Status: I'm choosing PG-13 just to be safe. Please, give some suggestions for the story, since this is my first published book..

Boys and Broadway Do Not Mix

FREAKing Out

I sighed and locked the door. I leaned against it and slid down to the ground.
'Whoa....' I thought. 'That was probably the best thing that has EVER happened to me!' I mulled over the events of the party as I relished in the few and fleeting moments of silence.

"MORGAN KIARA BOSCH!!! Do you have ANY idea how worried your father and I have been!?" Nina screamed at me from the dining room table. Both Nina and Thomas rose and came to tower over me from my spot on the floor.

There's one more thing you should know about me: I'm adopted. My last name used to be Swanson. My real parents died in the military. I was 6. At the time, no one told me why my 'mommy and daddy' didn't come back with everyone else's parents. I figured it out myself by the time I was 8 at Ms. Miriam's Home for Girls. It was terrible there;the food, the people, the beds. The only thing I wore was a simple frock and a light jacket to try and keep out the winter chill. The only thing I truly found joy in was singing and an old copy of "Annie". The music and cheer comforted me and gave me hope that Daddy Warbucks was going to come to San Francisco and adopt me next.

He never came.

I was 10 when I was finally adopted by Nina and Thomas. They had warm, copper skin, ebony hair, and bright smiles.

Since I'd been orphaned, I hadn't been to public school since 1st grade. When they enrolled me into JoHansson Elementary for 4th grade, I was always the odd one out, despite the fact I learned faster than the children who'd been there since kindergarten. People stared at my fair skin in contrast to Nina's Pocahontas-like complexion. I started shutting everyone out. I don't know what I would've become if I hadn't met Riley.

She was the only person who didn't notice the difference of skin color. She helped me open up and gave me confidence.

"Haters are gonna Hate, gurlfriend." Riley told me the day we met. Riley was also the only person who understood my 'Showbiz Dream' as she called it. It's because of this, the wall between my adoptive parents and I has been growing stronger and larger.

"Look, Nina, I was only like, 30 minutes late!" I replied as I picked myself up, pushed past them and headed to my room. I just wanted to scream as my precious thoughts of Will left my head briefly.

"How many times do I have to tell you not call us by our first names. WE ARE YOUR PARENTS! You WILL treat us such!!" Nina stomped after me. I reached my door and she caught up with me. Nina grabbed my elbow and yanked my around to face her. " You need to stop talking to that girl, Niley, is it? She is a bad influence. This attitude will never help you become a lawyer." I sneered at her.

"Maybe I don't want to be a lawyer." I muttered. Nina rolled her eyes.

"Of course you do. See, Thomas, that drunkard slut is putting ideas-" I slapped her arm from around my elbow.

"Don't you DARE talk about her that way. Her name is RILEY, and she is not a drunk or a slut!" I shouted. Thomas tried to scold me.

"NO! You want me to call you mom and dad? FINE! MOM,DAD! GET THE FREAK OFF MY CASE AND LEAVE ME AND MY FREAKING SOCIAL LIFE ALONE!!!!" I screamed in their FREAKING faces as I slammed my
door. I punched it but, instantly regretted it. Damn them, Damn the freaking door for giving me a bruise.

I flopped down on my bed and took out the small tub of ice cream I kept in my lunch box . I sobbed as I stuffed my face with Super Fudge Royale and started watching Teen Beach Movie for like the 6th time that week.

*************************************
May 8th, 3 AM

You better run, run, run

Here we come,revving our engines under sun

While we're cruuuuisn' for a bruuisn'

I had restarted the movie several times by now and had eaten the tub of ice cream and the entire meat lover's pizza in freezer. It was probably meant to be tonight's dinner but, I could care less. I was completely wrapped up in the utter hotness that was Butchy (and to a lesser extent Brady).

Keepin' me cool

Smooth and Steady

Slicked back hair

Man,things are getting heavy

While we're cruuusin' for a bruusin'

Just two wheels and an open road

Wrapped in leather, ready to go

I was dancing and singing along exactly to the music when I got a text. I paused the movie.

Riley: Why do I have the feeling that you're binge eating and watching TBM in rapid succession?

She's knows me so well.

Me: It's because you're psychic..... And because I had another fight with Nina :(

Riley: Do want her to go missing? I totally know a guy.

Me: LOL, Although, that does sound tempting, I'd rather not be connected to Nina's death/dissapperence. Hey, Can I come over?

Riley: Sure. My Parent's are both at work already, so we can Teen Beach it up.

Me: Great. I'll be right over.

I changed into my Waddles pajamas, slipped on a hoodie, and put my chocolate locks into a messy bun. I took TBM out and grabbed my ipod. I quietly opened up the freezer and took all the ice cream I could carry and slipped outside. I turned on my ipod as padded to the Levy's house in my piggy slippers that oinked when I stepped on them. I sang to keep my mind off Nina.

Days like this I want to drive away
Pack my bags and watch your shadow fade
You chewed me up and spit me out
Like I was poison in your mouth
You took my light you drained me down
But that was then, and this is now, now look at me

This is the Part of Me
That you're never gonna ever take away from me,oh
This is the Part of Me
That you're never gonna ever take away from me,no
Throw your sticks and stones, throw your bombs and blows
But you're not gonna break my soul
This is the Part of Me
That you're never gonna ever take away from me,no
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long. I've recently discovered the fantastic world of WIZARD101 and I'm kind've addicted.
Credits:
"Annie" The Musical
Daddy Warbucks from Annie
"Teen Beach Movie" Disney Original Musical
"Cruisn' for a Bruisn'" from Teen Beach Movie
'Butchy' and 'Brady' from Teen Beach Movie
'Waddles' from Gravity Falls
"Part of Me" by Katy Perry