for the boys’ locker room. I walked into the locker room and searched for Danny’s locker, it was a little hard because they didn’t have their names or numbers on them. Once I found the locker with Danny’s jacket in it, I tore out a piece of paper, wrote a note saying that he was the best and then placed the notebook in his locker.

Just as I was about to leave, I heard voices and they sounded like they were panicking a little, ‘…Who’s that?...’ I thought as the voices came into the locker room and I mentally cursed as I jumped up and hid behind some lockers.

“Down! You ok? Scott, you ok?” I heard and tensed up.

‘…Scott? What’s going on?...’ I thought as I peaked my head over and saw that Scott’s friend, Stiles was holding up Scott.

“Get away from me!” Scott yelled viciously and my eyes widened and I jumped a little at how scary he sounded.

Stiles fell back and started to crawl back away from Scott, when Scott stood up and started to go after Stiles, I acted without thinking. I was going to run at Scott and tackle him to the ground, but then skidded to a stop when I watched as Scott jumped on top of the lockers and crawled onto the cement barriers that went across the ceiling. Scott made this sort of animalistic roar and I tucked myself back into the locker and watched as Stiles ran around.

Stiles grabbed the fire extinguisher and sprayed it at Scott, somehow this all worked and Scott calmed down and asked Stiles what had just happened.

“You tried to kill me,” Stiles answered as he walked over towards Scott.

‘…What the hell is he?! What just happened?!...’ I thought as I watched as Stiles bent down in front of Scott.

“It’s like I told you before. It’s the anger, it’s your pulse rising. It’s a trigger,” Stiles said and I stepped out from behind the locker and closer to the boys.

“But that’s lacrosse,” Scott said and I gulped, still not being able to process what had just happened, “It’s a pretty violent game, if you hadn’t noticed.”

“Well, it’s gunna be a lot more violent if you end up killing someone on the field,” Stiles said and my eyes widened and I tripped over something and banging into the locker, mentally cursing that I had just given my presence away.

“Lexi?” I heard and looked up to see Scott and Stiles standing there, “Lexi?”

“Get away from me!” I yelled and made a run for it, hearing Scott calling me name but ignoring him. I needed to get the hell out of there; I needed to get to work. I ran towards my bike, hopped on and sped to work, wanting to do something to clear my mind at what I had just seen.

Deaton was busy with a client, but he left me a list to do, I sighed at how large the list was and decided to get started. Cleaning the cat litter boxes was the first thing, ‘…Perfect…’

-Scott-
“She saw me!” I panicked, “Stiles! She saw me!”

“Ok, don’t panic, don’t panic, we’ll figure something out!” Stiles said and tried to calm me down, “Hey! Scott! Calm down!” I sat down on the bench and was breathing heavily, I was trying to control the fact that my heart was rising, “Just breathe man.”

“We need to talk to Lexi,” I said and Stiles nodded his head.

“Let me do it,” he said and I looked at it confused, “Maybe she won’t be as terrified if I do it.”

“She should be at work now,” I said and Stiles nodded his head, “Wait, you’re going now?”

“Yeah, before she tells anyone,” Stiles said and I began to panic.

“She can’t!”

“I know man, that’s why I’m going now!” Stiles said and I nodded my head and we quickly changed and ran towards his jeep.

Stiles was going to talk to her while I waited in his jeep, I was going through so much right now, I didn’t know Alexis to know about my curse.

When we got to the clinic, it was already after closing hours and I looked to see that Deaton’s car was gone but Alexis’ bike was still here. Stiles sighed and then looked at me and patted my shoulder, “Is gunna be all right, Scott.”

I just nodded my head and watched as Stiles took a deep breath, got out of the car and headed for the front door. I had handed him the key because I knew it was going to be locked. Stiles was in there all of five minutes before I heard Alexis scream.

I jumped out of the jeep and ran into the building, towards one of the back rooms and saw Alexis hitting Stiles with a broom stick, “Stiles?”

“Dude, she just started hitting me!” he yelled and I looked at Alexis to see that she was backing away from us, shaking her head and clutching the broom.

“Lexi, it’s all right,” I said and she shook her head.

“You- you- you- You tried to kill Stiles! You’re a- What the hell are you?!” she asked and I took another step towards her.

“I’m not going to hurt you-“

“You tried to kill your best friend!” I yelled and Stiles sighed, “What are you?!”

“Don’t man,” Stiles said and I sighed.

“She’s not going to tell anyone,” I said looking back towards him, “Who would believe her?”

“Scott-“

“What are you, McCall?” Alexis asked and I looked back towards her to see that she was staring at me intently and sacredly.

I sighed and gulped, looking at her nervously, “I’m a werewolf.”