Sequel: I Won't Give Up
Status: Active Updates

That's Hockey, Baby

Chapter 23

2 weeks after funeral (May)

Ella,
I hope you find this one day, and if you're reading this one day, I'm glad. If you're reading this, that means I'm not longer here with you, but watching over you 24/7. I see the way you look at Patrick, the same way mommy used to look at me. If you're reading this and you two are still together, I want you to know that if you ever decide to get married, he has my permission…that was one of your crazy marriage rules when you were little, right?


I sighed and folded the once crumpled piece of paper into my pocket. I closed the last box and took one last look at my dads now, empty, apartment.

I walked into the brisk spring evening air.

Can we talk

I held on to my phone as I waited on the bench outside of my dads complex.

I'm home

I took that as a yes.

"How are you?" He engulfed me in a hug as soon as he opened the door.

I shrugged, "Been better."

He nodded understandingly and let me in his apartment. I found a seat on the couch.

"I never meant for things to turn out the way the did." I admitted nervously.

"Don't be." he plopped down on the couch next to me, "I over reacted."

"I..its just my dad kept telling me that I was no one special to you and no matter what happened between us, I always had those thoughts in the back of my mind. And I'm stupid and stubborn and I really wanted to make my dad happy. And then you didn't follow the script and I was just so confused and Im not good at thinking when I'm confused and all I could hear was Catherine and my dad nagging me in the back of my head so I just followed script even though that was the worst thing I could have done because I hurt you and lost the best thing thats ever happened to me." I babbled on.

"Breathe." Patrick chuckled as he rested his arms on my shoulders, I did what I was told.

"Sorry." I blushed.

He shook his head and laughed, "Just tell me if what you feel for me is real or if its just a game? If its real, we'll figure this out, but if its a game-"

"I love you." I pressed our foreheads together and smiled down at him.

"I love you more." He joked as he kissed my nose then lips softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't realize I was so close to the end of the story until I started writing and I was like, "Wow, I can be done today!" LOL. The next chapter will be the epilogue and then its over!:) I don't know if I'm going to write a sequel, I don't think so, (unless a ton of people tell me otherwise). Thank you allllllll so much for reading and you're amazing comments, it made writing this story 20x more enjoyable:)