Sequel: I Won't Give Up
Status: Active Updates

That's Hockey, Baby

Chapter 6

It's been 2 days since Catherine and my dad dropped their big plan on me, but I haven't had to go out with Patrick yet.

"Mart, listen to me. When I left we decided we were taking a break", I sighed into the phone, I felt like I've been saying the same thing for the last 40 minutes….probably because I was.

After I left my dads office , Marty wouldn't stop calling me until I finally gave in and answered. He was convinced I was cheating on him and I was trying to convince him that we weren't even dating at the moment. He saw the newspapers and was less then thrilled to see I was 'Dating' a hockey player.

"I have to go", I said, hanging up the phone quickly. I sat on my couch and sighed. What have I gotten myself into. A knock on my door caused me to jump, I sluggishly walked to the door to answer it.

"What are you doing here", I groaned as I opened the door to see a smiling Patrick.

"Dinner with my girlfriend", he smirked.

I began to close my door on him, "First of all, I don't even cook for myself. Second, get out"

"No, I'm taking you to dinner princess. Get ready", he pushed my door open and made himself at home, sitting on my couch. I sighed and glared at him, he was wearing a grey suit. I slipped on a black dress and let my hairs natural waves fall over my shoulder. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=90054158

We ended up going to the Signature Room Lounge. The hostess led us to a table by a window, where my dad was already sitting at. Patrick pulled a chair out for me to sit. I scowled at my dad to let him get the memo that I was not happy or okay with todays earlier events.

"Ella, hear me out", my dad smiled in case anyone was watching us. I sighed, telling him to continue.

"You've always loved acting and performing for people, just think of this as a performance", my dad pleaded.

"I get paid for my performances", I said simply.

"Which is why I'm willing to pay you. 9 months is all you have to last with him and you'll get paid at the end".

I sighed and took it all in.

I mustered up the most genuine 'girl in love' smile I could and reached for Patricks hand across the table, "Deal". Patrick kissed my hands and faked a smile, which made the family at the table next to us "awh". As soon as I was sure no one was watching I pulled my hands back.

______________________________

A week had past since my dad and Catherine came up with their plan. Catherine messages me daily about where to go and what to wear and what to say to fans, what seemed like a small job and favor for my dad has quickly become a full time job.

Today it was December 3rd and Catherine recommended that I go cook for the Ronald Mcdonald house with all the other wives and girlfriends of the players. I reluctantly agreed http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=90118575

My phone buzzed as I jumped in the cab to go.

Just be yourself in the interviews, except not really….remember to be in love xo Cat

"Ella, we're so glad you could make it! Let me introduce you to everyone", Abby greeted me as I walked into the kitchen. I smiled as she went through all the introductions. We were making dinner for 3 families, which should be interesting since I couldn't cook anything other than oatmeal.

Cooking was fun and one by one, girls were taken aside to be interviewed. I sighed nervously as Abby came back from hers and told me they were asking for me. I walked over to the woman with the microphone and sat down on the chair.

"Ella Watson", she asked me and I nodded. "Its so nice to finally meet you".

"You too", I said, remembering what Catherine had told me…..polite and in love.

"Hello Black Hawks TV, I'm Mary Claire and today I'm here with Patrick Kanes new girlfriend……Ella Watson…yes, coaches little girl!", the reporter said excitedly and I smiled even though I could have puked at being mentioned as 'Patrick Kanes new girlfriend'. Never in a million years did I think I'd hear that.

"Tell us about yourself Ella, just the basics", Mary Claire smiled.

"Hi guys, I'm Ella and I'm 21 and I'm a ballet dancer", I answered. I didn't know what 'the basics' were, so I just said what most people knew anyways.

"How did you and Patrick meet", she asked curiously.

Shit, I thought to myself. I was probably supposed to come up with some romantic scene, not spilling spaghetti on my dress. I snapped out of my thoughts and answered.

"We first met briefly at a draft party when I was 17 and he spilled spaghetti on my new dress", I laughed as if it was the funniest thing and so did Mary Claire.

"When did you know you liked him as more than a friend".

Never because were not even friends, in my head I was rolling my eyes during this whole interview, but I kept reminding myself that I was a young girl who was in love.

Thankfully, I knew how to make myself blush on cue, so I did just that before answering, "Probably that night. But he never noticed me".

This earned an awh from her, "You're blushing".

"Whats your favorite thing about him", she continued with fan questions.

"His sense of humor", I said through a faked smile.

She fired about 25 more questions at me before finally ending the interview. Who knew lying could be so exhausting, I actually had a headache by the end.

"It was so nice to meet you Ella, best of luck to you and Patrick", Mary Claire smiled before calling Duncan Keiths wife over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay last update for today:) OMG the schedule for next season is up and my dads finally getting season tickets this year so I've officially begun a countdown to October 1st on my phone lol. Is anyone else as excited for season to start as much as I am?? ANYWAYS back to the story lol what do you guys think? I'm loving the comments, keep them coming!!:)