Sequel: I Won't Give Up
Status: Active Updates

That's Hockey, Baby

Chapter 5

I woke up at 9am the next morning and headed down to the 7/11 in the lobby since I didn't have time to go grocery shopping yet. I didn't bother changing out of my pajamas. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=89985054 I picked up a greek yogurt and naked juice and went to the cashier.

"Excuse me, I'm Olivia, and I was wondering if I can have your autograph", I looked behind me to see a little girl and her mother holding a newspaper and smiling.

"Uhm, sure. Can I ask why", I asked. Maybe she was a dancer, I thought to myself.

"This is you right", she said, shoving the newspaper she was holding in my face. I looked at the newspaper with multiple pictures of me and Patrick from last night, with the caption "Chicagos golden boy and coaches daughter"

I sighed loudly, "Yeah thats me. We're not dating though".

"Pictures don't lie and Patricks been really quiet on the media scene lately", the mom said.

"No, trust me. My dads Roger, the coach and he asked Patrick to drive me home yesterday but he was hungry so he stopped at the italian ice place before taking me home. I have a boyfriend", I smiled politely.

The mom nodded, but I still don't think she believed me and Olivia still wanted an autograph. After signing her newspaper I excused myself back up to my apartment.

As I got to my floor, I saw Patrick saying goodbye to some girl who was still wearing a skin tight dress from last night where he was wearing grey sweatpants and a white tshirt. He saw me looking at him.

"Like what you see", he winked as I walked towards him,

"Get rid of it", I said shoving the newspaper I got from 7/11 into his chest, "now".

"You do know most girls would pay 50 dollars for a picture with me, let alone have me take them out for italian ice", he said as he examined the newspaper and smirked.

"This isn't funny, I'm serious".

"Is boyfriend back home gonna be upset", he said in a baby voice.

I've been on and off with Marty Evanston for the past 2 years, currently off. I knew he would be upset if he saw these pictures though and I really didn't want to hear him whine about them.

"You're an asshole", I said, snatching the newspaper from him and stomping off to my room.

I got back into my room and had 2 missed calls from my dad and one from Marty. I sighed and called my dad.

"We need to talk. Come to practice at 1", my dad said as he answered. I sighed and put my phone down to get dressed. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=90040061

I walked into my dads office in the United Center. I saw my dad and an unfamiliar woman sitting behind the desk/

"Whats up", I asked as I took a seat in front of his desk. He didn't say anything, just sat patiently.

"I'm Catherine, Patricks publicist", the woman smiled and held her hand out to me, I hesitantly shook it.

"Sorry I'm late coach, lots of traffic", Patrick said as he ran through the door. I sighed loudly.

"Whats he doing here", I asked my dad who just motioned for Patrick to sit.

"Hi Ella, Catherine, nice to see you", he smiled politely as I glared at him.

"Explain", my dad said as he pushed the newspaper from this morning in front of us.

"I was taking Ella home yesterday as you asked, but she was complaining how hungry she was so I stopped at Marios for her and I", Patrick smiled.

"Can you get rid of these, I don't want to be pictured with this", I glared at Patrick.

"Ella", my dad scowled at me, "thats why I called the both of you actually. I've been getting a lot of calls from the media this morning, they're excited to see you settling down with one girl and hoping that you're putting your partying ways in the past".

"He's not settling down though", I chimed in.

"WHICH IS WHY", my dad said, annoyed that I cut him off, "I think it would be best if you two went public".

"Public? We're not even private", I said.

"Ella, I'm thinking you can pretend to be his girlfriend, just for the media at games and stuff. Patrick doesn't have the best rep in the past but we want to show the fans that he's moved past that and grew up", my dad said.

"Patrick is Chicagos golden boy and Ella, I researched you, you seem pretty popular in the dance world, however you both are losing the interest from your fans. They want action, and a relationship would help the both of you out immensely. Ella, you're cute as a button….kick ass talented and extremely charming while Patrick is Chicagos bad boy….the media would just eat the two of you up as a couple", Catherine gushed.

"Its not my problem he's a moron and gets drunk in public", I snapped and I could see Patrick roll his eyes in the corner of mine.

"I think its an excellent idea", Patrick smirked.

"I don't", I snapped again.

"You don't have a choice. Catherine will be in contact with you in the next few days. Dismissed.", My dad said leading me out the door.

______________________________________
♠ ♠ ♠
:)